Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

duathlon with a view to triathlon TI Question

Options
  • 09-01-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Hi all!
    Noob question here but here it goes!
    I have just signed up with Triathlon Ireland and I was planning to be an associate member this season and maybe full next season.
    Now here's the thing!
    I want to compete in a couple of Duathlons to break me in.
    Q.1 Do I need a full TI membership to compete in a duathlon?
    Q.2 Can I exchange my Associate membership to a full as i just got the card delivered today(but paying the difference?

Thanks in advance
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Ceepo

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Noob question here but here it goes!
    I have just signed up with Triathlon Ireland and I was planning to be an associate member this season and maybe full next season.
    Now here's the thing!
    I want to compete in a couple of Duathlons to break me in.
    Q.1 Do I need a full TI membership to compete in a duathlon?
    Q.2 Can I exchange my Associate membership to a full as i just got the card delivered today(but paying the difference?

Thanks in advance
    S

1st off you can take out one day licence for e5 for Duathlon's. and can be taken out on the day, However if you are planning to do 3/4 in the year you would be better of taking out full membership,

As for swapping or upgarding i would not be sure, maybe contact TI and tell them you bought it by mistake, oops i hit the wrong button, worth a try,

Ceepo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Thanks for the info!
    I was planning originally to just train for a tri with a club but then saw the world of duathlon and the amount of events going on so I am keen to get my ass moving asap!
    I went onto the TI website and it seems to be just a case of upgrading to full and pay the remainder!
    NICE WAN!
    ball up! Game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Ceepo

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info!
    I was planning originally to just train for a tri with a club but then saw the world of duathlon and the amount of events going on so I am keen to get my ass moving asap!
    I went onto the TI website and it seems to be just a case of upgrading to full and pay the remainder!
    NICE WAN!
    ball up! Game on!
    Good stuff, see you in Limerick then ;)

Advertisement