Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

Been getting this little pop up message saying "restricted access changed" then my neo n003 will drop out of coverage for a little while. Any of you lads came across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

rovoagho wrote: »
    The 003's been the go-to Chinese phone for a while now, what's the next big thing? I fancy something new but the 003's dog ugly and a bit thick for my liking.

I'm on the lookout as well. Been searching for a while and can't find what I'm after.

The must haves for me are:

Dual sim
    Snapdragon processor
    13MP camera
    3000 MAH battery (preferable removable)
    Costs less than €300

So if anyone knows something coming out that would fit the bill - let me know:)

The G4 would be perfect if only it had a snapdragon processor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Barr wrote: »
    I'm on the lookout as well. Been searching for a while and can't find what I'm after.

The must haves for me are:

Dual sim
    Snapdragon processor
    13MP camera
    3000 MAH battery (preferable removable)
    Costs less than €300

So if anyone knows something coming out that would fit the bill - let me know:)

The G4 would be perfect if only it had a snapdragon processor

Same as yourself minus the dual sim but need 32GB of internal memory or able to take a SD card. Most of the high end phones like Xiaomi Mi3 wont take a SD card and the price is also pretty close to the likes of Samsung, HTC etc. The Oppo find 7 looks a fantastic phone but is going to cost S4, One or iphone money and is just to risky for a Chinese phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Same as yourself minus the dual sim but need 32GB of internal memory or able to take a SD card. Most of the high end phones like Xiaomi Mi3 wont take a SD card and the price is also pretty close to the likes of Samsung, HTC etc. The Oppo find 7 looks a fantastic phone but is going to cost S4, One or iphone money and is just to risky for a Chinese phone.

Hopefully something like this will start to reduce in price when the 8 core ones start to make an impact in the market. Guessing that it will be 2nd half of year if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wife has just opened her new white Neo which I must says is far better looking than the black...

Needless to say I won't be messing with her phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

removed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Currently in the sorting centre since 7 this morning, hopefully will get it tomorrow.

any way to track wheres it at in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

I got a Jiayu G4 Advanced a few months back, it's the best phone I've ever had in terms of battery life and sheer performance! I used to have a HTC Sensation XE until it was stolen. I haven't charged my phone in 2 days with occasional wifi and 3g use and I still have 75% with some moderate usage. I ordered mine from eBay and it was at my house in 36 hours with DHL express. It came rooted and unlocked. I tried some custom ROMs too, there aren't as many as in comparison to HTC, but there are some solid ROMs. MIUI is very pretty, but the lack of an app-drawer really annoyed me.

All in all, great phones even on stock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

RossieMan wrote: »
    Currently in the sorting centre since 7 this morning, hopefully will get it tomorrow.

any way to track wheres it at in ireland?

An post track and trace m8

never mind just heard it was at the house, now to get home and put a nice new rom on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

never mind just heard it was at the house, now to get home and put a nice new rom on it.

What phone did you get?

Neo n003.

your tutorial should come in handy if i get stuck, have done in plenty of times so should be fairly simply.

Nice one... Don't forget to install Gravity box on your neo, it adds a load of new options to the phone

Also after using the Margarto Rom the last few days., its rock solid and increases battery life drastically

If you any problems post in the Neo thread I started, there are a few of us with the Neo now so we can help each other out of were stuck

Would love to hear if you love the phone as much as I do

Best link Gravity box into the Margato Rom thread as well maybe?

Good idea, I'll do it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

earwax_man wrote: »
    I got a Jiayu G4 Advanced a few months back, it's the best phone I've ever had in terms of battery life and sheer performance! I used to have a HTC Sensation XE until it was stolen. I haven't charged my phone in 2 days with occasional wifi and 3g use and I still have 75% with some moderate usage. I ordered mine from eBay and it was at my house in 36 hours with DHL express. It came rooted and unlocked. I tried some custom ROMs too, there aren't as many as in comparison to HTC, but there are some solid ROMs. MIUI is very pretty, but the lack of an app-drawer really annoyed me.

All in all, great phones even on stock :)
    any chance you can pm or even link the ebay seller?

aye i have all from XDA already, just waiting to get home for it.

Fecking exams in college at the moment meaning study must be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

daytob wrote: »
    any chance you can pm or even link the ebay seller?

The original listing has ended (but was relisted), but this is an official partner of theirs that I got mine from here

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hi all, just a few questions if anyone can help.

I dropped my Jiayu G3S yesterday evening and now the screen if fecked. Will not function at all.

I tried a phone repair shop here in Athlone and they said they would be able to get a screen for it. Does anyone know of anywhere that does them?

Also for some stupid and insane reason I seem to have all my contact details saved to the phone as I have zero contact details SD card when I put it into another phone. So I cant access these. Don't know how I managed this but sure anyways.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks

Your contacts would be on your sim card surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Your contacts would be on your sim card surely?

No they're not :( Dont know how I managed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

earwax_man wrote: »
    The original listing has ended (but was relisted), but this is an official partner of theirs that I got mine from here

Just wondering how you know that they are an 'official partner' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

did you have them synced to google?

Edit: if you can get USB debugging on and are connected to a PC it should be possible to retrieve the contacts that way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

BullBauld wrote: »
    No they're not :( Dont know how I managed it.
    did you have them synced to google?

Ya if it's an Android phone theree's probably a good chance that they're synced with your Google account. You can check by going into gmail on a PC browser (I'm not sure the best way to do it on a mobile). Up in the top left corner there's a drop down menu that you can click and select contacts (see attached image).

If you can see your contacts there then the next time you get an Android phone and sign into your Google account they'll sync to the new phone. If you don't want to get an Android phone you can export the contacts list and can import them into the new phone

Charging the Neo.

Using the white cable that we got with a mains adaptor the screen goes nuts on charge opening many apps etc.
    I used another USB cable I have and same result, anyone got an explanation for this? I have been using another mains charger but it down doesn't quite lock in like the supplied one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

dahat wrote: »
    Charging the Neo.

Using the white cable that we got with a mains adaptor the screen goes nuts on charge opening many apps etc.
    I used another USB cable I have and same result, anyone got an explanation for this? I have been using another mains charger but it down doesn't quite lock in like the supplied one does.

I read a post like that on this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2214528

But cannot find it again,it is 107 pages long lol

Not sure if there was any conclusion

What ROM are you using? might not go to Margita's(or whatever drink it is) if its acting up.

What ROM are you using? might not go to Margita's(or whatever drink it is) if its acting up.

Happens on the Margarto ROM and stock one. Connects to PC with same cable and no issues.
    Odd one.

wiz569 wrote: »
    I read a post like that on this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2214528

But cannot find it again,it is 107 pages long lol

Not sure if there was any conclusion

Not so keen on piling through 107 pages but I wonder if I used the Chinese plug in an adaptor would it charge fine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

dahat wrote: »
    Not so keen on piling through 107 pages but I wonder if I used the Chinese plug in an adaptor would it charge fine?

Have you tried a 'fixed' charger like a Samsung one? It's what I use with the G4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement