Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silvertips really that good?

• 09-01-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

So are silvertips worth the money? i have a badger brush (semouge) at the moment and am playing with the idea of getting a medium priced (40-55) silvertip.
    I use creams and lather in a bowl, any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

In the main, I much prefer a good quality badger brush over a boar for creams.
    I find low grade badger brushes scratch much more compared to a silvertip.
    Not all silvertip brushes are the same grade. There are several subclasses of silvertip
    and to further muddy the water each manufacturer tends to have their own terminology.

It is well worth picking up a two band or high mountain badger brush. There is much speculation
    that most brush manufacturers import hair or knots from only a handful of suppliers in China
    and a lot of the differences in price for end customers is down to marketing and paying for the
    handle.

Semogue have some nice silvertip brushes and I have a few but I much prefer the
    brushes from New Forest Brushes.
    http://newforestbrushes.blogspot.ie/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00Z&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00Z&max-results=13

The chap behind New Forest Brushes sampled as many brushes as he could (details on his blog!) Before approaching
    suppliers directly in China. The result is you get a lot of shaving brush for the price. Email him and see what he has in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MetalBren

they look quite interesting! thanks for the quick reply!
    the prices of those are actually quite reasonable.

and i've ordered a silvertip from new forest brushes! thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Which one did you get?

THe finest silvertip! should be here next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

This one? (It's the one I've been eyeing up for a while now)
    NF+2223.jpg

It'll be nice to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives.

thats the one! I'll post when it arrives, let you know what its like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Make sure to let me know how you get on.
    I've a few of the older models (back when the handles were made in China)
    http://newforestbrushes.blogspot.ie/2011/01/new-forest-high-mountain-2221-now-for.html

The brush came today, I've tested it already. ITs quite luxurious compared to my old badger!
    Makes a great lather!

Advertisement