Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

eamonnq wrote: »
    The phones being discussed on this thread are generally not available in the shops here, they are usually purchased on the web from China.

Ha ha!! Yeah I know, I am in China at the moment!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Ha ha!! Yeah I know, I am in China at the moment!.

Group buy :D would you mind coming back with a suitcase full of neo003’s

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Barr wrote: »
    Group buy :D would you mind coming back with a suitcase full of neo003’s

Ha yeah one for everyone in this thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

That strip and the strip at the bottom of my g3t fell off too! Devastating :(

Head melt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Yes I was looking at that thl and the other new model t200 which is just a bigger screen. I have the w100 which is good for the price. QUOTE]

Gorilla III glass
    Octocores
    Latest MTK chip
    13 MP front camera
    Sexy looking

Very tempted by the T100S , great spec for €223.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

does no one else think its ugly as hell? looks very plastic.

Specs are ridiculous for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Looks almost identical to the Mi3 and the Lumia from what I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What's up with Mixeshop exchange rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Barr wrote: »
    Yes I was looking at that thl and the other new model t200 which is just a bigger screen. I have the w100 which is good for the price. QUOTE]

Gorilla III glass
    Octocores
    Latest MTK chip
    13 MP front camera
    Sexy looking

Very tempted by the T100S , great spec for €223.

If it doesn't land in Ireland (including carriage and vat) for less than 200 it is not deemed worthy of my consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Would it be better to buy from Mixeshop or FocalPrice? Cost of the item is roughly the same. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

eamonnq wrote: »
    If it doesn't land in Ireland (including carriage and vat) for less than 200 it is not deemed worthy of my consideration.

You mean, your wallet is not deemed worthy of the phone in question. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

brimal wrote: »
    Lads is Mixeshop the only company that offers the EUEXP shipping (ie: No customs fees)?

I've used Dracotek a couple of times.
    Fast delivery, online DHL tracking, no surprises.
    Don't know how they compare on price, as I didn't know of the other recommendations at the time.
    http://www.dracotek.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My Jiayu G4 no longer wants to charge. I think it must be the connection at the base of the phone. I used to have to leave the phone sitting in a certain position for it to start charging, now zip is happening.
    I've used the lead on similar and it's fine, not sure should I try sending it back to Mixeshop or just get someone here to have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What's up with Mixeshop exchange rate?
    I think everyone who has bought off them has left it on dollars and let PayPal or credit card do the exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Anybody here that ordered off mixes hop care to enlightin me on how long for delivery with exeu delivery????

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I ordered on 14th Dec and took delivery on New Years eve so the 7-12 days is pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Redriddick wrote: »
    Anybody here that ordered off mixes hop care to enlightin me on how long for delivery with exeu delivery????

Mine took 10 days.

mine took 8 working days i believe, great service to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

HELP PLEASE :( I broke the glass on my NEO N003, the digitizer or touch panel whatever its called is fine its working grand but the screen is smashed, Can anyone tell me where or if its possible to get a replacement I cant find on anywhere? Dont want to buy a new phone just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Bobby_D wrote: »
    HELP PLEASE :( I broke the glass on my NEO N003, the digitizer or touch panel whatever its called is fine its working grand but the screen is smashed, Can anyone tell me where or if its possible to get a replacement I cant find on anywhere? Dont want to buy a new phone just yet

Here is a link m8 but its half the price of the phone :(

http://www.chinapadmall.com/neo-n003-screen

Might be better contacting where you bought it as they might do you a better price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

I found that one but my thinking was that this was the glass plus the screen itself or digitizer I don't know what they're called but i'd be paying for something I don't need anyway. At that money I think i'll just put up with it for the time being and get a good octo-core once the creases are all ironed out. Thaks a bunch anyway :)

Bobby_D wrote: »
    I found that one but my thinking was that this was the glass plus the screen itself or digitizer I don't know what they're called but i'd be paying for something I don't need anyway. At that money I think i'll just put up with it for the time being and get a good octo-core once the creases are all ironed out. Thaks a bunch anyway :)

Although it might be that yours broke separately I would say its a one piece fitting tbh m8,its the worst part of using Chinese phones,very hard to get reasonable priced parts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    My Jiayu G4 no longer wants to charge. I think it must be the connection at the base of the phone. I used to have to leave the phone sitting in a certain position for it to start charging, now zip is happening.
    I've used the lead on similar and it's fine, not sure should I try sending it back to Mixeshop or just get someone here to have a look at it.

I lie, I've found that if I balance the phone over the edge of a table and have a weight at the base while it's charging, it just about gets power into it.

Yeah, I'm going to need to get someone to look at the connection me thinks. Looked up shipping back to Mixeshop via DHL, quoted 70euro...steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blee23

Anybody got a Hdc Galaxy Vitas the or similar, was looking for some feedback please, coverage, internet speeds, GPS etc. And what's the leatherette the backing like

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I have an unbranded octo-core galaxy note 3 clone. Runs well so far - although I can't connect to 3g in the USA unfortunately. I'm curious, how would I go about updating/flashing to a kit kat rom? As it's a dual sim phone, and it doesn't have any branding, would that make things difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

Hi all , I was just wondering is there a way to connect the NEO 003 or G4 to a HDMI connection on the tv?

It would be great to have the likes of Netflix , RTE player running on the phone and watch it on the TV

vard wrote: »
    I have an unbranded octo-core galaxy note 3 clone. Runs well so far - although I can't connect to 3g in the USA unfortunately. I'm curious, how would I go about updating/flashing to a kit kat rom? As it's a dual sim phone, and it doesn't have any branding, would that make things difficult?

you'd have to have some idea of what the phone actually is to get the right files for flashing.

Have a look in Settings ----> about phone and see can you get any idea what it is.

highly doubt there is kitkat for it too, very little being done with it on chinese phones currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

golfdiva wrote: »
    Hi all , I was just wondering is there a way to connect the NEO 003 or G4 to a HDMI connection on the tv?

It would be great to have the likes of Netflix , RTE player running on the phone and watch it on the TV

Mhl adaptor....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dunno if MHL will be in many of these phones will it? I think they'd be shouting about it in the ads if it was, ould be wrong though havent looked in a few months.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I dunno if MHL will be in many of these phones will it? I think they'd be shouting about it in the ads if it was, ould be wrong though havent looked in a few months.

The NEO 003 supports MHL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement