Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

aaronm13 wrote: »
    That's a pity. Seems to be the problem with these Chinese phone, a lot of them tick all the right boxes except for one thing, still the reason I'm looking. From what I've seen but could be wrong is that you will struggle to find qualcom phone with dual sims as they all nearly seem to be mediatek, that Lenovo is the first qualcom I remember seeing like that. It's not a feature I need so maybe wasn't taking notice.

You are right , qualcom with dual sim are few and far between. The K910 ticks so many boxes except on the price.

I might wait another few months and see whats in the pipeline.Maybe the K910 might fall in price when kitkat /octocore become more prevalent. Heres hoping anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Ok brains,

Got a Chinese android running 4.3.1.
    Can't access google play store as a message keeps popping up 'unfortunately Google play store has stopped'.
    I've tried the usual suspects as in Apps - clearing the cache, force stopping & rebooting google play store etc.. but with no joy.
    Anyone come across this with a successful resolution ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Ok brains,

Got a Chinese android running 4.2.1.
    Can't access google play store as a message keeps popping up 'unfortunately Google play store has stopped'.
    I've tried the usual suspects as in Apps - clearing the cache, force stopping & rebooting google play store etc.. but with no joy.
    Anyone come across this with a successful resolution ?

Cheers
    Are your email accounts and facebook account syncing on the phone.If not try changing the date if its wrong. Happens me a few times and it sorts it out

seannash wrote: »
    Are your email accounts and facebook account syncing on the phone.If not try changing the date if its wrong. Happens me a few times and it sorts it out

Cheers for reply,

Not on bookface .. but my email (gmail) is showing synch error ??
    Says on bottom of the page 'sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly'.

That shortly is going on since 10 this morning :(

Ok just got it to synch but still no playstore ...

• Advertisement

Ok just noticed my phone is using version 3.10.10 (google play store version) and my missus phone (older than mine) is running a newer version 4.5.10 ( google play store) . her android version is 4.2.2 Mine is 4.3.1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

are you on Wifi?
    If so hit the WPS button on your router and then on your wifi settings

On wifi now, tried to do it over 3G earlier and also on a my-fi dongle with same result ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    For sub 100 euro delivered you won't exactly get a great phone. Chinese Phones are like everything else, you get what you pay for as such. If you save another bit and even get your budget to 150-170 you'll pick up a good phone with decent specs.

Websites to buy off of:
    Good sites to buy a phone off of? If you look through this thread you'll see a lot including myself have bought off a vast range of sites here a few:

http://www.merimobiles.com/

http://mixeshop.com/

http://www.aliexpress.com/activities/cell-phones/

Even Ebay and Amazon have chinese sellers.

Delivery:
    You usually have a choice of delivery when buying. DHL, EMS, EUEXP ( Think this pays customs before??) Hong Kong Post.

I've only ever used DHL and generally gets delivered 4/5 days after dispatch.

Not been hit by customs yet but i think that's just luck of the draw as a lot do get hit.

Background Reading:
    Good forums/sites I find to look at are:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

http://www.gizbeat.com/

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/index.php

Your Budget:
    For your budget I'd be looking at something like this:

http://www.mixeshop.com/star-n9700-mtk6582-quad-core-50-inch-android-42-1gb-4gb-3g-otg-gps-smartphone_p3405.html

82 euro plus delivery which is:

Post Register Mail €11.40 Total €94.35
    DHL €21.20 Total€104.15
    EUEXP1 €33.01 Total €115.96
    EMS €29.66 Total €112.61
    UPS Rates €32.19 Total €115.14

But i'd still recommend saving up and looking for something with better screen resolution, 2gb ram, etc.

Best of luck!

Ordered a830 off merimobiles,under declared value,alarm bells ringing in customs caught for 35€ . took shine off deal. Wouldn't order again off them.
    As described etotalk seemless transaction .
    Less than 4 business days from China to Galway dhl and no extra charges.
    100% using them again.
    Johnny

seannash wrote: »
    are you on Wifi?
    If so hit the WPS button on your router and then on your wifi settings

Just saw the post above this so thought I'd clarify..
    I paid €200 for this HDC Note 3 vitas so its not a cheapy, have bought from the supplier before with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Arghhhhhhhhhh the strip that covers the front camera/speaker broke off my Jiayu G3ST doubt ill get a replacement :(resell value shot to bits!

Arghhhhhhhhhh the strip that covers the front camera/speaker broke off my Jiayu G3ST doubt ill get a replacement :(resell value shot to bits!

Mates GPS connection broke on his J4 last week. Same situation as you now ...

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Mates GPS connection broke on his J4 last week. Same situation as you now ...

He could sell that quicker than mine though, I dont use GPS he wanna swap :p lol

If i don't sort mine I'll be lookin again !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Sure they are very cheap new now, you might get 50 euro for it on adverts though!! Will keep an eye out :P

eamonnq wrote: »
    Sure they are very cheap new now, you might get 50 euro for it on adverts though!! Will keep an eye out :P

We'll see ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭BullBauld

So the Jiayu G4 Turbo or the Neo 003?

Which should it be?

I presume It will only take a few days delivery from Germany for the Jiayu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Just pulled trhe trigger on the g4t on mixeshop so here hoping they get the finger out when they come back holidays!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

BullBauld wrote: »
    So the Jiayu G4 Turbo or the Neo 003?

Which should it be?

I presume It will only take a few days delivery from Germany for the Jiayu.

They are both very similar. Personally I don’t like the physical look of the NEO. The silver strip looks a bit old skool and it seems a bit bulky. The G4 has a slightly smaller screen with less resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

That strip and the strip at the bottom of my g3t fell off too! Devastating :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

In a straight shoot out between all the sites mentioned, if they offer the same phone for the same price, which is the easiest, smoothest, most trustworthy to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Did anyone here buy the Star N9700?

http://www.mixeshop.com/star-n9700-mtk6582-quad-core-50-inch-android-42-1gb-4gb-3g-otg-gps-smartphone_p3405.html

Is it any good? I wanted a phone thats decent enough but under 100 as the funds are tight.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Anyone buy from buyincoins? Seems like good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

brimal wrote: »
    Well the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 has a 3.8 inch screen, the iNew V3 has a 5 inch screen.

This would be a significant increase in size, and might be uncomfortable/inconvenient for your mother's hands

Having said that, the iNew V3 is fantastic phone for the price, and is one of the most popular phones in the last month or two (sold out on Mixeshop)

Went into 2 shops today and they didnt have the v3. My wife cousin said she never heard of this phone so may be not that popular. I will check out couple more places tomorrow and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

dedaw wrote: »
    In a straight shoot out between all the sites mentioned, if they offer the same phone for the same price, which is the easiest, smoothest, most trustworthy to deal with?

I think a general consensus would be for mixeshop.

Though there are others too, where people have had no customs issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Yes I was looking at that thl and the other new model t200 which is just a bigger screen. I have the w100 which is good for the price.

But the 3g on these new phones only works on 850/2100 band. Do we not use 900 here as well??

Oh wait I think I'm just confused with 2g. Should be no problem with the 3g band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I have the W200, can confirm it works fine for 3G here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Went into 2 shops today and they didnt have the v3. My wife cousin said she never heard of this phone so may be not that popular. I will check out couple more places tomorrow and see.

You won't get the v3 in any shops in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

The phones being discussed on this thread are generally not available in the shops here, they are usually purchased on the web from China.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement