Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

dahat wrote: »
    Quick question re memory..

I have a Neo on 2gb ram and 32gb memory but i seem to be filling up internal memory with apps, my sd card is small (2gb,temporary) so i have moved some there.
    Is the 2gb for apps and the 32gb for media etc? Also how do i access this 32gb?

Hmm can you not move them to the 32GB partition?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

wiz569 wrote: »
    Hmm can you not move them to the 32GB partition?

How is my problem? Or can it even be done.

How is my problem? Or can it even be done.

Does the 32gb show up under storage?

That's what should show up as /sdcard if using a file manager,your physical SD card should show as ext_sdcard

Does the 32gb show up under storage?

That's what should show up as /sdcard if using a file manager,your physical SD card should show as ext_sdcard

This comes up under storage, pics below.
    Fourth pic is from Clean Master app.

Looks like clean master doesn't recognise the 32gb partition!!!

Can you try es file explorer to see if it shows there and then maybe apps2sd program might be able to move the apps :)

I hope :(

• Advertisement

Looks like clean master doesn't recognise the 32gb partition!!!

Can you try es file explorer to see if it shows there and then maybe apps2sd program might be able to move the apps :)

I hope :(

Yes but the phone itself tells me it only has 2gb internal storage from what i can see, but at the end it says that 24ish gb is availible, confused i am.

Yes but the phone itself tells me it only has 2gb internal storage from what i can see, but at the end it says that 24ish gb is availible, confused i am.

Usually in Chinese phones/tablets etc all the internal memory is just one SD card partitioned in to various sizes ,

I would really need it here in front of me to check what's happening tbh,there is also a way to make an external card appear as what the OS considers the normal sdcard,

Hopefully mine will appear soon and I can try sort it unless other members have come across this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

All in one toolbox might be an app worth using to give you a good picture of the memory and helps moving stuff too.

So is it possible the phone is only recognising memory of the card i put in as the internal + external as total memory?

So is it possible the phone is only recognising memory of the card i put in as the internal + external as total memory?

No I think its recognising its 2GB internal and your 2GB external,but its getting confused regarding the other 32GB,strange

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Is your card mounted?

Is your card mounted?

Yes but only a 2gb till i get a new one.

No I think its recognising its 2GB internal and your 2GB external,but its getting confused regarding the other 32GB,strange

Odd alright, like it isnt there tbh.

Odd alright, like it isnt there tbh.

Might be time to flash a new ROM,maybe follow what RockPaperScissors posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

Thanks to Rock Paper Scissors I have changed to Margarto Rom and installed gravity box and Neo N003 is running extremely well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

RPS, You have swayed me away from the Moto G into the shadowy world of Chinaphone... Where's a good place to buy the Neo N003, how do you know you're getting the advanced model (are all 2GB RAM models the advanced?) and is it worth paying extra to have it rooted out of the box by the seller? How do you find the camera performance?

Also, is the Jiayu S1 worth the extra?

gripcasey wrote: »
    Thanks to Rock Paper Scissors I have changed to Margarto Rom and installed gravity box and Neo N003 is running extremely well

Half afraid to try it, not exactly a tech wizard.

What benefits did it give?

Woohoo mines landed in Portlaoise :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

The 003's been the go-to Chinese phone for a while now, what's the next big thing? I fancy something new but the 003's dog ugly and a bit thick for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

dahat not exactly a techie myself. Had a few panicky moments waiting for phone to do its thing.

First thing I've notice and main item is battery life is longer.

And gravity box gives access to more user settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

rovoagho wrote: »
    The 003's been the go-to Chinese phone for a while now, what's the next big thing? I fancy something new but the 003's dog ugly and a bit thick for my liking.
    Depends on price,Oppo Find 7,Any of the new Jiayu phones look good,Meizu MX3,ZTE are doing some nice stuff. There really is alot of very good phones coming out but its all dependent on price.

It'll be interesting to see what one+ come out with.

dahat not exactly a techie myself. Had a few panicky moments waiting for phone to do its thing.

Is gravity box ok to run with the rom you installed? Likely to install that myself if i do it.

Half afraid to try it, not exactly a tech wizard.

What benefits did it give?

It will be fine m8,
    I will be doing it myself once I get the phone,the main thing is to make sure the battery is at least 75% full before starting,realistically that's the one thing that could feck it up,running out of power in the middle of it,that is :)

Memory issue..

After some self education via Google etc it seems all is ok with the memory. Once i moved a few apps to the 32gb sim the internal memory was fine. Now i have quite a few app's so 2gb RAM filled to 85-90 % quickly then needed to use Clean Master and it cleaned so to speak.The rest of the phone memory 24 ish gb i will assume can take various media if i need it. So all is sorted it seems.

Picked up a Class 6 32gb sd in Aldi for 20 euro, good price i thought. Had spotted a Class 10 32gb for 19 euro but that was in England and didn't want to wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

'Tis me again..

Gonna buy a replacement screen for my THL W200.. I remember you lads suggested the Chinese place in the Square to get it fitted. I can find a place called Fun Max? That it?

I'm based in Dún Laoghaire.

Any other suggestions welcome. Just wanna get a price on fitting it as the screen is quite expensive and I guess I'll be hit with customs..

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Memory issue..

After some self education via Google etc it seems all is ok with the memory. Once i moved a few apps to the 32gb sim the internal memory was fine. Now i have quite a few app's so 2gb RAM filled to 85-90 % quickly then needed to use Clean Master and it cleaned so to speak.The rest of the phone memory 24 ish gb i will assume can take various media if i need it. So all is sorted it seems.

Picked up a Class 6 32gb sd in Aldi for 20 euro, good price i thought. Had spotted a Class 10 32gb for 19 euro but that was in England and didn't want to wait!

When you say your 2gb Ram filled up, you do know thats what is running on the phone? you can just kill those apps and re-open them again. its basically the same as RAM in a computer, it whats runs the apps, 2gb should mean a lot will run together without any lag or slowdown, but you shouldn't be using it all the time or your battery much be running down in hours with so much background activity.

Maybe i mis understanding what you're trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

'Tis me again..

Gonna buy a replacement screen for my THL W200.. I remember you lads suggested the Chinese place in the Square to get it fitted. I can find a place called Fun Max? That it?

I'm based in Dún Laoghaire.

Any other suggestions welcome. Just wanna get a price on fitting it as the screen is quite expensive and I guess I'll be hit with customs..

Cheers.

TechRepair.ie | Computer Repairs | Laptop Repairs | Apple Repairs | Games Consol
    61 Glenageary Park
    Glenageary, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland

Tel. 085 752 4213

You could ask this guy (Ryan) , he might be able to do it for you.

RossieMan wrote: »
    When you say your 2gb Ram filled up, you do know thats what is running on the phone? you can just kill those apps and re-open them again. its basically the same as RAM in a computer, it whats runs the apps, 2gb should mean a lot will run together without any lag or slowdown, but you shouldn't be using it all the time or your battery much be running down in hours with so much background activity.

Maybe i mis understanding what you're trying to say.

It was coming up as Internal Memory nearly full,90%, so clean master did its thing so to speak.
    Like now it is fine as it says 798 RAM used 1.1GB RAM free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

eamonnq wrote: »
    TechRepair.ie | Computer Repairs | Laptop Repairs | Apple Repairs | Games Consol
    61 Glenageary Park
    Glenageary, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland

Tel. 085 752 4213

You could ask this guy (Ryan) , he might be able to do it for you.

Will do. Thanks Eamonn!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

seannash wrote: »
    Depends on price,Oppo Find 7,Any of the new Jiayu phones look good,Meizu MX3,ZTE are doing some nice stuff. There really is alot of very good phones coming out but its all dependent on price.

It'll be interesting to see what one+ come out with.

It's looking pretty drab so far tbh, unless they've planned a surprise at CES it looks like they're going for an iterative approach, which IMHO will be the last nail in their coffin. You can understand why they'd do it, the One kept them alive last year, but people don't want the One, again, they want better.

The Oppo Find 7 looks fab, but I'm seeing mid-2014 for release? That's a long way away. Sexy phone though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement