Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

According to this my G3 supports it:

http://www.morecellphone.com/compare/phones/jiayu-jy-g3-vs-meizu-mx/220570

Ill order an adaptor for a proper test, MHL a lot more common than I thought now that I look, thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Looks like the Neo 003 supports MHL according to this seller ( on a side note he offers a good few free gifts if you buy with his site)

http://www.to2c.com/neo-n003-2g-32g-smart-phone-mtk6589t-quad-core-1-5ghz-13mp-camera-5-0inch-ips-hd-ogs-screen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

wiz569 wrote: »
    The NEO 003 supports MHL

Any one you can recommend? still haven't gotten myself one though have 3 OTG cables!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

dahat wrote: »
    Any one you can recommend? still haven't gotten myself one though have 3 OTG cables!

http://www.ttmalls.com/neo-n003-mhl-cable_p1426.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Micro-USB-MHL-to-HDMI-Male-Adapter-Cable-HDTV-Adapter-4M-With-USB-Charger-for/1221836840.html

http://neomobile.es/gb/cables/34-cable-hdmi.html

Cannot recommend any of them but they do state they work with the NEO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

It looks like the Neo003 has dual sim capability. Can calls come in on the second sim if the first one is on a call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

It looks like the Neo003 has dual sim capability. Can calls come in on the second sim if the first one is on a call?

Its dual standby so if a second call comes in ,the other sim goes to voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Same as my acer liquid. The search goes on....

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone have any experience returning a phone to Merimobile, the camera in my W200 seems to have stopped working the last few days and as far as I can see it seems to be a fairly common fault with the model. Rather annoyed as the phone works perfectly in every other aspect and I very rarely take photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm in a similar situation as yourself ZeitgeistGlee, I'm looking into returning my Jiayu as the connection for the charger is iffy at best.
    I've mailed them and they said:
    maybe the connector on the charger of the phone get problem
    but you can use the battery charger to charge it
    because if you send back to repair , it will also take a long time , ok ?

I told them it isn't a problem with the adaptor or lead as I've tried them on other phones and they are fine. They haven't got back to me.

Word of Warning though, from what I can see, if we send it back, we have to pay for shipping costs. I looked up mine and it came to 70euro, highly thinking of visiting a repair shop here tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation as yourself ZeitgeistGlee, I'm looking into returning my Jiayu as the connection for the charger is iffy at best.

I told them it isn't a problem with the adaptor or lead as I've tried them on other phones and they are fine. They haven't got back to me.

Word of Warning though, from what I can see, if we send it back, we have to pay for shipping costs. I looked up mine and it came to 70euro, highly thinking of visiting a repair shop here tbh.

Seems like a sound option. Wouldn't cost anywhere near as much just to get a new sub port in

EDIT: That said, I got the charger port swapped out of my laptop a few months back and it cost me €120 with Limerick Computers. They said it would have to be stripped down to the motherboard which is why it was so expensive. Whether this has any baring on the cost of a mobile repair, I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

As much as I like my Jiayu I wont be getting another, the body work is just shoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Aye, realistically if that's the kind of money it's going to cost I'd as happily try to fix it myself using the method online.

As much as I like my Jiayu I wont be getting another, the body work is just shoddy.

Other than the issue with the charge, I'm happy enough with mine tbh. The back cover is a bit light but I've the flip case attached to it so it's a bit better.
    I like how responsive it is. Picked up the Mother's Samsung Trend the other day...Jesus..it was fcukin useless by comparison to me aul jiayu!

Other than the issue with the charge, I'm happy enough with mine tbh. The back cover is a bit light but I've the flip case attached to it so it's a bit better.
    I like how responsive it is. Picked up the Mother's Samsung Trend the other day...Jesus..it was fcukin useless by comparison to me aul jiayu!

Ill be ordering the LG next month, my resale value for the Jiayu is ****ed :(

Why, is it damaged or wa?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.adverts.ie/samsung/s-3-perfect-condition-flappy-birds/4806644

Is this a bargain or what??!!

The amount of phones for sale on adverts for inflated prices because Flappy Birds in installed is amazing!!

My A830 with Flappy Birds must be work at least 5K !!

Put Flappy Bird on it and you should get at least 2000 for it!!

http://www.adverts.ie/games/flappy-bird/4806645

http://www.adverts.ie/htc/htc-1-with-flappy-birds/4805887

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

@tallaghtmick, what jiayu do you have? was looking to get the advanced g4

Why, is it damaged or wa?!

Yeh the strip at the top fell off ill try get a pic later.
    daytob wrote: »
    @tallaghtmick, what jiayu do you have? was looking to get the advanced g4

G3ST great phone but the bodywork is shoddy.

• Advertisement

Is it going up on adverts anytime soon ?

Need a cheap as chip second phone and am tempted to get this.

http://www.merimobiles.com/mlais-mx28-5inch-smartphone_p/meri8465.htm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

@tallghtmick
    phew thanks. Anyone on here with the g4 advanced having similar issues?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is it going up on adverts anytime soon ?

Need a cheap as chip second phone and am tempted to get this.

http://www.merimobiles.com/mlais-mx28-5inch-smartphone_p/meri8465.htm :cool:

yeh gonna try get as much as I can.....ill put flappy birds on it too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Those people with Flappy birds looking for big money are obviously taking the mick.. They can't be serious and what bird brain would pay their inflated prices lol.

mondeo wrote: »
    Those people with Flappy birds looking for big money are obviously taking the mick.. They can't be serious and what bird brain would pay their inflated prices lol.

Women!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I have to say my G2S is very robust. In comparison my friends G3 is very light and appears brittle.
    I wouldnt think its a fair reflection to say the bodywork on Jiayu's is shoddy. Your model in particular is flimsy but not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My G3 has taken some heavy knocks that would have easily killed my previous phones and all it has is a couple of dings, Ive dropped it off my bike a few times and had it bounce down the road at 30 kph, dropped it from the top floor of a Dublin Bus, dropped it in a foot of saltwater during the Bray floods, still going strong. The Gorilla glass has held up incredibly well, every time I think its finally scratched I wipe it with a microfibre cloth and its perfect again.

Thinking about moving to a phablet soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Hi lads could anybody please help me,
    I'm looking for my first Android making the switch from an iPhone 3.

I want a 4G with at least 2GB RAM and a quad core processor, looking to spend €200.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?
    Are these phones all genuine products that will work here and are unlocked?

Hi lads could anybody please help me,
    I'm looking for my first Android making the switch from an iPhone 3.

I want a 4G with at least 2GB RAM and a quad core processor, looking to spend €200.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?
    Are these phones all genuine products that will work here and are unlocked?

Go back a few pages theres a decent LG on merimobiles.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement