Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Supercell wrote: »
    Isse the Neo 003 is €185 delivered on http://www.chinapadmall.com/neo-n003-advanced , thinking of pulling the trigger, anyone used them before? (know anywhere cheaper??)

I bought my Neo from these guys.

Absolutely terrible company to deal with

They sent me the wrong colour after waiting 7 weeks

I wouldn't buy from them again

For any of you guys who went with the Neo n003 be sure to install Gravity box on it. Just done it today and it's a superb mod and only takes 2 minutes

Adds a whole range of new features/options to the phone and the phone is still rock solid.

Just follow this guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2554049

Tested and working 100‰ on the Neo (Stock rom)

I'm so happy I went with the Neo and not the g4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

For any of you guys who went with the Neo n003 be sure to install Gravity box on it. Just done it today and it's a superb mod and only takes 2 minutes

Adds a whole range of new features/options to the phone and the phone is still rock solid.

Just follow this guide

Cheers m8 just waiting to pull the trigger on the NEO,hate spending money on myself lol,

Are you using stock rom or custom rom m8?

wiz569 wrote: »
    Cheers m8 just waiting to pull the trigger on the NEO,hate spending money on myself lol,

Are you using stock rom or custom rom m8?

Using stock rom at the moment dated June 2013

After countless hours of using Google translate and trawling through the Chinese forums I finally managed to download the latest official rom from Neo (only released a week ago)

Also found a version of CWM that works on the Neo so I can take a backup of my current rom before I flash the new one

Gravity box is a must also

I will make a video tutorial of myself flashing the Neo over the next few days and post links to all the files in case any of you guys need it

I love my Neo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Having lost out on a nexus 4 from BA, i think it's time to revert back to the Neo.

Its 70 euro more(including the postage), hard to justify it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just follow this guide

All this stuff is what i don't want to do, i am not exactly tech savvy so trying something like this for me could result in self destruct mode i reckon!

Is it essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

After countless hours of using Google translate and trawling through the Chinese forums I finally managed to download the latest official rom from Neo (only released a week ago)

Also found a version of CWM that works on the Neo so I can take a backup of my current rom before I flash the new one

I will make a video tutorial of myself flashing the Neo over the next few days and post links to all the files in case any of you guys need it

Please do make a tutorial, would love to up grade my Neo but not to sure how to go about it, Thanks

dahat wrote: »
    All this stuff is what i don't want to do, i am not exactly tech savvy so trying something like this for me could result in self destruct mode i reckon!

Is it essential?

No mate it's not essential but it adds functionality to your phone and removes bugs etc

My Neo worked great right out of the box and luckily enough didn't have any Chinese bloatware like the jiayu G3 I bought for my mum

There are lots of custom roms on needrom.com for the NEO and for most other chinese phones tbh ;)

gripcasey wrote: »
    Please do make a tutorial, would love to up grade my Neo but not to sure how to go about it, Thanks

I will make a tutorial for sure. Just need some peace and quiet to be able to do it. I have all the files downloaded and ready to go

• Advertisement

Can any of you tell me what the GPS is like? is it as bad as some of the reviews say?

There are lots of custom roms on needrom.com for the NEO and for most other chinese phones tbh ;)

I'm not a fan of needrom as many of the roms on there are garbage and made by people who have no idea what they're doing.

I'm only Interested in official roms from Neo

RossieMan wrote: »
    Can any of you tell me what the GPS is like? is it as bad as some of the reviews say?

My GPS works perfectly

I'm not a fan of needrom as many of the roms on there are garbage and made by people who have no idea what they're doing.

Do you have anything to back that up with?
    As I usually like to try various roms but dont want to end up with a bricked phone :)

Do you have anything to back that up with?
    As I usually like to try various roms but dont want to end up with a bricked phone :)

I've read several horror stories on xda developer forums about needrom

Before you try any roms use CWM to create a full system backup and then use Titanium backup to backup your apps

Also the Neo n003 has 2 versions. I'm not talking get about premium and youth. I'm talking about the motherboards. My motherboard is V1.1_W1.1 and then there is a V2 motherboard so if your experimenting with roms make sure the rom is suited to your motherboard otherwise you could brick your phone

You can see the version of my motherboard in the screenshot below

I've read several horror stories on xda developer forums about needrom

Before you try any roms use CWM to create a full system backup and then use Titanium backup to backup your apps

Also the Neo n003 has 2 versions. I'm not talking get about premium and youth. I'm talking about the motherboards. My motherboard is V1.1_W1.1 and then there is a V2 motherboard so if your experimenting with roms make sure the rom is suited to your motherboard otherwise you could brick your phone

You can see the version of my motherboard in the screenshot below

That bit there is all I need to hear m8 cheers,been a member on there along time now

I always use CWM and titanium so I will be alright there :)

Thanks again m8

That bit there is all I need to hear m8 cheers,been a member on there along time now

I always use CWM and titanium so I will be alright there :)

Thanks again m8

I'm gonna try the official rom from Neo but if you find any good custom roms for the NEO can you post them here so I can take a look :)

What rom are you on at the moment?

For those of you thinking of buying a neo there is one of them on eBay at the moment. It's located in swords and it's brand new. Do a search on eBay and you'll find it

I havent ordered the NEO yet but on my Xperia x10 I'm using the Feralab latest rom with his kernel,

tbh I'm am wary ordering a phone from china,even though I have ordered a tablet and several satellite boxes from there over the past couple of years,

In reality I think I'm afraid of buying a lemon but you seem very happy with your NEO so I think I will just go ahead and buy it :)

I havent ordered the NEO yet but on my Xperia x10 I'm using the Feralab latest rom with his kernel,

tbh I'm am wary ordering a phone from china,even though I have ordered a tablet and several satellite boxes from there over the past couple of years,

In reality I think I'm afraid of buying a lemon but you seem very happy with your NEO so I think I will just go ahead and buy it :)

You won't be disappointed

If your ever around ballyfermot you're welcome to call in to see the Neo before you buy it

• Advertisement

For those of you thinking of buying a neo there is one of them on eBay at the moment. It's located in swords and it's brand new. Do a search on eBay and you'll find it

Is it you selling it?

Just seen that but at 250 its dearer then china, and the auction runs for another 6 days,wonder how you buy a phone from china by mistake though lol
    You won't be disappointed

If your ever around ballyfermot you're welcome to call in to see the Neo before you buy it

generous offer m8 but your recommendation is good enough :)

RossieMan wrote: »
    Is it you selling it?

No mate it's not mine

I just seen it earlier while I was looking for a spare case for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just for info I bought a thlw100 on Amazon from DracoTek. Very impressed with the phone overall but after a month or so it developed a problem with the camera. Camera wouldn't connect and showed a green screen when turned on. Contacted seller and after resetting phone and software reset I returned the phone and they replaced it no problems. Overall they were very helpful and rectified the problem as well as they really could

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on this phone? To me the specs seem okay quad core 1.3Ghz shouldnt be too bad? Does anyone have experience buying from everybuying.com?

Anyone have any idea about the customs on this? How much would it be if anything?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

kerryked wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on this phone? To me the specs seem okay quad core 1.3Ghz shouldnt be too bad? Does anyone have experience buying from everybuying.com?

Anyone have any idea about the customs on this? How much would it be if anything?

Cheers

Resolution is very low for a 5in screen. The MTK6582 processor is a newer model but slower than the MTK6589 used in most of the phones recommended here. Don't know anything about the site sorry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

2 of my friends got Note 2 knockoffs for Christmas and they think they're great, I personally haven't got a chance to take a look yet but from the specs it seems a bit too good to be true for example, it has a 5mp front facing camera and a 13mp back camera. Seems too good to be true but maybe it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

https://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/new-not-branded-5-fhd-4x1-5ghz-cpu-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-13mpx-camera-3000mah-battery/4183532

Seems to be one and the same, although he says it is 'not branded' on the adverts ad for some reason (probably to stop people googling it and pointing out the price).

OK just ordered the NEO N003 advanced from mixeshop,

The waiting begins :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ordered mine Dec 14th, still waiting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement