Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

dahat wrote: »
    Ordered mine Dec 14th, still waiting.

Hmm from mixeshop?
    What shipping did you choose?

Maybe it was too close to Christmas rush,could have got caught up in the backlog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭dahat

wiz569 wrote: »
    Hmm from mixeshop?
    What shipping did you choose?

Maybe it was too close to Christmas rush,could have got caught up in the backlog :)

Choose the EXEUP option and most likely too closh to Xmas alright, package is ready for transport in Belguim, takes 5 working days to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Choose the EXEUP option and most likely too closh to Xmas alright, package is ready for transport in Belguim, takes 5 working days to get there.

Chose the EXEUP myself,was it in processing on the mixeshop site for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What's the difference between EUEXP-No Battery Order & EUEXP-No Battery Order on Mixeshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Prekojak93

So Jiayu have a Spanish website and a shop in Valencia: http://www.jiayu.es/ and a presence in a few other EU countries http://blog.arinium.fi/2013/08/review-jiayu-g3/#where-to-buy . Just wondering though, does anyone have experience of the VAT situation when ordering from other EU countries? Thinking of going for G3T. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What's the difference between EUEXP-No Battery Order & EUEXP-No Battery Order on Mixeshop?

If you order accessories with no phone choose noBattery order, they will seek payment before shipping if postage is wrong.
    wiz569 wrote: »
    Chose the EXEUP myself,was it in processing on the mixeshop site for long?

About 3/4 days i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Get in !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Oops wrong thread

Anyone ever buy an android tv box off any of these sites? Seen this on Mixeshop looks decent . Googled it and it came up on Amazon with good reviews.

Looks very good for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I know this is a thread for phones but anyone recommend a good Chinese 7-8" tablet? I really like their specs and that they have hdmi but then I read so many reviews about poor wifi, overhearting, bad performance, no access to google play, no flash support; all seems too much trouble? Been looking at Sumvision, Ainol Novo and one or two others but so difficult to decide, and those reviews are in the back of my mind. Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'd love to get one around the €100 mark, but might be prepared to pay more.

• Advertisement

I know this is a thread for phones but anyone recommend a good Chinese 7-8" tablet? I really like their specs and that they have hdmi but then I read so many reviews about poor wifi, overhearting, bad performance, no access to google play, no flash support; all seems too much trouble? Been looking at Sumvision, Ainol Novo and one or two others but so difficult to decide, and those reviews are in the back of my mind. Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'd love to get one around the €100 mark, but might be prepared to pay more.

I'm ordering this in a few days http://www.merimobiles.com/chuwi-v88-titanium-ice-white-rk3188-quad-core-1-6-ghz-android-4-2-7-9-inch-ips-screen-1024-768-dual-camera-16gb-tablet_p/meri7834.htm

Reviews seem good.
    http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/71961-chuwi-v88-consumer-reviews/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Jaysis lads, phones please only. Tablets and TV boxes are a different animal altogether and I can barely keep track of all the phones that are being discussed, throw in tablets and TV boxes and I will be lost entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Prekojak93 wrote: »
    So Jiayu have a Spanish website and a shop in Valencia: http://www.jiayu.es/ and a presence in a few other EU countries http://blog.arinium.fi/2013/08/review-jiayu-g3/#where-to-buy . Just wondering though, does anyone have experience of the VAT situation when ordering from other EU countries? Thinking of going for G3T. Cheers.

Thanks for those links - I had a look at the German site, it is looking good. The German shop is opening today in Kassel and you can order online, shipping with Deutsche Post to Europe is 6 € (registered mail, 3 - 5working days) or 16.90 with DHL (5 - 8 days).
    Sorely tempted by the http://jiayu.de/jiayu-g3s.html.
    They also do warranty & repairs in Germany, thus cutting down on transfer times and communication delays.
    There should be no VAT/customs when shipped from Germany.

@ Rock Paper Sissors

Did the Neo come with Chrome and Play store installed? totally forgot to ask pre ordering if it had these installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Thats very expensive for a G3T, I ordered mine from this seller on aliexpress

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-stock-Free-shipping-Jiayu-G3s-G3-phone-G3T-Android-4-2-MTK6589T-1-5Ghz-QuadCore/660458043.html

Took a few weeks to arrive but it only came to €127 because I used snail mail

I never got hit with customs either

@ Rock Paper Sissors

Did the Neo come with Chrome and Play store installed? totally forgot to ask pre ordering if it had these installed.

Yes mate it came with Play Store and Chrome installed with no chinese apps

I got mine from Chinapadmall.com

If you order from a different seller you might have a different Rom than mine tho

Yes mate it came with Play Store and Chrome installed with no chinese apps

I got mine from Chinapadmall.com

If you order from a different seller you might have a different Rom than mine tho

Mine are coming from Mixeshop, bet they won't have them installed, ****e anyway.

Don't worry mate you'll be grand

If you get stuck with anything ill be here to help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

having asked Mixeshop about the Neo, they said it had play store installed. Not sure about Chrome, but you can download that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    http://www.mixeshop.com/ulefone-u9000-note3-scale-11-mtk6589-quad-core-57-inch-ips-screen-1g-ram-8g-rom-3g-wcdma-air-gesture-smartphone_p3007.html

I got that one mate.

Ordered it the 7th arrived Monday.

Just rushing out to work but very impressed with it! 1:1 Clone of it.

Touch screen very responsive same as my iPhone 5. It has air gesture control aswell.

Mine was delivered via DHL through the UK and delivered to parcel motel depot in Belfast so never went through Irish customs. Didn't get stung for anything.

I'll try review it better when I get the holidays!

Any update on the phone.... whats your impression now. Plus did it come with Play store etc installed?

• Advertisement

Don't worry mate you'll be grand

If you get stuck with anything ill be here to help
    RossieMan wrote: »
    having asked Mixeshop about the Neo, they said it had play store installed. Not sure about Chrome, but you can download that yourself.

Lovely stuff folks, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

dahat: I got mine from mixeshop and it had play and chrome already installed.
    And no bloatware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Any update on the phone.... whats your impression now. Plus did it come with Play store etc installed?

Update is, all I'd perfect besides the wifi being a bit weak.

Yup came in English, with play store installed.

Battery life is better than my iPhone 5.

Camera is good, might not be what it's advertised at though.

The cover than flips over along the side works like a dream, same as my sister samsung s4.

Put a 16gb micro sd card in and transfer most apps to it, so it had plenty space. The process speed is very good also no lag at all.

Interested in maybe getting something smaller though as it's a bit too big for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is the S9500 any good lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Update is, all I'd perfect besides the wifi being a bit weak.

Yup came in English, with play store installed.

Battery life is better than my iPhone 5.

Camera is good, might not be what it's advertised at though.

The cover than flips over along the side works like a dream, same as my sister samsung s4.

Put a 16gb micro sd card in and transfer most apps to it, so it had plenty space. The process speed is very good also no lag at all.

Interested in maybe getting something smaller though as it's a bit too big for work.

Whats up with wifi?. Is the 3G ok? Sounds very good for price...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Whats up with wifi?. Is the 3G ok? Sounds very good for price...

It's about 20% loss compared to the iPhone. Sitting in the room where the router is it only gets about 80% strength.

3G is perfect. Brilliant for the price, would defo recommend. I see other sites with similar specs that even put the Samsung logo on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

have ordered my neo today, now the wait begins. :D

Is the current ROM decent lads? or would ye recommend looking at some alternatives?
    gonna be a big step up from my current HTC desire, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Interesting101

Lads,

You think there would be any price drop on these phones in new year ..Would sites have sales ???? Not being smart but would we have to wait for Chinese New Year ???? or do they even do sales ??

Looking at Neo N003 aswell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lads,

You think there would be any price drop on these phones in new year ..Would sites have sales ???? Not being smart but would we have to wait for Chinese New Year ???? or do they even do sales ??

Looking at Neo N003 aswell
    They can't get much cheaper. Your getting serious bang for your buck, in comparison to what you would get on the high street here!

• Advertisement

Lately I've gotten it in my head that I would like a new phone, but have been dismayed at the prices of the high street and the phones on offer, thus I thought I might as well delve into the world of Chinese phones.

Only thing is that I'm completely new and haven't a foggiest as what to look for. My biggest hope is not to spend more than €160 including delivery.

So with that, any opinions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement