Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Just took delivery of a Neo N003 advanced on Friday

Wow.... What a phone.....Its absolutely superb !!

Im suffering from food sickness right now but will post a full review over the next day or two

A dodgy Chinese by any chance ??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Im loving the G3ST, it fells so nice in my hand and the Gorilla glass makes it so much smoother, best thing is the speed it downloads stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Im loving the G3ST, it fells so nice in my hand and the Gorilla glass makes it so much smoother, best thing is the speed it downloads stuff :D

All good to hear.. despite the dead pixel and mysterious SD problem. :)

My G4 was shipped today, should have it in less than two weeks now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor wrote: »

Cheers ill have to download it after work, coverage in Sandyford is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Wonder if someone could help me out here, looking to get a dual sim phone for the father for Xmas. Was looking at getting a Prestigio which are on sale in Harvey Norman. Is this make of phone good? Which would be the best make of phone to get with a dual sim? Ideally with the father getting old and getting less visible I was thinking of getting a 5" screen. Can someone recommend the best phone on the market atm or any reliable websites to buy from. Price is not really a problem. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anybody know how long a phone stays with DHL customs, mines there since Thursday awaiting clearance?

I got a DS through no problem from from Hong Kong but phone is still there

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long a phone stays with DHL customs, mines there since Thursday awaiting clearance?

I got a DS through no problem from from Hong Kong but phone is still there

Does it 'look like' any of the well known brands, if it does it could be confiscated but most likely you will just get charged vat on it, should not be more than a few days though. You could email them with your tracking ref to find out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If you look up the tracking No. on the DHL website, it might give a reason for the delay.
    On mine it said to contact them, so I did and they wanted proof of payment of the phone. Sent it on to them and they released the phone the next day.
    Hope this helps

Further Detail:
    The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection. Next Step:
    The status will be updated following customs inspection. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer if additional requirements are necessary.

Its been a strange order, the phone was shipped on the 9th of this month from Hong Kong arrived in Cork on the 11th and for some strange reason it went to Argentina then to Madrid Berlin UK and now its back in Cork since the 14th

Its a copy of a Iphone 5c:(

• Advertisement

Well then you might be at risk of it being confiscated. Cross your fingers and hope that it is not.

Do they seize many?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Has anybody every ordered from tmart.com before? I have a shipping tracking number but it looks strange - starts with RE (Which is usually registered post I think) but ends with SE. This is what is confusing me - the last two letters are normally where the post is sent from, so usually HK or CN for these devices. I can't imagine they are actually shipping from Sweden! The number isn't registering with any of the usual tracking websites, the shipment left 6 days ago.

I've sent them a mail to query this but if anyone has any experience with shipping from tmart I'd appreciate the feedback...

Do they seize many?

I 'believe' they have tightened up on clones and other fake goods, (football jerseys, designer handbags, along with phones). If it looks very like a well-known branded phone, I would be surprised if it wasn't binned, but you will get a notification of some sort.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Has anybody every ordered from tmart.com before? I have a shipping tracking number but it looks strange - starts with RE (Which is usually registered post I think) but ends with SE. This is what is confusing me - the last two letters are normally where the post is sent from, so usually HK or CN for these devices. I can't imagine they are actually shipping from Sweden! The number isn't registering with any of the usual tracking websites, the shipment left 6 days ago.

I've sent them a mail to query this but if anyone has any experience with shipping from tmart I'd appreciate the feedback...

I was just onto them there they said 3-5 weeks for delivery, website says 3-15 days

I was just onto them there they said 3-5 weeks for delivery, website says 3-15 days

Just got a reply from my email saying it takes some time to show up on the tracking site (which I know from past experience with dx etc is true). She also gave me the full tracking link and it is indeed swedish post - most peculiar that swedish post are operating that far from home! Though I suppose if Deutsche Post( aka DHL) can do it, why not Sweden :D

Edit - looks like it might be this crowd doing the shipping :-

http://www.directlink.com/en/about/references/Pages/home.aspx

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Just got a reply from my email saying it takes some time to show up on the tracking site (which I know from past experience with dx etc is true). She also gave me the full tracking link and it is indeed swedish post - most peculiar that swedish post are operating that far from home! Though I suppose if Deutsche Post( aka DHL) can do it, why not Sweden :D

Far more reliable than China Post! I think mine is being sent through Belgium Post!

pajor wrote: »
    Far more reliable than China Post! I think mine is being sent through Belgium Post!

I suspect this is all a fallout from the disaster of HK Post's issue with batteries (where they suddenly decided you couldn't have lithium batteries in a package and started rejecting existing packages in their system because of this. There was mayhem for a couple of months around Aug/Sept).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Got the mx58 air , great phone but the charging seems slow enough, would a different charger improve this? Im currently using a ****ty old blackberry charger to charge it. If you see this eamonnq can i get a bit of feedback on how long your mx58 used take to charge and what type of charger you used to use. I saw in earlier posts in this forum that you used to own one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Lads,

Disaster has struck with my W200 :D took all of 5 days..

The f'in screen cracked. Not actually sure how. Think I put it in the same pocket as my iPhone. :/ it didn't take much anyway.

Worst of all the small crack (have done worse to iphones in the past) has left me with a screen that's totally unresponsive.

It seems the screen only ships with touch screen sensor thingy as both have to be replaced. Anyone know if that's right?

I looked it up online and found a vid on YT (it's not great) on how to replace the screen. Have given it a go (without having a replacement screen) Managed to remove and put back together the whole casing, the camera and cables required to remove the screen.

I didn't take the screen off yet as I ran out of patience. Anyone done it before?

Screen seems to have a fair bit of adhesive.

Worth paying €60 odd for a screen and trying it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

7" Tablet and phone all in one for €21,might not be the highest specs but for that price it'd be an ok stocking filler.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057086748

zerks wrote: »
    7" Tablet and phone all in one for €21,might not be the highest specs but for that price it'd be an ok stocking filler.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057086748

Wow. Get that with free shipping and no VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Took a punt. If it works for more than a couple of weeks I'll be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sold out.

Took a punt. If it works for more than a couple of weeks I'll be impressed.

If you GET IT, I will be impressed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

This offer from Tesco mobile might be of use to those of us that have dual sim phones, 5GB a month of data each month for 3 months for €5.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/terms/tcs-high-speed-data.aspx

Just order a free sim online and top up by €5, plan allows tethering. (or more sims if you want more data)

Each data bundle is 5 GB allowance for 30 days. 3 bundles will be applied during the offer. The first bundle is applied on activation as outlined above. The second bundle is applied 30 days later and the third bundle is applied 60 days later.
    A Single minimum top up of €5 or more required between the promotion dates 18th November 2013 to 19th January 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

@ pauleoin,
    Do you mind me asking, Is that a 30 day contract or a 12/18/24 month contract?
    And after the 3 months, how much do you have to top up by to get free data or is there a cap on the data?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Panthro wrote: »
    @ pauleoin,
    Do you mind me asking, Is that a 30 day contract or a 12/18/24 month contract?
    And after the 3 months, how much do you have to top up by to get free data or is there a cap on the data?

It's pay as you go just need to Top up a 5er.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Its been a strange order, the phone was shipped on the 9th of this month from Hong Kong arrived in Cork on the 11th and for some strange reason it went to Argentina then to Madrid Berlin UK and now its back in Cork since the 14th

Was it a copy or a counterfit?

ie A GooPhone (or derivatives) or the likes of a Xiaocai X800?

Because I was speaking with someone that ordered a GooPhone and it was stopped by customs, all he had to do was say it was a replica and not a counterfit (Apple logos were only covered by stickers), along with a screenshot of the site he bought it from and he got it past them.

If it was a Xiaocai X800 will you let me know how you got on? I'm considering getting one, but its very like an iPhone so that's putting me off.

• Advertisement

Could ye imagine telling someone you have a goophone :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement