Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eczema on tattoo

Options
  • 09-01-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Just wondering will eczema damage my tattoo? Have a tattoo on my wrist & have a flare up of eczema which is on half of my tattoo making it look horrible atm thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Treat it as you would any new tattoo, and wait and see. It could be ok, there is no way of knowing until it heals. Do not scratch it !

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

bubblebery wrote: »
    Treat it as you would any new tattoo, and wait and see. It could be ok, there is no way of knowing until it heals. Do not scratch it !

Thanks for the reply,yea will do. No deffo wont scratch it,its too stingy would only hurt it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

As long as you don't scratch it, and keep putting unscented lotion on it as you would do with a fresh tattoo, it will more than likely be fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

Kind of related, both my kids had eczema and we used Epiderm on them, either in cream or emulsifying ointment, both very effective and scent free etc.

Also look at dairy / sugar / acidic foods like raw apples and tomatoes in the diet

Hope it clears up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

It depends how long the tattoo is there for. If you don't scratch it, it should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

It depends how long the tattoo is there for. If you don't scratch it, it should be fine.

Have it about 3 years.

Advertisement