Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

eamonnq wrote: »
    Any reason the Android system is only 4.0 on this, I know you said that they will update the firmware, but do you know what the will update it to ?

Its an older phone I think, on the chat they said they will update it to the latest so prob a custom rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Its an older phone I think, on the chat they said they will update it to the latest so prob a custom rom.

They may update it to the latest available for that phone though or did they say that they would update it to 4.2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

There is a few 4.2.2 custom roms out there for it m8 :)

They may update it to the latest available for that phone though or did they say that they would update it to 4.2 ?

As Wiz said :) Wont bother me too much I rarely notice the difference in variants of 4.0

As Wiz said :) Wont bother me too much I rarely notice the difference in variants of 4.0

Yep, I would be that way inclined myself, let us all know how you get on with it, might consider one for myself.

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-k860-k860i-miui-v5/ Miui Rom Available there.

• Advertisement

Yep, I would be that way inclined myself, let us all know how you get on with it, might consider one for myself.

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-k860-k860i-miui-v5/ Miui Rom Available there.

I honestly wish I had confidence in myself to flash a rom but I knew id feck up so hopefully it comes with decent firmware, if not im paying someone!

I honestly wish I had confidence in myself to flash a rom but I knew id feck up so hopefully it comes with decent firmware, if not im paying someone!

If you want give us a shout m8,we are both in tallaght so can get you sorted with new rom if needed :)

p.s. no charge

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

hi guys

Looking into getting myself a new phone now too. Currently have an iPhone 4S but want to change over to Android. Was thinking of getting the Nexus 5, coming in about ~290euro at the moment but looking here, it seems like better value can be got from abroad?

Just to clarify, will a 4g enabled phone from China work in Ireland? And when purchasing, if you've never rooted a phone before, just pay the 3euro extra and it'll be usable over here yeah?

Anyone got suggestions on the best one to choose? The LG mentioned a few pages back is showing as sold out now.

wiz569 wrote: »
    If you want give us a shout m8,we are both in tallaght so can get you sorted with new rom if needed :)

p.s. no charge

Sound buddy ill let ye know, btw what part are you from?

hi guys

Looking into getting myself a new phone now too. Currently have an iPhone 4S but want to change over to Android. Was thinking of getting the Nexus 5, coming in about ~290euro at the moment but looking here, it seems like better value can be got from abroad?

Just to clarify, will a 4g enabled phone from China work in Ireland? And when purchasing, if you've never rooted a phone before, just pay the 3euro extra and it'll be usable over here yeah?

Anyone got suggestions on the best one to choose? The LG mentioned a few pages back is showing as sold out now.

Theres another 4G LG on merimobiles for under 200 but has no SD storage just a healthy 32GB internal.

• Advertisement

It is not that hard to do, even I can manage it!!

Sound buddy ill let ye know, btw what part are you from?

Rather not say out in the open ;)

But we cant be that far apart lol

If you want hands on help then shout and we can arrange through pm's :)

It is not that hard to do, even I can manage it!!

It never works for me!

It never works for me!

What OS are you using?

Never works on windows 8 for me, have to use windows 7

wiz569 wrote: »
    What OS are you using?

Never works on windows 8 for me, have to use windows 7

Windows 7, I put the file in the root of the SD, then the system always aborts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Bit the bullet and bought this.....and a case for the 1st time ever ill be keeping this intact :D

Big reduction on the original price :eek:

Interesting choice. I'll look forward to hearing what the processor is like.

Is it a dual sim?

Windows 7, I put the file in the root of the SD, then the system always aborts it.

OK so the problem is the actual flashing of the rom not rooting or adding a recovery image then,

Sure let's know anyway and I'll be happy to help if needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

On may of the Chinese devices (When flashing Roms), if you are using a micro sd card, or connecting directly, you need to disconnect and reconnect between the update steps.

For example, If you are using a Micro SD card remove the card after the image has been burned to it, and reinsert it for the cmd.exe screen.

Barr wrote: »
    Big reduction on the original price :eek:

Interesting choice. I'll look forward to hearing what the processor is like.

Is it a dual sim?

No idea :pac:

New mid range phone from Lenovo , I'm quite tempted by this.

http://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-a859-5inch-dual-sim-smartphone_p/meri8461.htm

• Advertisement

New mid range phone from Lenovo , I'm quite tempted by this.

http://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-a859-5inch-dual-sim-smartphone_p/meri8461.htm

You could get a phone with better specs for less :confused:
    Also it says quad core 1.3 there but on the features bit it says dual core intel :confused:

Great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,924 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Great price!

big screen
    low resolution
    bad idea

You could get a phone with better specs for less :confused:
    Also it says quad core 1.3 there but on the features bit it says dual core intel :confused:

It certainly looks pricey now after the Mlais MX28 eamonnq has posted.

I have been keeping an eye out for a Lenovo - I think they are a better brand as Chinese phones go.

It certainly looks pricey now after the Mlais MX28 eamonnq has posted.

I have been keeping an eye out for a Lenovo - I think they are a better brand as Chinese phones go.

Would ye not go for the one I posted a page or 2 back and bought, same value much better spec.

Would ye not go for the one I posted a page or 2 back and bought, same value much better spec.

It says nothing about dual sim so its not a runner for me :(

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    big screen
    low resolution
    bad idea

More out of curiosity than desire, but by the time you add on delivery (if you don't use the free delivery option) and allow for customs getting the VAT, it brings it up to where for a bit extra you could get something a lot better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement