Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

pajor wrote: »
    Have you tried a 'fixed' charger like a Samsung one? It's what I use with the G4.

Fixed charger works but would like the supplied one to work as well if I can figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

dahat wrote: »
    Fixed charger works but would like the supplied one to work as well if I can figure it out.

Fair enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Not so keen on piling through 107 pages but I wonder if I used the Chinese plug in an adaptor would it charge fine?

I thought thats what you were doing?

Thats the way mine is and it works perfect m8

wiz569 wrote: »
    I thought thats what you were doing?

Thats the way mine is and it works perfect m8

Did you use the two pin one supplied or a 3 pin one?

Did you use the two pin one supplied or a 3 pin one?

The two pin one m8,but I do have a three pin adaptor somewhere but cannot find it at the moment lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

No problems with my neo

No problems with my neo

Me neither m8,
    but the camera at night, did really disappoint me,but as its more a problem of the flash not syncing at the same time the picture is taken,it could possibly be fixed in a software update :)

Me neither m8,
    but the camera at night, did really disappoint me,but as its more a problem of the flash not syncing at the same time the picture is taken,it could possibly be fixed in a software update :)

That is a let down alright, would be great to get it sorted as it is the only fault really.

That is a let down alright, would be great to get it sorted as it is the only fault really.

You can temporarily make it a bit better by changing the iso to 1600 :)

You can temporarily make it a bit better by changing the iso to 1600 :)

?

• Advertisement

Got it there, had night setting in so that option wasn't available.

?

lol,when in camera mode press the little cog in the bottom left corner,then click on the little camera icon on the next screen,scroll down to iso and change it to 1600 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

just picked it up, gonna take time to get used to the size. Also recieved a completely white one, when i ordered a black faced one, but thats only a minor nikle.

it does get very warm when charging. just about to put the Rom on it now, already sick of the chinese ****e on it.

I just deleted the Chinese stuff especially that Bindu app, right confusing!

ROM currently installing.

Then gravitybox and i'm all set. Very quick and responsive for my 2 minutes of use so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Hey lads, Ive a friend who has a 16gb galaxy s thats locked to 3 , its starting to get that freeze issue they have which can be fixed, she hasnt got the time with work etc would any of you be interested in swapping for a Chinese phone? Long shot I know :P

Hey lads, Ive a friend who has a 16gb galaxy s thats locked to 3 , its starting to get that freeze issue they have which can be fixed, she hasnt got the time with work etc would any of you be interested in swapping for a Chinese phone? Long shot I know :P

The original Galaxy S? As in the three year old one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

The original Galaxy S? As in the three year old one?

Oh ha sorry s3

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MichaelOBrien

Bobby_D wrote: »
    Been getting this little pop up message saying "restricted access changed" then my neo n003 will drop out of coverage for a little while. Any of you lads came across this before?

Did you have any luck sorting this issue out ? I have the same problem , I was able to stop the coverage dropping out by selecting the GSM only option in the network mode settings , only problem is that now i don't have any 3G coverage . the problem seems to be linked to the data connection because when i switch to WCDMA only ,I get the same error message every time.
    WIFI is working ok.

I installed the Margarto rom(thanks Rock paper scissors) but that didn't make any difference,
    Google told me to put some sellotape on the back of my sim card to get a better connection - that didn't help,
    I tried a different sim card and the same errors were popping up.

Any ideas how to get the data working ?

Did you have any luck sorting this issue out ? I have the same problem , I was able to stop the coverage dropping out by selecting the GSM only option in the network mode settings , only problem is that now i don't have any 3G coverage . the problem seems to be linked to the data connection because when i switch to WCDMA only ,I get the same error message every time.
    WIFI is working ok.

I installed the Margarto rom(thanks Rock paper scissors) but that didn't make any difference,
    Google told me to put some sellotape on the back of my sim card to get a better connection - that didn't help,
    I tried a different sim card and the same errors were popping up.

Any ideas how to get the data working ?

Tried to make a video call there and my phone is out of 3g coverage so same problem here or a similar problem.

• Advertisement

Tried to make a video call there and my phone is out of 3g coverage so same problem here or a similar problem.
    Not had this yet. Do you have the Sim in the proper side? As far I understand one side supports 3G, the other doesn't.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Not had this yet. Do you have the Sim in the proper side? As far I understand one side supports 3G, the other doesn't.

Which is which? Sim 1 is the one I use for my O2 plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MichaelOBrien

Sim 2 only gives an option for GSM, and SIM 1 has both GSM and WCDMA(3G) options.

Sim 2 only gives an option for GSM, and SIM 1 has both GSM and WCDMA(3G) options.

Using SIM 1 and meeting some issues, could it be an O2 problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

Smashed the screen on my neo :( The fall that broke it wasn't too bad either and I had the smart flip case on it so be careful lads

Sorry to hear that mate

You gonna get it repaired?

Sorry to hear that mate

You gonna get it repaired?

Well I bought the phone for its screen so I'd like to fix it just haven't gotten a chance to look up my options. I have a second white neo smart flip case and a second screen protector here if anyone is using their phone without them you can have them for free. After seeing how easily mine cracked I'd be doing everything I could to protect the screen if I was you guys

Bobby_D wrote: »
    Well I bought the phone for its screen so I'd like to fix it just haven't gotten a chance to look up my options. I have a second white neo smart flip case and a second screen protector here if anyone is using their phone without them you can have them for free. After seeing how easily mine cracked I'd be doing everything I could to protect the screen if I was you guys

I'll take the white smart flip top case if that's OK mate.

Let me know and I'll send you my details

Cheers

I'll take the white smart flip top case if that's OK mate.

Let me know and I'll send you my details

Cheers

Yeah no bother at all send me your address in pm I'll post them to you on Thursday when I get paid.

• Advertisement

Pm sent :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement