Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭dahat

gripcasey wrote: »
    After review by Paper Rock Scissors I opted for the Neo N003. I received yesterday and am very happy with it. Only fault I could find was , GPS was a bit slow locking on but after doing the fix its working much better.

Trying to find a case that fits it anyone know where to get one, don't realy like the flip one I ordered with it

How was delivery time? What option did you use? I need one delivered for xmas but cant order till Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Alright lads,

Looking to get myself one of these, around €200 to spend, maybe a little more if its nice.

Whats the word on these? any stand out must-haves?

i'm not a heavy user, but do like technology for a nice price.
    just wondering for opinions, great thread to read.

I doubt i'd get it before Christmas at this time.

Hopefully one of you nice fella's point out a good deal.

Thanking you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I have this one. In short I'd recommend it. With a case and VAT free shipping it came in at €183.

Thanks for the reply!

Was looking around myself there. Whats the story with delivery? whats the least likely to get caught by customs?

seems like some great deals on there, just which one to get!

RossieMan wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply!

Was looking around myself there. Whats the story with delivery? whats the least likely to get caught by customs?

seems like some great deals on there, just which one to get!

Getting caught by customs is pretty much inevitable. Mixeshop though offer a shipping service called EUEXP, costs $32 for the G4. They'll pay the VAT for you. Mine got shipped to Belgium where it was paid. Once it's paid somewhere in the EU that's that.

• Advertisement

I see, very good.
    I'm glad i posted first before buying, i wouldn't have known that.

Thanks for the help pajor, much appreciated.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tbh the Moto G release puts the chinese android phones are lower value for money. Anyone not wanting a 5" phone should consider the moto g over the chinese phones.

tbh the Moto G release puts the chinese android phones are lower value for money. Anyone not wanting a 5" phone should consider the moto g over the chinese phones.

Moto g is hard to find though.

dahat wrote: »
    Moto g is hard to find though.

Can be pre-ordered off Amazon.

It can't take a SD card though. Which would be a deal breaker for some on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

pajor wrote: »
    Can be pre-ordered off Amazon.

It can't take a SD card though. Which would be a deal breaker for some on Android.

And I don't think it is dual sim.

• Advertisement

No issues at all mate, I couldnt be happier

Its a superb phone

One thing I did notice though was that everytime the phone powers off and back on, the wifi MAC address changes, not sure why but its no big deal.

You wont be disappointed if you pull the trigger on this phone

I gaurantee it :)

Another question, do all nessecary accessories come with the phone or do they need to be ordered seperate?
    Charger,Usb cable etc...

Another question, do all nessecary accessories come with the phone or do they need to be ordered seperate?
    Charger,Usb cable etc...

Chinese plug charger comes with it. Further back in this thread, it was reported that the micro usb cable that comes with it was taking forever to charge even with an iPhone charger. I use the Samsung charger from my old phone. Fully charges in about 90 mins. A Kindle charger would also do.

pajor wrote: »
    Chinese plug charger comes with it. Further back in this thread, it was reported that the micro usb cable that comes with it was taking forever to charge even with an iPhone charger. I use the Samsung charger from my old phone. Fully charges in about 90 mins. A Kindle charger would also do.

So any charger with a usb style port on it? Sony Ericcson charger do? Will be ordering 3 of these Thursday so just want to get all stuff correct.

So any charger with a usb style port on it? Sony Ericcson charger do? Will be ordering 3 of these Thursday so just want to get all stuff correct.

Any micro usb will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

How was delivery time? What option did you use? I need one delivered for xmas but cant order till Wednesday
    dahat

I got phone from mixshop.com have used them a good few time and never had any problem.

Ordinary Post will take 4 weeks. Usually no Customs
    DHL a week. Customs nearly always ( allow 25% extra)
    EUExp 2 weeks (No Customs)

I got Neo N003 and I am very happy with it

Best of luck with purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I just took delivery of a Jiayu G3T which I bought as an Xmas gift for someone

To be honest I'm not too impressed at all

The phone feels really cheap, The icons look terrible and its loaded with chinese bloatware.

Have my Neo N003 in my hand here along with the G3T and can honestly say the NEO craps all over the G3T

My Neo didnt come with any of the chinese bloatware.

Also the G3T is stuck on 64% charge the last 2 hours

The G3T is rooted though.

Is there any way I can remove the chinese bloatwate from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Just looking on mixeshop at the neo 003 advanced, its priced at 244 dollars, but when i click the currency icon and change it to euro it is 192 euro...

Google tells me at the current rate 244 dollars is actually 177 euro, then why are they charging 192 euro when its 244 dollars?

If i were to pay with paypal and just keep it on dollars would only 177 euro be taken ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

The phone feels really cheap, The icons look terrible and its loaded with chinese bloatware.

Have my Neo N003 in my hand here along with the G3T and can honestly say the NEO craps all over the G3T

Flash a rom or use titanium backup to remove apps.

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Just looking on mixeshop at the neo 003 advanced, its priced at 244 dollars, but when i click the currency icon and change it to euro it is 192 euro...

Google tells me at the current rate 244 dollars is actually 177 euro, then why are they charging 192 euro when its 244 dollars?

If i were to pay with paypal and just keep it on dollars would only 177 euro be taken ?

Those exchange rates are a load of cac. If you log into paypal (then Profile > My Money > Currencies > Payment Conversion) you'll get the real exchange you'll be charged at. $244 = €182.89

Better off keeping the site in dollars, no hidden surprises then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Casshern88 wrote: »

Well for a start google's rates are taken from Xe.com and they don't use the buy or sell rates they just show you the mid market rates which are in between the buy and sell rates. Basically the rate you see on Google or Xe.com you would never be able to actually get. They may also be padding it a little to cover them for exchange rate fluctuations. They also will pad it a bit just because they can. Loads of places do that including paypal and amazon.

If you were to do the transaction in dollars, your credit card company would probably charge about €180 depending on their currency conversion fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Plenty of custom roms available for that, and should get rid of anything you don't need.

Whats the best/most stable rom for the jiayu G3T guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Quick questions for the veterans of the thread.

I finally gave in and bought a phone from mixeshop Saturday. It was sent out by DHL today.

My question is, I put down the UK parcel motel address as a force of habit. It will more than likely get hit with customs being DHL. How do I get it paid? And then delivered to nightline?

Didn't think about it before buying...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Quick questions for the veterans of the thread.

I finally gave in and bought a phone from mixeshop Saturday. It was sent out by DHL today.

My question is, I put down the UK parcel motel address as a force of habit. It will more than likely get hit with customs being DHL. How do I get it paid? And then delivered to nightline?

Didn't think about it before buying...

Easiest way round it is -
    when you get your tracking number and you see that it has been through customs ring dhl and find out how much you owe.
    you will be able to pay over the phone.

if you dont pay then Parcel Motel will refuse delivery and that just causes a whole world of grief

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

hi all,

recently i got an iocean elite x7, great little phone and love it to bits. this morning when i went to use it i discovered that the top half of the screen was not working. i was getting ready to return it when i noticed a large crack on the screen - i am not a happy camper. had a look online and a new screen will cost about €100 euro to get here and then whatever else it is to fix it.

anyway... i now need to find out how much it would be to replace the phone with something similiar and i am looking for some advice. i am thinking that gorilla glass might be a good starting point
    main points are
    android
    5 inch screen
    2gb ram
    32gb rom

open to any and all suggestions

thanks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I would go with the Jiayu G4 advance. its 245 dollars on mixeshop and thats a great price, only thing is its not 5inch but 4.7.

hi all,

recently i got an iocean elite x7, great little phone and love it to bits. this morning when i went to use it i discovered that the top half of the screen was not working. i was getting ready to return it when i noticed a large crack on the screen - i am not a happy camper. had a look online and a new screen will cost about €100 euro to get here and then whatever else it is to fix it.

anyway... i now need to find out how much it would be to replace the phone with something similiar and i am looking for some advice. i am thinking that gorilla glass might be a good starting point
    main points are
    android
    5 inch screen
    2gb ram
    32gb rom

open to any and all suggestions

thanks.....

I'd highly recommend the Neo N003 advanced

It has everything you mentioned above

Got mine about 2 weeks ago and love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

How do i take a screenshot on a THL W200 lads? I've tried holding the power button and pressing the volume down but that won't work on this phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Inbox wrote: »
    How do i take a screenshot on a THL W200 lads? I've tried holding the power button and pressing the volume down but that won't work on this phone.

Download the screenshot app works well for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement