Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi All
    Looking for advice, I have been offered a HTM A9500 for €130 "new" from a private seller in Cork. Its kinda hard to find a review of this phone, can anyone help me out with a bit of info on this phone.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

mikehn wrote: »
    Hi All
    Looking for advice, I have been offered a HTM A9500 for €130 "new" from a private seller in Cork. Its kinda hard to find a review of this phone, can anyone help me out with a bit of info on this phone.
    Thanks

A list of the spec anyway.

Seems like more phone than anything you'd get for €130 from any network here atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

Looking at buying the Neo-NOO3 or the Jiayu g4 advance.. I know that the screen on the Neo is 5.0 inch and 1080p compared to the 4.7 inch 720p of the Jiayu. I can't really find many other notable differences so I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other notable differences between these phones? Bugs or anything which I should consider as at the moment I am leaning towards the Neo thanks to rock paper scissors review.

Also I will be buying one of these phones + jiayu g3t for a family member. They're both getting delivered to the same address and I will use euexp. Just wondering will I have to pay delivery on both phones or will one delivery charge cover both if they're ordered together?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

pajor wrote: »
    A list of the spec anyway.

Seems like more phone than anything you'd get for €130 from any network here atm!

I think that might actually be a different phone to the one he is asking about.

http://www.igdsmall.com/htm-a9500-s4-i9500-smartphone-4-0-ips-hd-screen-dual-camera-android-4-2-dual-core-mtk6589-1-0ghz-256mb-ram-256mb-rom.html

If it is the one above, I would avoid it, 256mb ram would be the first problem and would be a major no-no, and the fact that it is only about 52euro NEW would be another.

Thanks Eamonnq
    That spec answers my question.
    I am going to buy a Jiayu G3 through Ebay seller based in HK with an excellent feedback. The only worry now is customs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Thanks Eamonnq
    I am going to buy a Jiayu G3 through Ebay seller based in HK with an excellent feedback. The only worry now is customs.

Its a big phone, bigger than I thought so look into it carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Is there any chance of me getting a chinese android phone that supports 4G for about €150?

Its a big phone, bigger than I thought so look into it carefully.

Does that mean, there might be one going cheap on adverts shortly??

eamonnq wrote: »
    Does that mean, there might be one going cheap on adverts shortly??

Ah not anytime soon, prob in April, I do generally love the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 watalee

Thanks Eamonnq

i don't like Jiayu G3, i had one Jiayu G3 which has designed defect in screen. you have many other chinese android smartphone to choose,why do you only think about Jiayu G3?

• Advertisement

Hi Watalee
    Ooops, I am not familiar with Chinese phones so I was going on specs,price,looks and reviews. I have looked at other brands and all seem to have some unhappy customers (including the Jiayu) but of all of them the Jiayu seemed to have the least negative feedback.
    On another note I would seem to be OK as regards customs charges as its under 150 but the VAT is another story. I have the option to have it sent by China post (free) or DHL. Im not pushed about having to wait an extra couple of weeks but which is the most likely to get hit for VAT.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

My Dad is looking for a replacement for his Galaxy Note. I had a trawl through merimobiles and came up with this http://www.merimobiles.com/note-3-star-n9000_p/meri10235.htm .

Looks the part. It is however suspiciously cheap given the specs on offer. I googled the name and sifted through all the note clones and it does appear to exist in various connotations with similar specs (aside from the 8mp front camera).

Too good to be true specs aside, there are a few other things that make me hesitant to recommend it. The main one being the fact that it looks an awful lot like a Galaxy Note, which could lead to it being seized/destroyed by customs.

From reading through this thread, I also get the impression that if you use DHL you're definitely going to get hit for VAT. Has anyone used the Yanwen ems option? Is it any less likely to get you snared for VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Simi wrote: »
    My Dad is looking for a replacement for his Galaxy Note. I had a trawl through merimobiles and came up with this http://www.merimobiles.com/note-3-star-n9000_p/meri10235.htm .

Looks the part. It is however suspiciously cheap given the specs on offer. I googled the name and sifted through all the note clones and it does appear to exist in various connotations with similar specs (aside from the 8mp front camera).

Too good to be true specs aside, there are a few other things that make me hesitant to recommend it. The main one being the fact that it looks an awful lot like a Galaxy Note, which could lead to it being seized/destroyed by customs.

From reading through this thread, I also get the impression that if you use DHL you're definitely going to get hit for VAT. Has anyone used the Yanwen ems option? Is it any less likely to get you snared for VAT?

http://www.mixeshop.com/ulefone-u9000-note3-scale-11-mtk6589-quad-core-57-inch-ips-screen-1g-ram-8g-rom-3g-wcdma-air-gesture-smartphone_p3007.html

I got that one mate.

Ordered it the 7th arrived Monday.

Just rushing out to work but very impressed with it! 1:1 Clone of it.

Touch screen very responsive same as my iPhone 5. It has air gesture control aswell.

Mine was delivered via DHL through the UK and delivered to parcel motel depot in Belfast so never went through Irish customs. Didn't get stung for anything.

I'll try review it better when I get the holidays!

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    http://www.mixeshop.com/ulefone-u9000-note3-scale-11-mtk6589-quad-core-57-inch-ips-screen-1g-ram-8g-rom-3g-wcdma-air-gesture-smartphone_p3007.html

I got that one mate.

Touch screen very responsive same as my iPhone 5. It has air gesture control aswell.

Mine was delivered via DHL through the UK and delivered to parcel motel depot in Belfast so never went through Irish customs. Didn't get stung for anything.

Screen looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Screen looks amazing!

It's pretty good alright! Was very impressed with the sharpness of it! Didn't expect it to be do good!

It's pretty good alright! Was very impressed with the sharpness of it! Didn't expect it to be do good!

Interesting I may have to look at star next time I get the urge:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ordered my Neo on the 14th, shipped on the 18th, just gotta wait now.

Holding out faint hope i will have it by the 24th as i have one coming for my son as well, Xmas father fail if it doesn't arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

hopefully you get it in time!

Holding out on my order till after Christmas, no point ordering it now as it'll probably at least be new years before it arrives anyway.
    Now to plague mixeshop for a couple of weeks looking for pretty alternatives. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

I got that one mate.

Cheers mate. That looks perfect. I'll probably advise him to get that one so. Please report back if there are any issues - dodgy Wi-Fi or dropped calls etc. Thanks! (I already told him about the bad GPS on MTK chipsets and he's not bothered about that.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

http://www.mixeshop.com/h801-mtk6589t-quad-core-50-inch-fhd-ips-screen-android-42-2gb-32gb-otg-130mp-camera-smartphone_p2953.html

Anyone any experience with this? i look the HTC one look of it, seems to have the same specs as the Neo.

Any reasons not to buy it instead?

• Advertisement

Date - Time Place Status
    18-12-2013 01:11:16 Item is announced / bpost received the information

I have had this message on the tracking of my parcel from Mixeshop, seems to be no movement at all, frustrating.

dahat wrote: »
    Date - Time Place Status
    18-12-2013 01:11:16 Item is announced / bpost received the information

I have had this message on the tracking of my parcel from Mixeshop, seems to be no movement at all, frustrating.

Phone is now "ready for transport abroad" so i am guessing 5/7 days to get here?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

dahat wrote: »
    Phone is now "ready for transport abroad" so i am guessing 5/7 days to get here?

Have you entered the tracking number with Bpost? Maybe you will get more info on where it is http://www.bpostinternational.com/en/e-shipper/track_and_trace.html

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

My cousin got a Jiayu G4 as a christmas present for his wife from Mixeshop. However it wont recognize the sim card. I'm trying to help him get it sorted.

I'm going to try a micro sim card to see if that works.

Any ideas what else I can do? Would a new rom make a difference?

It will have to be returned otherwise, or money claimed back through paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Isse the Neo 003 is €185 delivered on http://www.chinapadmall.com/neo-n003-advanced , thinking of pulling the trigger, anyone used them before? (know anywhere cheaper??)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

My cousin got a Jiayu G4 as a christmas present for his wife from Mixeshop. However it wont recognize the sim card. I'm trying to help him get it sorted.

I'm going to try a micro sim card to see if that works.

Any ideas what else I can do? Would a new rom make a difference?

It will have to be returned otherwise, or money claimed back through paypal.

Would be worthwhile trying a new rom , but you should probably check if that will invalidate your warranty before you do. Probably best to contact their support and see what they advise, if they advise you to flash a new rom they would hardly consider the warranty invalid because of that.

Check out how much it will cost to return it as well, and see what their policy is, you may find that they ask you to send it back (at your cost), they then say that it is not faulty (no fault found) and expect you to pay carriage for it to get back to you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Supercell wrote: »
    Isse the Neo 003 is €185 delivered on http://www.chinapadmall.com/neo-n003-advanced , thinking of pulling the trigger, anyone used them before? (know anywhere cheaper??)

They are a reputable company and shouldn’t be any problems.

Great phone for the price. Its only a small thing but I don’t like the silver bevel around the edge. I think the G4 looks slicker. This is just a personal preference though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Has anybody used the "EUEXP-With Battery Order" delivery option from mixeshop

Does it get through customs without charges as they claim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

wiz569 wrote: »
    Has anybody used the "EUEXP-With Battery Order" delivery option from mixeshop

Does it get through customs without charges as they claim?

Was sent to Belgium first for me, so they paid customs. Took 10 days. I was happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement