Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

seanin4711 wrote: »
    I went with the zopo zp700 guppy in red if you don't mind!
    170$ dhl delivered from etotalk.
    Won't get much in bricks and mortar shops on high street around 120€ -130 mark.
    Not to knock your decision but just so your aware of the difference in specs between this and the Inew V3
    screen resolution of 960 * 540 pixels isn't going to look super nice on a 4.7inch screen.
    The camera is a 5mega pixel unit and the inbuilt storage is 4gigs

Now compare that to the 1080 x 720 screen and 13megapixel camera on the Inew aswell as the 16gig storage all for the same money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

seannash wrote: »
    Not to knock your decision but just so your aware of the difference in specs between this and the Inew V3
    screen resolution of 960 * 540 pixels isn't going to look super nice on a 4.7inch screen.
    The camera is a 5mega pixel unit and the inbuilt storage is 4gigs

Now compare that to the 1080 x 720 screen and 13megapixel camera on the Inew aswell as the 16gig storage all for the same money

She wanted a red one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

She wanted a red one
    Ah I see

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

The xiamu red rice is a decent phone for the money if red is a must

Barr wrote: »
    The xiamu red rice is a decent phone for the money if red is a must

That's my choice for myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

whats the best 4g phone from china at the moment. looking to get one, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

daytob wrote: »
    whats the best 4g phone from china at the moment. looking to get one, thanks in advance

You won't find much Chinese phones with 4G/LTE support at the moment.

Mediatek (the company who's chipsets most Chinese phones use) just showed off their first 4G/LTE compatible chipset at CES 2014, will probably take a few months to show in new phones.

4G hasn't been rolled out in China yet so there has been no great demand for these chips yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

banie01 wrote: »
    That phone hasn't hit Irish customs yet according to that status, just been sorted and routed on at the DHL Leipzig hub.
    Customs won't be charged until the phone hits DHL in Shannon(Assuming a Kerry delivery and that the phone gets caught) you will get an email or a phonecall asking you to forward on an email with your payment amount(paypal confirmation or a screengrab will do)

Ah, this thread is giving me nostalgia to when those Leipzig guys sent me a parcel that raced all the way here... then sat still in Cork airport for an age, since they'd truncated the address so much they'd no idea where it was going beyond "Cork", and had lost the contact number, too. (Maybe notice that *before* it goes on the airplane, next time...?) Not to mention of East Midlands. What a strange not much of an airport, near noplace in particular, not especially transport-connected to anything. (Parcel in that instance being... me, sadly.

But I digress! (How) did this all get resolved? Well, I hope? Am curious because I'm wondering both about the likes of ChinaVasion as sellers, and about the logistics of Parcel Motel as an intermediary.

Anyone get KitKat on mtk6589 phones?
    If so where and how?
    Thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I'm having an odd issue with my Neo N003. The max. battery charge seems to be decreasing, i.e. the battery doesn't fully charge. In hindsight, it charged to 100 % only a few times, it now doesn't go past 91 %.
    I sincerely hope its just a matter of getting a new battery, btw has anybody got a spare lying around I could buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Try calibrate the battery. There is a post showing how on the XDA thread linked in the tutorial thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

It is probably fully charging, but because the phone is guessing how much power is in the battery, and how fast it is consuming power, after a while is gets a little screwed up and needs to be calibrated. The battery automatically stops charging when it is full to stop overcharging. The phone will also shut down just before the battery is depleted, to leave a little charge left to extend the life of the battery, as fully depleting the battery damages it. Generally, you should not let the battery discharge to less than 15%, but when you have a calibration issue such as yours we can make an exception. So, this time discharge the battery until it powers off (stick on a long YouTube video on full brightness to speed this along), then plug in the phone and charge it without powering it on. Leave it to charge for three to four hours (from the mains, not through a computer). Then you should be sorted, your battery percentage should be more accurate. Over the course of a few years, the battery will not be as capable even if you don't use the phone, so in the long run it a fight we all loose. By the way, if you store a battery, leave it at about 50%. There is a reason the thing is only half charged when it is just out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Thanks baked noodle for this. I will try this tomorrow. The phone is still new, I have used it just about 10 days but when I got it the battery was discharged totally. OFc I charged it while using it (being impatient and wanting to try my new toy). Generally I am happy with the battery life, I get about 1 day 12 hours with moderate use (that brings it down to about 15 - 20 %). I am still settling in with the phone, so I am using it more :P fiddling around with it. I got one of those calibration apps, so i hold off using it until I've done what you recommended.
    Does the green notification light only come on when the battery is fully charged or when the charge goes over 90%? And now the charge indicator at least doesn't seem to go above 90% so its progressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

That looks very nice, specs for the money are very good.

I'm guessing they are closed for the new year too though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    That looks very nice, specs for the money are very good.

I'm guessing they are closed for the new year too though?

Yeh until next week ill be keeping my eye on it as I want it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I'm waiting with bated breath for more info or photo leaks of the Oppo Find 7. It looks like a corker of a phone, supposedly available at the end of Feb for around €400. HTC might finally lose me unless the rumours about the new flagship have been completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

morgana wrote: »
    Does the green notification light only come on when the battery is fully charged or when the charge goes over 90%? And now the charge indicator at least doesn't seem to go above 90% so its progressive.

I don't know about your phone, but my notification LED doesn't give me any information about my charge, only texts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

morgana wrote: »

Only when it goes over 90%,then it takes ages to get to 100%,but the phone will then beep to notify you its fully charged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

brimal wrote: »
    Yea the battery on the V3 is a real shame.. for a power user it might be a deal-breaker

You can however purchase a second battery, or change to a better ROM (there is a fast growing developer community for the V3)

There appears to be serious power drain issues even in standby... hopefully a firmware fix is near..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Hi guys. Thinking about getting the mlais mx69 pro or the zopo zp 998. Both look pretty impressive. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions or experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I think that W450 looks good for the price plus Hong Kong Geek will pay customs if stung.
    Ooo, I hadn't heard of that. Sounds very dodgy -- literally, tax-dodgy! -- but certainly takes the uncertainty of the buying process.
    The Ceros Motion had good reviews online but I'm just unsure how I would handle a 7 inch phone/tablet as my daily device. It's not exactly pocket sized. I don't make calls very often so that wouldn't be the issue, just the having it on my person at all times.
    I'm particularly curious about/interested in this one, myself. I don't think I have a lot of 7-inch-phone-sized shirt pockets either, but I reckon that 99.99% of the time it'll happily be in a jacket, a bag, on my bike, or indeed just sitting on a table. Having toyed with a Hudl recently, this seems like another option for a somewhat similarly specced tablet -- just shelling out a little extra for the added phone functionality. And with no local tech support or returns option in either case. :) But the predominant trend seems to be towards keeping your devices separate rather than "converged" -- indeed, constantly devising new formfactors that you need as well as all the old ones -- d'oh. So maybe that's wrongheaded thinking.

Anyone tried this phone? Or heard anything juicy through the grapevine?

Right lads no one is helping me in the Android forum as im looking at 2 tablets, are any of you decent with specs? The 2 I want are

http://www.merimobiles.com/teclast-p11hd-16gb-tablet-pc_p/meri8411.htm

http://www.merimobiles.com/ramos-i9-intel-z2580-8-9-inch-tablet_p/meri8115.htm

Im leaning towards the Ramos as it has a Intel processor but what do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Right lads no one is helping me in the Android forum as im looking at 2 tablets, are any of you decent with specs? The 2 I want are

http://www.merimobiles.com/teclast-p11hd-16gb-tablet-pc_p/meri8411.htm

http://www.merimobiles.com/ramos-i9-intel-z2580-8-9-inch-tablet_p/meri8115.htm

Im leaning towards the Ramos as it has a Intel processor but what do you guys think?

I got 2 of these tablets earlier this month. Can't fault them at all . 2gb Ram 16 Gb built in memory . Screen is great.

Decent enough community over here

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I got 2 of these tablets earlier this month. Can't fault them at all . 2gb Ram 16 Gb built in memory . Screen is great.

Decent enough community over here

How are they for streaming etc, ill be replacing a laptop with on of these so thats why the Intel tablet has my interest peaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

How are they for streaming etc, ill be replacing a laptop with on of these so thats why the Intel tablet has my interest peaked.

That tablet (Chuwi v88) is considered the best 8 inch tablet out there at the moment. Great reviews everywhere. Not sure about streaming though.

The only other tablet on the same level as the v88 is the FNF iFive mini3. Gorgeous looking tablet, great specs and great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Streaming football ? Haven't tried it yet.

Netflix & Showbox work great though.

For €130ish it's brilliant.

brimal wrote: »
    That tablet (Chuwi v88) is considered the best 8 inch tablet out there at the moment. Great reviews everywhere. Not sure about streaming though.

The only other tablet on the same level as the v88 is the FNF iFive mini3. Gorgeous looking tablet, great specs and great reviews.
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Streaming football ? Haven't tried it yet.

Netflix & Showbox work great though.

For €130ish it's brilliant.

Thanks guys im looking at a larger screen than 8, but I assume the specs will be similar so im happy with the reviews :)

I went with the zopo zp700 guppy in red if you don't mind!
    170$ dhl delivered from etotalk.
    Won't get much in bricks and mortar shops on high street around 120€ -130 mark.

missus is delighted,its pink and the etotalk rom is schnappy enough so no issues,slightly small battery compared to my lenovo a830(super phone)
    nice screen etc etc.
    all in good wan and no extras to pay from etotalk,ordered Saturday delivered Thursday lunchtime from PRC.
    that's good service!
    they will get me business again.

• Advertisement

missus is delighted,its pink and the etotalk rom is schnappy enough so no issues,slightly small battery compared to my lenovo a830(super phone)
    nice screen etc etc.
    all in good wan and no extras to pay from etotalk,ordered Saturday delivered Thursday lunchtime from PRC.
    that's good service!
    they will get me business again.

Looking at a Zopo octo core on etotalk would you def recommend them? Whats the etotalk rom like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement