Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

'Tis me again..

Gonna buy a replacement screen for my THL W200.. I remember you lads suggested the Chinese place in the Square to get it fitted. I can find a place called Fun Max? That it?

I'm based in Dún Laoghaire.

Any other suggestions welcome. Just wanna get a price on fitting it as the screen is quite expensive and I guess I'll be hit with customs..

Cheers.

Did you ever get this sorted ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

How do people find Mixeshop? Think im ordering from them today or tomorrow.

Yeh the strip at the top fell off ill try get a pic later.

G3ST great phone but the bodywork is shoddy.

What battery did you have in this and how did you find the battery life ? Have someone looking to get a new phone, but battery life is their main requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

Hi tallaghtmick. I have used mixeshop a lot, and never had a problem yet other that revenue stinging me a few times .

eamonnq wrote: »
    What battery did you have in this and how did you find the battery life ? Have someone looking to get a new phone, but battery life is their main requirement.

2750mAh its a great ol battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

What phone are you talking about ?

No phone in particular. Just a general query to be honest. Does it depend on the phone type if you can upgrade to kitkat?

Lets say if I have a NEO003 that has android 4.2 would I be able to upgrade to kitkat when it comes out?

golfdiva wrote: »
    No phone in particular. Just a general query to be honest. Does it depend on the phone type if you can upgrade to kitkat?

Lets say if I have a NEO003 that has android 4.2 would I be able to upgrade to kitkat when it comes out?

If the manufactuer provides an update to KitKat you could, or if there is a custom rom made available. But different phones get different roms, so it all depends.

2750mAh its a great ol battery.

I think it must be the 4T I was thinking of with the 3000mah thick battery.

Will keep an eye out on adverts though!!

I think it must be the 4T I was thinking of with the 3000mah thick battery.

Will keep an eye out on adverts though!!

For my phone? My best mate is buying it he has a S2 and the memory is just about gone :D

For my phone? My best mate is buying it he has a S2 and the memory is just about gone :D

No, for any phones that might pop up on there with everybody updating theirs!!

This would be my preferred price range!!

http://www.1949deal.com/mlais-mx28-mtk6582-quad-core-1-3ghz-android-4-2-smartphone-1g-ram-4g-rom-5-0-inch-qhd-ips-screen-black.html

but might stretch a bit more!!

• Advertisement

No, for any phones that might pop up on there with everybody updating theirs!!

This would be my preferred price range!!

http://www.1949deal.com/mlais-mx28-mtk6582-quad-core-1-3ghz-android-4-2-smartphone-1g-ram-4g-rom-5-0-inch-qhd-ips-screen-black.html

but might stretch a bit more!!

Ill prb be ordering mine later, ill see what the budget is and might stretch out and get a octa core with 2gb ram.....we'll see :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just FYI, the chance of the Neo or any MTK 6589 getting the official kitkat is very, very small.

Even a ported version is unllikely.

Just something to keep in mind if you're ordering from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

abarkie wrote: »
    All good bar the battery IMO

Agreed the battery would let it down IMHO

Its the best battery for all the octa cores at a decent price, lowest battery was 1800 shocking stuff.

Btw I charge my phone daily so battery isnt a issue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Barr wrote: »
    Nice phone!

http://www.merimobiles.com/newman-k18-ultrathin-5-inch-smartphone_p/meri8474.htm

Costs a little more , better battery though.

Yeh I looked at that too, shame they dont have Gorilla glass :(

Its the best battery for all the octa cores at a decent price, lowest battery was 1800 shocking stuff.

Btw I charge my phone daily so battery isnt a issue :D

Is there any particular reason you need an octa core phone though?

I cant imagine any reason the phone will have to utilize all 8 cores at once,hell my quad core usually only uses two cores at the best of times.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason you need an octa core phone though?

I cant imagine any reason the phone will have to utilize all 8 cores at once,hell my quad core usually only uses two cores at the best of times.

Not really I just like loads cores :Dhttp://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-k860i-2gb-ram-16gb-rom_p/meri9737.htm

Thats looks the business, they will update the firmware too, very tempted now. Its also 1.6 quad core not 1.5

• Advertisement

Not really I just like loads cores :D

LOL well that's OK then m8 ;)

LOL well that's OK then m8 ;)

Core slut I am ha, think ill go for the one I posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yer_man_there

Hey lads,

Have a Jiayu G3T and after cracking the lcd (I think), the screen is still intact and bits of the screen I can still make it out looks like the touch screen is still working. Just wondering is there any place in Dublin or Cork that would be able to fix these? Anyone had one of these Chinese android fixed over here? Have looked at also buying a replacement lcd online and trying fixing it myself which I don't mind doing but only as a last option as I have never done anything like it before and based on time taken for delivery for phone I want to get back to using it as soon as i can.

Thanks very much!

Not really I just like loads cores :Dhttp://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-k860i-2gb-ram-16gb-rom_p/meri9737.htm

Thats looks the business, they will update the firmware too, very tempted now. Its also 1.6 quad core not 1.5

Bit the bullet and bought this.....and a case for the 1st time ever ill be keeping this intact :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

I also want to buy this! Would you be able to give me a quick review as soon as you've played with it for a few days :D

90sBla wrote: »
    I also want to buy this! Would you be able to give me a quick review as soon as you've played with it for a few days :D

Yup as always, but beware I waited a few weeks before buying a phone and it went out of stock!

Bit the bullet and bought this.....and a case for the 1st time ever ill be keeping this intact :D

Will be interesting to see how the Samsung CPU works out mate, as most of us have the MTK :)

Will be interesting to see how the Samsung CPU works out mate, as most of us have the MTK :)

Had a S3 before and was a decent phone, this is a bigger processor so hopefully its much better, I read that the MTK chips are not as good as the rest but to be honest they have never let me down and are absolute flyers!

Cant complain about my NEO, so MTK rocks as far as my needs are concerned,albeit my needs are not that high lol,
    but it will be interesting to see how the Samsung chip gets on in a non Samsung phone :)

• Advertisement

Any reason the Android system is only 4.0 on this, I know you said that they will update the firmware, but do you know what the will update it to ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement