Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Download the screenshot app works well for me.

Tallaghtmick did you upgrade the rom on your G3T?

Gonna try to find a good rom and flash it this weekend

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭dahat

First time using my Paypal in 3 years, ordered 3 Neo for myself, wife and son and they kicked it back, too large amount so have to wait 24 hours now, is this normal?

Bloody hope it will go through tomorrow or i ain't got any chance of getting phone's by Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

dahat wrote: »
    First time using my Paypal in 3 years, ordered 3 Neo for myself, wife and son and they kicked it back, too large amount so have to wait 24 hours now, is this normal?

Bloody hope it will go through tomorrow or i ain't got any chance of getting phone's by Xmas.

Your credit card or which ever on the account may have a daily spend limit alright. Try one at a time?

your paypal account probably got flagged due to trying to send a large amount of cash after such a long period of inactivity

They may ask you to send in some documentation

What delivery method are you planning to use?

If you use DHL your almost certain to get charged by customs (will be over €100 if your ordering 3 x Neo's) but you will have it by xmas.

If you use snail mail you might avoid getting charged by customs but dont have a hope of having it by xmas

Im forever ordering computers/tablets/phones from china. I always use snail mail and have never been charged by customs but maybe I was just lucky :)

Spoke to Paypal and they have said it will go through tomorrow but i will ring before i try again.

For delivery i am using the fastest method, exhu or something, mixeshop is where i ordered them.

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    Your credit card or which ever on the account may have a daily spend limit alright. Try one at a time?

You could be right there, never thought of that. It is my debit card so quite possible it has a limit of 500 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

dahat wrote: »
    Spoke to Paypal and they have said it will go through tomorrow but i will ring before i try again.

For delivery i am using the fastest method, exhu or something, mixeshop is where i ordered them.

EUEXP? Took 10 days for me and no VAT. :)

pajor wrote: »
    EUEXP? Took 10 days for me and no VAT. :)

Thats it, hopefully it goes through tomorrow as 10 days gets it here in time.

How did u get through to PayPal?

I didnt think they had a custoner service number

They do indeed, it is listed on there site. 1890 number..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Tallaghtmick did you upgrade the rom on your G3T?

Gonna try to find a good rom and flash it this weekend

Any suggestions?

Nah the rom on it now is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Trying to justify spending the 230 on the NEO at the moment.

how does it compete against an S4 for example?

Damn you Chinese phones.

Order gone through, bank problem. Thanks for the help here folks

Sit and wait now, 3 phones and accessories to the door for 668e, can't beat that.

Hopefully they operate as good as they look to on Youtube..

You wont be disappointed with the neo mate

Cant stop playing with mine

I have mine setup to be able to remotely access my vu solo 2 satellite box, pc, ip camera and android set top box from anywhere in the world

Best buy this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Interesting new phone coming out very soon.

ZTE Nubia Z5S Mini

4.7" 1280x720
    1.7ghz quad core snapdragon
    adreno 320
    16gb rom with micro sd support
    2gb ram
    7.6mm thick
    fancy IGZO screen should give good battery life

Price will be 300$/220euro or less (without vat of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Hey,

Just looking for an opinion on two phones I'm considering.

http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/android-phones/3958-chinese-smartphone-w450-android-42.html

I think that W450 looks good for the price plus Hong Kong Geek will pay customs if stung.

And

http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Android_Tablets/7_Android_Tablet_PC/7_Inch_Quad_Core_Phone_Tablet_Ceros_Motion_-_1280x800_HD_IPS_Display_1.2GHz_CPU_HDMI_Port_3G_Black/

The Ceros Motion had good reviews online but I'm just unsure how I would handle a 7 inch phone/tablet as my daily device. It's not exactly pocket sized. I don't make calls very often so that wouldn't be the issue, just the having it on my person at all times. Likely to be stung by customs though and ChinaVasion charge for shipping too.

Let it be noted that my current phone is a Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 so anything would be a major upgrade! My budget would be around the 160 mark including shipping and any customs fees necessary.

Thanks!

P.S I just looked at the Jiayu G3T on Hong Kong Geek and noticed that it falls within my budget. Would this be the one to go for? Also, I see a lot of people online metioning rooting it and such. Is this necesary and easy enough to do or straight from the box is it a great phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I have mine setup to be able to remotely access my vu solo 2 satellite box, pc, ip camera and android set top box from anywhere in the world

Best buy this year

Whats the camera like on the Neo? Some reviews I've been reading say it's not the best especially in low light situations as the flash is pretty poor. This one is top of my list but don't thinks it's a great upgrade over my HTC One X. I might hold out to see what the newer MTK CPU's are like in the new year which will have LTE and hopefully more compatible bands for the US. Don't have LTE myself at the minute but the option will future proof it a bit I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Best buy this year
    Is there an app to control all these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

looking to get a phone for the brother now, below 150, 100 would be perfect.

any recommendations? any chance of getting it for christmas do ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i got 2 new thl w100S for presents on behalf of sister-in-law. it now comes with 1.3 ghz quad core vs 1.2 it used be....my wife has the thl w100 around months now .. highly recommend.. ( note got off mrimobiles....came with free accessory pack in summer...nothing now...and just 1 battery... previously 2..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭banie01

For the Vu+ indeed for any Enigma2 box there are a whole plethora of apps available.
    Dreamdroid, Vu+ Player, Enigmanoid and loads more besides.
    For PC access you can set up a share,and forward the port on your router or download something like Polkast which will allow you access your pc or any other system you install the client on.
    For IP/Camera access, depending on the manufacturer their may be an app but even if theres not it will be accessible via the devices WebIF via whatever port it connects to the web on(With port forwarding set up on your router).
    Loads of options available on every flavour of Android ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

spix wrote: »
    Interesting new phone coming out very soon.

ZTE Nubia Z5S Mini

4.7" 1280x720
    1.7ghz quad core snapdragon
    adreno 320
    16gb rom with micro sd support
    2gb ram
    7.6mm thick
    fancy IGZO screen should give good battery life

Price will be 300$/220euro or less (without vat of course)

If only this was a dual sim :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Looks like my phone was given the all clear by customs in the UK. Do they usually say if there is VAT/Tax to be paid? Or will I just have to ring in the morning?

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Looks like my phone was given the all clear by customs in the UK. Do they usually say if there is VAT/Tax to be paid? Or will I just have to ring in the morning?

That phone hasn't hit Irish customs yet according to that status, just been sorted and routed on at the DHL Leipzig hub.
    Customs won't be charged until the phone hits DHL in Shannon(Assuming a Kerry delivery and that the phone gets caught) you will get an email or a phonecall asking you to forward on an email with your payment amount(paypal confirmation or a screengrab will do)

banie01 wrote: »
    That phone hasn't hit Irish customs yet according to that status, just been sorted and routed on at the DHL Leipzig hub.
    Customs won't be charged until the phone hits DHL in Shannon(Assuming a Kerry delivery and that the phone gets caught) you will get an email or a phonecall asking you to forward on an email with your payment amount(paypal confirmation or a screengrab will do)

Getting it sent to Northern Ireland Parcel Motel so that's why I'm anxious to pay it or it won't get accepted by nightline. It says it's currently in the East Midlands UK where the customs was done.

Getting it sent to Northern Ireland Parcel Motel so that's why I'm anxious to pay it or it won't get accepted by nightline. It says it's currently in the East Midlands UK where the customs was done.

Ahhh, the screengrab you have added only has info as far as Leipzig, the customs clearance is marked alright but no mention of the UK ;)
    If it gets to Parcel Motel with duties owed they will refuse the item.
    What happens if there is VAT and/or Duty due on my item?

Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us.

Ahhh, the screengrab you have added only has info as far as Leipzig, the customs clearance is marked alright but no mention of the UK ;)
    If it gets to Parcel Motel with duties owed they will refuse the item.

Ya my bad too much zoom!! Ya I know that my question is, does it show online if there is charges to be paid? Or will I just ring them bright and early to be safe?

Ya my bad too much zoom!! Ya I know that my question is, does it show online if there is charges to be paid? Or will I just ring them bright and early to be safe?

Ring DHL and check is your best bet I'd say, but they are fairly prompt to make contact to collect any duties owed.
    The charges don't show online for DHL, just that there has been a clearance event.
    I don't know about DHL UK, but in Ireland they don't release the item for delivery anymore until the duties are paid 1st.

If the item hangs at the UK hub then the odds are that it is held for duties, if it moves I'd say it is likely that you are ok for Delivery.

Ring DHL and check is your best bet I'd say, but they are fairly prompt to make contact to collect any duties owed.
    The charges don't show online for DHL, just that there has been a clearance event.
    I don't know about DHL UK, but in Ireland they don't release the item for delivery anymore until the duties are paid 1st.

If the item hangs at the UK hub then the odds are that it is held for duties, if it moves I'd say it is likely that you are ok for Delivery.
    I'll ring in the morning so to be safe! Thanks!

• Advertisement

Vu± app controls my satellite box

Splashtop desktop app controls my pc

Droidmote + xbmc remote apps controls Android box

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement