Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2013/14 New kits thread and World Cup Kits

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Each to their own sure, not a having a go or anything, says me who likes the blue and white striped Hercules shirt above :D.

I was going to say the same thing, maybe I just like blue & white :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

mackems

New-Sunderland-Home-Kit-13-14.jpg

Espanyol

espanyol-home.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That Sunderland one is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sponsor does not hinder the Sunderland top.

Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sunderland one is the best I've seen in a while. Good jod Adidas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

When I grow up I want to design the new Boca jerseys.

Feet up all day long sipping cocktails...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

blackburn-away-shirt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Interesting if true -

947188_10151448036671986_1604334907_n.jpg

Hull

Robbie-Brady-Hull-City-Kit-13-14.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Adidas kits are pretty poor this season

• Advertisement

That black and gold City one could be a good one!

Look at the socks! Genuine contender for worst Premier League kit ever. Shame on Warrior.

BOUd_4SCIAEBZPM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

MD1990 wrote: »
    Adidas kits are pretty poor this season

I like the Hull one and the Notts Forest one.

Indeed Xavi, I had just started to like/ get my head around the Liverpool Away kit but the Third kit is truly awful. In this day and age, there is no excuse for poor colors and design like that. :(

I actually wish Under Armour had taken over from adidas, not Warrior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I still can't get over the Liverpool away and 3rd kits. They were leaked months back and the universal opinion was that they're awful. Warrior appear to be the only people on the planet that think otherwise, and they don't seem to care that they're alone in that belief. Baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The fact that 3rd kits are mostly for financial reasons i.e rarely worn so they hope itll sell well beggars belief as to why they made such an awful 3rd kit. Then again theyve some hipster as their lead designer so hardly surprising, warrior sure are making us pay for one of the biggest kit deals ever :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The 2nd and 3rd Liverpool kits are ones that will be remembered for years, but only as part of "worst kits ever" type discussions. The odd socks are shocking.

I actually don't mind the Liverpool 3rd shirt, it's something different, to say the least.

Not sure about the socks not matching though, that's a bit too radical for little 'ol me!! :pac:

bd3047e9-8154-46ab-ad63-54efcf0d1c88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

^^^ The 'V' is horrible. Even worse on the latest Spain kit.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    The fact that 3rd kits are mostly for financial reasons i.e rarely worn so they hope itll sell well beggars belief as to why they made such an awful 3rd kit. Then again theyve some hipster as their lead designer so hardly surprising, warrior sure are making us pay for one of the biggest kit deals ever :pac:

Thats the ironic thing. Warrior are paying Liverpool the biggest sum that any kit dealer has ever paid them previously in order to manufacture their kits but who in gods name would actually buy either the 3rd or the Away in order for them to make any sort of a return on these kits? They are beyond belief woeful.

Another bit of irony is that they keep so much with tradition for the 2 home kits they have produced and yet are the bipolar opposite when it comes to away shirts. Last years away wasnt all that bad but this years is horrific and the two needless 3rd kits even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The Liverpool one is surely a mix up of at least three that they could not decide on?

Where I play 6 a side here in England there is a player who wears odd illuminous couloured socks, it's baffling, but he should be well up for that jersey.

The Liverpool one is surely a mix up of at least three that they could not decide on?

Where I play 6 a side here in England there is a player who wears odd illuminous couloured socks, it's baffling, but he should be well up for that jersey.

Their socks is like that new product on the market, Wacky socks. O'Neills do an equivalent 'Gaagle' range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

2CITY1.jpg

Yeah not a fan of the two tone black

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah not a fan of the two tone black

Pity because the grandfather collar is quite nice imo

• Advertisement

Pity because the grandfather collar is quite nice imo

It is, we had something similar back in 2009 and it's still my favourite of the shirts Umbro did for us -

cityaway.jpg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It is, we had something similar back in 2009 and it's still my favourite of the shirts Umbro did for us -

Yeah i thought about that shirt alright when i seen the new away. Pity about that b**locks modelling it in the middle.

The new City home is similar to that lovely first umbro effort from 2009 also apart from the thin navy trim on the round collar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Fulham back to adidas now too? So many teams going with them now, wish the FAI would follow suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I like the black City jersey. Hell of a lot better than our home one. Might get it.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Fulham back to adidas now too? So many teams going with them now, wish the FAI would follow suit.

I think its a pity that Umbro have disappeared from the landscape personally as some (not all though) of their Tailored range were top class. I dont like the current Ireland home or away shirts though and i hate that stripe at the back of the shirt near the shirt name

The current Adidas templates with the exception of Chelsea(H) and Bayern Munich (H) are quite simply dreadful tacky looking monstrosities. Adidas need to forget the bells and whistles and go back to basics. Since 2008 they have completely lost their way. Even their gigantic 3 stripe branding of the 90s or the Bruised bananas and kaleidoscope German shirt from 1994 was better than some of the stuff they are throwing out now.

Nike are more miss than hit themselves it must be said these times though there have been a few nice designs (albeit simple) introduced by them for the beginning of this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Thats the ironic thing. Warrior are paying Liverpool the biggest sum that any kit dealer has ever paid them previously in order to manufacture their kits but who in gods name would actually buy either the 3rd or the Away in order for them to make any sort of a return on these kits? They are beyond belief woeful.

Another bit of irony is that they keep so much with tradition for the 2 home kits they have produced and yet are the bipolar opposite when it comes to away shirts. Last years away wasnt all that bad but this years is horrific and the two needless 3rd kits even worse.

Warrior are working off the premiss that all publicity is good publicity. The hipster ugly pattern will get the brand some attention. The away jerseys will go down in history as design disasters. Most shirts are designed to simply match jeans. But you end up forgetting them. Warrior know exactly what they're doing with these hideous monstrosities.

ush wrote: »
    Warrior are working off the premiss that all publicity is good publicity. The hipster ugly pattern will get the brand some attention. The away jerseys will go down in history as design disasters. Most shirts are designed to simply match jeans. But you end up forgetting them. Warrior know exactly what they're doing with these hideous monstrosities.

Come to think of it i think i know the type of person who might wear the new Liverpool 3rd. The same type of person who would wear these type of shoes
    image3xl.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Come to think of it i think i know the type of person who might wear the new Liverpool 3rd. The same type of person who would wear these type of shoes
    image3xl.jpg

Quality gutties, have these without the laces!

a hands on opinion from scousers

i had to put on subtitles, except it wasn't able to make sense either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

1860-munich.jpg
    Home is damn nice, not overly impressed with the away,1860 Munchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Liverpool 3rd is not bad at all, quite like. Its sharp. :)

2nd kit is GAWD awful tho, hopefully they will see sense and play with the 3rd more. Are Warrior just trying to be 'different' to get headlines, they forget fans wear this tosh.? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Liverpool 3rd is not bad at all, quite like. Its sharp. :)

2nd kit is GAWD awful tho, hopefully they will see sense and play with the 3rd more. Are Warrior just trying to be 'different' to get headlines, they forget fans wear this tosh.? :(

Only those that buy it will wear it. Even then its doubtful. The majority however will not, because they're fcuk ugly.

Fiorentina

fiorentina-home.jpg

fiorentina-away.jpg

fiorentina-third.jpg

Bordeaux

FC-Bordeaux-Home-Kit-13-14.jpg

Bordeaux-Third-Kit-2013-14.jpg

Birmingham Home

Birmingham-City-13-14-diadora-home-football-shirt-g.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Fiorentina home and away are beautiful shirts.

Forest with 2012 template (but still nice)
    Nottingham-Forest-13-14-adidas-home-football-shirt-c.jpg

Stoke City

stoke-city-13-14-adidas-home-football-shirt-a.jpg

Benfica

benfica-13-14-adidas-home-football-shirt-a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Have a look at how nice that benfica jersey is without the sponsor. Lovely jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

You could say the same for a lot of jerseys

Dortmund used a very unique promotional technique for their new home shirt. 80,645 flowers in a field.

Read more
    :)

0607_Dortmund_kit_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

The Forest jersey will be available without a sponsor on launch. It's not as nice as the fake one posted earlier.

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    The Forest jersey will be available without a sponsor on launch. It's not as nice as the fake one posted earlier.

An ideal situation really. I have a lovely Arsenal shirt from 2010 and not only is it spoiled by the sponsor but the sponsor was printed in the cheapest fashion and has begun to peel which spoils the whole appearance of the shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

An ideal situation really. I have a lovely Arsenal shirt from 2010 and not only is it spoiled by the sponsor but the sponsor was printed in the cheapest fashion and has begun to peel which spoils the whole appearance of the shirt

Yeah, it's purely because they haven't signed a deal with anyone yet though.

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Yeah, it's purely because they haven't signed a deal with anyone yet though.

I realise that and im realistic enough in knowing that its inevitable they will, but for a fan its an ideal situation really

Arsenal away

tumblr_inline_mpki1dMHok1qz4rgp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

the new spurs kit would hardly be available in shops here tomorrow no?

Advertisement