Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

pajor wrote: »
    One bought from a network here?

yup a p2 from meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

dahat wrote: »
    How do i know I have it turned on? Would have assumed it was automatically selected.

Settings-More-Mobile Networks-Network Mode

Then chose your O2 connection, and you will then get three options,

GSM/WCDMA (auto mode)
    WCDMA
    GSM Only

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Got there and left it at auto, seems in places in my house i get a H+ signal but in others nothing, hoping it is an 02 issue tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MichaelOBrien

I have replaced my vodafone sim with a new one as my old sim was about 5 years old , and vodafone advised me to call their tech support number , the guy i was talking to told me that it was a handset issue and I should contact Neo tech support .
    I have called 3 mobile phone repair shops and they won't/don't touch chinese android phones. has anyone contacted Neo ?

One of the repair shops told me that when the phone looses 3G connection it looks for other 3G networks and try's to connect to them and when it fails, we get the "restricted access changed" error.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

One of the repair shops told me that when the phone looses 3G connection it looks for other 3G networks and try's to connect to them and when it fails, we get the "restricted access changed" error.

But that would be normal behaviour,usually if it drops 3G connection it will auto swap to GSM until it finds a strong enough 3G signal again,this constant searching is also a big factor in battery performance.

So i switched to Vodafone today, my god what a difference in connection.

Gone from mega slow to holding 3-4 mp? steady with 2 worst, massive improvement. Signal holding steady at H, which from a quick Google is pretty good i think?

Went for PAYG 5gb for 20 euro every 30 days...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

So i switched to Vodafone today, my god what a difference in connection.

Gone from mega slow to holding 3-4 mp? steady with 2 worst, massive improvement. Signal holding steady at H, which from a quick Google is pretty good i think?

Went for PAYG 5gb for 20 euro every 30 days...

Glad it worked for you m8 :)

Does that include calls or texts m8?

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Glad it worked for you m8 :)

Does that include calls or texts m8?

Just data as I used the unofficial Vodafone app with capatcha fix for texts, feck ringing anyone sure who uses a phone for ringing people any more!

Its a pity 48 use O2's network as they have an all calls (mobile to mobile),all texts,5GB data and 60 mins to landlines for 20 euro a month :)

That is a cracking deal alright, damn 02, bloody nightmare it was, even in work 3 miles away the signal was dire.

http://www.appsapk.com/kk-launcher/

Would this interfere with the Margarto ROM we installed, looks a pretty nifty addition, looks good to me..

http://www.appsapk.com/kk-launcher/

Would this interfere with the Margarto ROM we installed, looks a pretty nifty addition, looks good to me..

No m8 would be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Just a question, I'm looking to get a dual sim phone for use alongside a UK/Irish sim in the US. I have a non contract Tmobile (US) sim as my US number - should any unlocked dual sim phone do the trick?

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I'd ordered a GPS receiver with Bluetooth before Christmas as I'd a Jiayu phone with hopeless gps.
    This arrived over the weekend
    http://dx.com/p/holux-car-gps-bluetooth-receiver-m-1000b-8840#.Ut0mX7TLeUk

The phone & Google Maps will want to default to the onboard GPS so you need a 3rd party app to give it priority
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=googoo.android.btgps&hl=en

There's a setting in the app to "enable mock locations", once that's selected Google Maps will recognise the bluetooth device as the GPS provider & everything works perfectly.
    Finds 6 to 9 satellites inside 30 sec from a cold start, instantaneous on a hot start.
    Navigation works perfectly in realtime, I'm delighted with it.

So, there's your answer for anyone who's still stuck trying Youtube fixes & updating EPO files with limited success.

I'd ordered a GPS receiver with Bluetooth before Christmas as I'd a Jiayu phone with hopeless gps.
    This arrived over the weekend
    http://dx.com/p/holux-car-gps-bluetooth-receiver-m-1000b-8840#.Ut0mX7TLeUk

The phone & Google Maps will want to default to the onboard GPS so you need a 3rd party app to give it priority
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=googoo.android.btgps&hl=en

There's a setting in the app to "enable mock locations", once that's selected Google Maps will recognise the bluetooth device as the GPS provider & everything works perfectly.
    Finds 6 to 9 satellites inside 30 sec from a cold start, instantaneous on a hot start.
    Navigation works perfectly in realtime, I'm delighted with it.

So, there's your answer for anyone who's still stuck trying Youtube fixes & updating EPO files with limited success.

Hi Shiraz , what model Jiayu do you have ?

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Barr wrote: »
    Hi Shiraz , what model Jiayu do you have ?

Jiayu G2 but I also tried it on my wife's Umi X2 with similar success.
    As long as your phone has bluetooth it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Just got my Neo N003 advanced - what a phone! Nippy, sleek and gorgeous screen.
    This thread was instrumental in selecting the make and model :).

• Advertisement

Hey guys , can you get MMS picture messages with these phones ? Just wondering as I had a dual sim Samsung a few years back and could never get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

morgana wrote: »

There is a neo thread going at the moment and it contains some tips, instructions how to get the best out of your neo

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057117822/1

Yep, just sent and received one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

What site did you use? might get one soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Lads don't forget Chinese New Year is starting soon, all the Chinese companies will stop trading for 1-2 weeks.

I spoke to Mixeshop, they won't reopen until 10th Feb

I was very lucky and got one on ebay - someone in Ireland sold 2 - I got it for 175 euro :) and within 2 days :P. As far as I know they got it from chinapadmall or something.

I was very lucky and got one on ebay - someone in Ireland sold 2 - I got it for 175 euro :) and within 2 days :P. As far as I know they got it from chinapadmall or something.

Think I bid on that one as well :D Was it a panda colour ? The only thing that put me off bidding any more was the mixed colour.

Yea it is a panda - but i've ordered a flip cover which is all black, so problem solved :P (well in a few weeks when it shows up xD

Anybody order silicone covers? Were they all clear?
    I am trying to get a hold of a black one but not sure if they come in black?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Anybody order silicone covers? Were they all clear?
    I am trying to get a hold of a black one but not sure if they come in black?

I'd suggest eBay. Got a decent one for the G4 there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement