Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Go back a few pages theres a decent LG on merimobiles.

http://www.merimobiles.com/lg-f180-32gb-version-smartphone_p/meri8009.htm

Would that be the one?

Will this be factory sealed/unlocked and come with Chinese language/apps?

Anybody have personal experience/advice if ordering with Merimobile, I have read some horror reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

@TallaghtMick...by any slim chance...
    Did you ask them a question about that phone?! In the reviews there's a Mick from Ireland asking about the 3G...and ummm...I'm playing Sherlock!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Panthro wrote: »
    @TallaghtMick...by any slim chance...
    Did you ask them a question about that phone?! In the reviews there's a Mick from Ireland asking about the 3G...and ummm...I'm playing Sherlock!:D

Yup thats me ha, I never asked about 3G just asked any issues for Ireland but hey im famous :D

http://www.merimobiles.com/lg-f180-32gb-version-smartphone_p/meri8009.htm

Would that be the one?

Will this be factory sealed/unlocked and come with Chinese language/apps?

Anybody have personal experience/advice if ordering with Merimobile, I have read some horror reviews.

Get the root on it, it will be boxed and sealed, use DHL, merimobiles are good but slow to process.

Get the root on it, it will be boxed and sealed, use DHL, merimobiles are good but slow to process.

I am new to "rooting" is is basically the Android equivalent to 'jailbreaking'?

Will this phone update legit with Android or will it come with custom firmware of some sort. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew here. I wish to buy the phone you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yup thats me ha, I never asked about 3G just asked any issues for Ireland but hey im famous :D

I knew it!:D
    Cna't answer for Merimobiles but when I ordered my phone from Mixeshop I asked them to root it for me, and they did, so maybe put it in as a note when you are ordering if you can.

I am new to "rooting" is is basically the Android equivalent to 'jailbreaking'?

Will this phone update legit with Android or will it come with custom firmware of some sort. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew here. I wish to buy the phone you posted.

Yeh its a normal process you need to ad the option before you buy.

Panthro wrote: »
    I knew it!:D
    Cna't answer for Merimobiles but when I ordered my phone from Mixeshop I asked them to root it for me, and they did, so maybe put it in as a note when you are ordering if you can.

With merimobiles you click a box and pay like 3 euro.

Thank you for the replies.

1 more stupid question and then I'm off to bed.

Is the LG Mick posted a genuine LG phone or a clone/knock-off?
    I'm also trying to understand what would happen if customs was to suss it.

Thank you for the replies.

1 more stupid question and then I'm off to bed.

Is the LG Mick posted a genuine LG phone or a clone/knock-off?
    I'm also trying to understand what would happen if customs was to suss it.

Its genuine, they dont sell clones of any brand, customs will prob charge 20 euro or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

customs will prob charge 20 euro or something.

Customs will charge 23% vat on it plus a handling charge (so allow 50-60) if they ask you to provide copy of payment details.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Customs will charge 23% vat on it plus a handling charge (so allow 50-60) if they ask you to provide copy of payment details.

Hence why I get merimobiles to note it at 100 euro :pac:

Hence why I get merimobiles to note it at 100 euro :pac:

Aye, you can do that alright, but customs tend to now look for a copy of the payment ( a paypal receipt ) for it rather than the value declared by the sender.

If you are lucky of course they won't look for anything, but I tend to expect to pay the full amount and if you get away with anything less it is a bonus.

Aye, you can do that alright, but customs tend to now look for a copy of the payment ( a paypal receipt ) for it rather than the value declared by the sender.

If you are lucky of course they won't look for anything, but I tend to expect to pay the full amount and if you get away with anything less it is a bonus.

Most ive paid is 24 euro :)

Consider yourself lucky so and pray that it keeps up!!

I think they must have me on a 'watch list' or something!!

Consider yourself lucky so and pray that it keeps up!!

I think they must have me on a 'watch list' or something!!

Try my trick labelling it as a mp3 or cheaper item.

Maybe I should just address it to 'Mick, Tallaght' ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

I nearly always get caught as well,and I live in Tallaght,so its not area dependant lol

Maybe I should just address it to 'Mick, Tallaght' ??

Ill be keeping it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Novice question here but, if you get the phone rooted on purchase, will it update apps automatically from the play store
    Cheers!

• Advertisement

dedaw wrote: »
    Novice question here but, if you get the phone rooted on purchase, will it update apps automatically from the play store
    Cheers!

Should do if its on the playstore settings, rooting just opens the phone to modding and unofficial apps.

Should do if its on the playstore settings, rooting just opens the phone to modding and unofficial apps.

Sorry for another notice question but how will I know it's not play store settings? Is it included in the specs
    Thanks.

Sorry for another notice question but how will I know it's not play store settings? Is it included in the specs
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shopawebsite

G3 is good enough but all depends upon usage. If you use it excessively then it will not perform like S3. It will pay you back the price of the phone but the truth is more the sugar, more it will be sweetened.

dedaw wrote: »
    Thanks.

As far as I know once your google account is used it asks do you want to download all your old apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Merimobiles made a balls of my order before undeclared value of 40 euro has me paying out over 35€ in customs, etotalk all the way for me.

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    That the LG one mick?!

I ordered one :D

Any sign of this yet mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Any sign of this yet mate?

Talked to them on live chat yesterday and they said they are still clearing the backlogue from the new year :/

So it's on the "priority" mailing list... Be lucky to see it in 2 weeks I'd say :(

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Talked to them on live chat yesterday and they said they are still clearing the backlogue from the new year :/

So it's on the "priority" mailing list... Be lucky to see it in 2 weeks I'd say :(

Feck ill be ordering mine on friday I better check theres no delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Whats the story with tracking on mixeshop??
    I have a load of numbers ending euxp but dont know where to go or how to track the package???
    Any ideas??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement