Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

eamonnq: I think I am going to order the G4 like your own from mixshop. But did playstore work out of the box or had you to flash it.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

gripcasey wrote: »
    eamonnq: I think I am going to order the G4 like your own from mixshop. But did playstore work out of the box or had you to flash it.
    thanks

When ordering ask them to root the phone and add Google Play.

Well.. it's what I just did. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

thanks

?? I don't have a G4 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

eamonnq wrote: »
    ?? I don't have a G4 :confused:

Subliminal advertising he wants you to buy one :p

Subliminal advertising he wants you to buy one :p

I might have to!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

loyatemu wrote: »
    ordering from China is a deal breaker for many people, especially if there is a comparable phone for comparable money available locally - look how popular the G300 was. I'm pretty sure the Moto G will come with full Google Apps so no need to monkey around flashing zip files, and 16GB is enough for most users.

Sure, and I have no issue with people considering it to be one. I genuinely do think the Moto G is a nice bit of kit, but for me personally, as someone who likes to have their full music library to hand (and some movies/tv episodes) the space available would prevent me from buying it. It will, however, as you say be a very attractive option for people who want a slick Android experience on a budget.

I might have to!! :D

How are you finding the Lenovo? Any luck with flashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Mixshop seem to charge extra for the black colour G4 - is it worth an extra $8.58 :D

Barr wrote: »
    Mixshop seem to charge extra for the black colour G4 - is it worth an extra $8.58 :D

Not to me. I ordered a green case with mine for an extra $4. :P

How are you finding the Lenovo? Any luck with flashing?

Am struggling with a few things on it, but have not had time to sort them out yet.

Does not seem to be a file manager on it, so can't explore the storage through the phone (or install apps that way).

Wifi does not want to seem to connect at work, but I don't think that is an issue with the phone as it worked at home fine.

Might have to brush up on my Chinese and use the recovery software that is on it. I know I came across a guide a while back explaining it, but I am hoping I don't need to go down that route! Will keep me busy for a while anyway!!

• Advertisement

Am struggling with a few things on it, but have not had time to sort them out yet.

Does not seem to be a file manager on it, so can't explore the storage through the phone (or install apps that way).

Wifi does not want to seem to connect at work, but I don't think that is an issue with the phone as it worked at home fine.

Might have to brush up on my Chinese and use the recovery software that is on it. I know I came across a guide a while back explaining it, but I am hoping I don't need to go down that route! Will keep me busy for a while anyway!!

Thats strange but use the Aptoide app to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Lads,
    Which will i pull the trigger on gt3 or g4 thick battery???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,924 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

loyatemu wrote: »
    anyone else encounter this - my phone arrived with Play Store installed, but not most other Google apps. I can install Gmail, Maps etc, but not any apps that require the maps API - eg Next Train/Bus, UlsterBank, Atooma.

I think I've found the necessary files to copy over but wanted to see if anyone else had had the same issue?

I've fixed this by flashing full Gapps from CWM - hadn't planned to do any sort of modding with this phone, another possible reason for non-techies to avoid these phones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Received my THL W200 on Thursday. It's my first android phone in a while as I've been using iPhones for the past 5 years. Very happy with it so far, but still getting to grips with it.

Pros: Price (cost €200 delivered from Wales - €182 for the phone itself), Build quality is excellent (for the money), very responsive - better than my 4s, came with Play Store and all Google apps installed (no Chinese apps), 5 inch Screen, dual sim, seems to hold 3G better than my iPhone. I'm on the Three network.

Bearing in mind I only have it a few days

Cons: While the screen size is great, video/image quality I would consider pretty average, audio quality with headphones is acceptable but not great - my iPhone was much better (understandably), it's charging EXTREMELY slowly (I'd guess 3 hours for a full charge - i'm using a genuine Apple USB plug charger with the cable provided - not sure if that has anything to do with it?), GPS non existent so far - hasn't been able to find my location.

I will report back if any of the above improve.

Overall, I would definitely recommend it for the money. GPS isn't all that important for me so that doesn't concern me too much and other than the ridiculous charging time I am delighted with it.

Antutu Score: 15919

it's charging EXTREMELY slowly (I'd guess 3 hours for a full charge - i'm using a genuine Apple USB plug charger with the cable provided - not sure if that has anything to do with it?)

Could be a cable issue, using a Samsung one and I'm getting full charge in about 90 minutes or less. What % is the batter normally when you start a charge?

Could be a cable issue, using a Samsung one and I'm getting full charge in about 90 minutes or less. What % is the batter normally when you start a charge?

Interesting. The cable provided looks pretty much like the ones you can buy in €2 shops but I assumed they would ship it with a half decent cable? Could very well be the problem. Battery is generally between 10-15% when I start a charge.

Interesting. The cable provided looks pretty much like the ones you can buy in €2 shops but I assumed they would ship it with a half decent cable? Could very well be the problem. Battery is generally between 10-15% when I start a charge.

Yeah, I wasn't that impressed with the cable to be honest and I always have a couple of spare ones knocking around from all the different Samsungs we've had in the house. Usually charge at around that % as well, so I'm not really sure why there's such a big difference.

What do people think of the NEO N003 MTK6589T was just about to order Jiayu G4T when I came across this.
    http://www.mixeshop.com/neo-n003-mtk6589t-quad-core-5inch-fhd-1080p-screen-android-42-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-3g-gps-130mp-3000mah-battery-smartphone_p2838.html

What do people think of the NEO N003 MTK6589T was just about to order Jiayu G4T when I came across this.
    http://www.mixeshop.com/neo-n003-mtk6589t-quad-core-5inch-fhd-1080p-screen-android-42-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-3g-gps-130mp-3000mah-battery-smartphone_p2838.html

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/09/02/neo-n003-review/

Generally trust their reviews.

Thanks' for that. gets good review. But now I am really confused as to what to order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

Thanks' for that. gets good review. But now I am really confused as to what to order.

Don`t overlook the UMI X2 t its a really good phone aswell :P
    1-3_2_4_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

thanks

I got the G4 from mixeshop and it came rooted with the play store installed.

Anyone with the G3S or G3ST model have a dead pixel problem?

Anyone with the G3S or G3ST model have a dead pixel problem?

I did read about that though. Bottom left of the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

My girlfriend just smashed her phone I've got a G3 myself but think that might be a bit on the big size wise. What's good in the 4 to 4.3 inch form factor that isn't on the expensive side? The G2 is a bit plasticy looking for my taste. I see there's a G2F coming out that looks good but who knows if that'll be out by Christmas.

pajor wrote: »
    I did read about that though. Bottom left of the screen?

Top left.

My girlfriend just smashed her phone I've got a G3 myself but think that might be a bit on the big size wise. What's good in the 4 to 4.3 inch form factor that isn't on the expensive side? The G2 is a bit plasticy looking for my taste. I see there's a G2F coming out that looks good but who knows if that'll be out by Christmas.

Am in a similar position. Lot of smaller phones seem to have quite poor specs as we move ever closer to carrying 6' phablets around.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Just took delivery of a Neo N003 advanced on Friday

Wow.... What a phone.....Its absolutely superb !!

Im suffering from food sickness right now but will post a full review over the next day or two

Any recommendations for a launcher to use on the W200? Prefer something that doesn't divide the apps into categories.

@zeitgeistglee - how do you find the battery life? I have the screen set to brightest, not sure if that's big drain on the battery?

• Advertisement

Just took delivery of a Neo N003 advanced on Friday

Wow.... What a phone.....Its absolutely superb !!

Im suffering from food sickness right now but will post a full review over the next day or two

Please do gonna order it or Jiayu G4T in the next few days. So would like to hear your thoughts on the Neo 003.
    And hope the food sickness clears up for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement