Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2013/14 New kits thread and World Cup Kits

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Ugh. With all due respect to Umbro, they've gone backwards from their mini golden era a few years ago.

The "Tailored by Umbro" range produced some of the nicest kits and training wear ever IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Umbro are done, Nike completely asset-stripped them, no matter how they try spin it. Although they obviously 'forgot' to pick up Ireland on the way out.

Yep Umbro are in trouble I would think after being dumped by Nike. As you say Nike made sure they took all the most attractive teams they could on the way out. I think the could not take Ireland as Irelands deal with Umbro was an unusually long term deal signed in 2009 that was for 10 years. Thus probably not worth it financially to Nike as they would have had to buy out 6 more years just to get that contract. Which is fine by me as in general Nike jersey's are of a very poor quality level IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Hoki wrote: »
    Do Kappa still make jerseys ? I've noticed they're not doing any of the major clubs kits that they have been doing over the last few years. They make the best jerseys imo.

Kappa, Lotto, Diadora all make the nicest jerseys. No coincidence that they're all Italian.

As a Napoli fan, I'm glad this season's home shirt is a marked improvement on last year's diabolical half collared effort. I'm also loving the yellow away kit with blue stripe!

I actually don't think the camouflage shirt is all that bad. I've seen a lot worse. Might just buy it for the craic when I'm over.

Really would love Admiral to make a comeback. Here is Minnesota Utd FC's new away. Savage

20130730-221945.jpg

Home not bad either

20130730-221913.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Really would love Admiral to make a comeback. Here is Minnesota Utd FC's new away. Savage

Jersey looks like it doesn't fit properly at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

20130730-221945.jpg

Home not bad either

20130730-221913.jpg

The collar, crest and mini striped design on the sleeves are all blatantly stolen from the current French away jersey.

france-away-shirt-2012.jpg

Pro. F wrote: »
    Jersey looks like it doesn't fit properly at all.

Looks a bit gammy with the collar buttoned alright which is a bit of a flaw but unbuttoned id say its alright.

Design is superb.

The collar, crest and mini striped design on the sleeves are all blatantly stolen from the current French away jersey.

Admiral done mini stripes on the sleeves when Nikes incorporation was in its mere infancy. Perhaps Nike could do with stealing a few more idea's themselves

manchester-united-home-football-shirt-1975-1977-s_4189_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Apart from the official website (which as far as I can see only has small) does anyone know where you can buy a real Oviedo jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

wawaman wrote: »
    Apart from the official website (which as far as I can see only has small) does anyone know where you can buy a real Oviedo jersey?

You could tweet @sidlowe and ask him. He's a Real Oviedo fan.

The Liga Shop don't seem to have it although they can be very late getting jerseys in and don't do many below La Primera.

micar wrote: »

I have a Kappa Sampdoria jersey from about 5 years ago. Don't really see any point getting another, looks good without a sponsor and the design is pretty much the same every year.

Kappa were doing Siena and Torino last time I checked too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

TaosHum wrote: »
    From what I've read, in 2011 Umbro Ireland outbid Nike for the rights to continue manufacturing all FAI team apparel. This contract is to last until 2020, so unless Umbro Ireland go bust or the contract is bought out, then we will be seeing Umbro made kits for at least 7 more years.
    Heading off at a tangent here, but anyway; is there any particular reason why you can't buy a replica Ireland shirt without the sponsors emblazoned all over the front of it? The team don't wear them, except maybe in some meaningless friendly. This has puzzled me all the way back to the golden Charlton days and the ''Opel'' kits. I never see England, or indeed any of the four home nations', replica shirts with Vauxhall plastered all over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

blueser wrote: »
    Heading off at a tangent here, but anyway; is there any particular reason why you can't buy a replica Ireland shirt without the sponsors emblazoned all over the front of it? The team don't wear them, except maybe in some meaningless friendly. This has puzzled me all the way back to the golden Charlton days and the ''Opel'' kits. I never see England, or indeed any of the four home nations', replica shirts with Vauxhall plastered all over them.

It's because we sold the sponsorship of replica jerseys. Other countries didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

TaosHum wrote: »
    From what I've read, in 2011 Umbro Ireland outbid Nike for the rights to continue manufacturing all FAI team apparel. This contract is to last until 2020, so unless Umbro Ireland go bust or the contract is bought out, then we will be seeing Umbro made kits for at least 7 more years.

From what I read in wiki, Nike bought Umbro for GB£285 million (US$580 million) in 2007. Then in 2012 Nike sold it for US$225 million less than what they paid for it.

In 2007, Umbro made the England, Man City and I think Celtic kits to name but a few.

over those years, they have transferred from Umbro to Nike. In my opinion this was very clever. Transfer the club/countries where they know can generate big sums of revenue through kit sales. Once they have conducted all the transfers they want then they sell the Umbro brand.

This leave poor Ireland with the Umbro kit. :(

From what I read in wiki, Nike bought Umbro for GB£285 million (US$580 million) in 2007. Then in 2012 Nike sold it for US$225 million less than what they paid for it.

In 2007, Umbro made the England, Man City and I think Celtic kits to name but a few.

over those years, they have transferred from Umbro to Nike. In my opinion this was very clever. Transfer the club/countries where they know can generate big sums of revenue through kit sales. Once they have conducted all the transfers they want then they sell the Umbro brand.

At least we are not stuck with the horrible lack of quality which Nike kits consistently are made with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not sure if everton or boca juniors...

265831.jpg

klose wrote: »
    Not sure if everton or boca juniors...

265831.jpg

All the Tipperary Evertonians might be purchasing that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Quite like that for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Quite like that for some reason.

Like it myself, shorts are blue aswell so tis alot of blue for an away kit considering their home kit is.....blue.

klose wrote: »
    Like it myself, shorts are blue aswell so tis alot of blue for an away kit considering their home kit is.....blue.

White home shorts though, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The back of the Everton one is all yellow so they might be ok away to Chelsea. Third kit coming anyways. Like the yellow one myself

as-roma-13-14-away-football-shirt-a.jpgas-roma-13-14-away-football-shirt-b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

I think that is a very handsome jersey... but almost like a training top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I think that is a very handsome jersey... but almost like a training top

That's what makes it good imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Catania jerseys, training gear & a very content looking OAP in pic 3 :D

005.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

Nice!

Roma are letting fans vote on their 3rd kit, they're making them themselves this year with Nike doing them from then on

Roma-Third-Kit-Vote-2013-14.jpg

No 3..

Green one looks meh....

Number 1 imo.

3rd is the same as the white shirt, just black.

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »

005.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

Catania sure know how to go about a jersey launch thats for sure. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

eire4 wrote: »
    Catania sure know how to go about a jersey launch thats for sure. :eek:

Not a lot of Italians play for them but they sure are Italian Women.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Number 1 imo.

3rd is the same as the white shirt, just black.

The green would be a nice goalkeeper shirt. No 1 for me too though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I like it.

Does not do it for me.

No way would I pay full price.

Parma home, away & third. (in reverse order) the other kit is being worn for 1 game

Parma1.jpg

Besiktas 1, 2 & 3. the 3rd one is nice, you can see the details on the 2nd & 3rd better here

BesiktasHeader.jpg

Panathinaikos

PanathinaikosHeader.jpg

Linfield away
    LinfieldAwayHeader.jpg

Ferencvaros home
    FerencvarosHeader.jpg

Lens, sponsors to be added
    LensHeader.jpg

That's better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I want the black Besiktas one!

• Advertisement

Love the Panthanaikos home kit. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

BTPCOWtCAAAHqzb.jpg?resize=600%2C900

New Everton 3rd kit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

That White Panathinaikos jersey is absolutely Beautiful. Would love to get my hands on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

How has no-one posted the Bayern lederhosen kit yet?! :D

AwayTrikot_06_GET_010913.variant846x476.jpg

AwayTrikot_04_GET_010913.variant846x476.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

DundalkFC Home kit 2014.

1391470_10152307931822306_229086109_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

We should just get O'Neills to make us a GAA-style top, would be quite unique internationally, not just generic Adidas, Nike, Umbro stuff.

the Offaly jersey would be a good starting point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

batistuta9 wrote: »

[IMG][/IMG]

IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

3rd pic girl on the left , jesus christ you'd get more expression off the arse of a pig. State of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Some World Cup Kits

camiseta.jpg

PUCOT1.jpg

PUCOT2.jpg

• Advertisement

PUCAM1.jpg

PUCAM2.jpg

PUGHA1.jpg

Advertisement