Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

football bet query

• 09-01-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

football bet query.. !!!!

1st goalscorer double ronaldo & ba both t0 score first goal 14/1 today

ronaldo obliged ba did not start for chelsea and michu has scored what way does bet work now do i get paid on single or is bet void if ba comes on for chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

I think if ba doesn't come on he will count as a non runner so to speak. So I would imagine you would just get da price for ronaldo. So you should be hoping that ba doesn't come on at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

I think if ba doesn't come on he will count as a non runner so to speak. So I would imagine you would just get da price for ronaldo. So you should be hoping that ba doesn't come on at all

just my luck ba comes on with 10 min to go :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I'd say it'll be refunded. Ba didn't have a chane to score the first goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭Getoffmytrain

I can't see how you lose your bet, it should be settled as a single on Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

afro man wrote: »
    football bet query.. !!!!

1st goalscorer double ronaldo & ba both t0 score first goal 14/1 today

ronaldo obliged ba did not start for chelsea and michu has scored what way does bet work now do i get paid on single or is bet void if ba comes on for chelsea
    As this appears to be a special which was in a retail shop today I'm sure it was in the T&Cs that both must be on the pitch when first goal is scored for bet to stand, or both on pitch at some time and no goalscorer for the bet to stand.

As this was not the case I'd say bet is void. Unlikely it will go to a single as it was a single special, not a double. The single just needed two things to happen for it to come up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Normal rule of most shops would be to settle this as a win single at the odds Ronaldo was to score 1st. Ba came on after the 1st goal which makes that part of the double void but it leaves you with a win single. so you should look to be paid out on that outcome. suspect ronaldo's odds were short enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Normal rule of most shops would be to settle this as a win single at the odds Ronaldo was to score 1st. Ba came on after the 1st goal which makes that part of the double void but it leaves you with a win single. so you should look to be paid out on that outcome. suspect ronaldo's odds were short enough.

worse part about it i was looking at Michu for 1st goalscorer and this bet caught my eye on screen and lured me in.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

It will definitely be settled as a win single on Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Did a 4 team accumulater today(4 draws)
    the first 3 all drew but the last game (bury v stevenage) was postponed,
    will i get paid on the 3 games that went ahead or do i have to wait til the game is played?or do i have a choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

i had the same before could be wrong on time though they paid on on the 3 with me. think it has to be played within 24hrs or is void

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

bongomad wrote: »
    i had the same before could be wrong on time though they paid on on the 3 with me. think it has to be played within 24hrs or is void

Just collected the bet there,she said the postponed game counts as a non-runner,got paid on the other 3 results...was still a nice little pay-out,i hope the game when its replayed isnt a draw:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

A lot of bookies have a 24 rule so if a match is postponed, they wait for 24 hours and if it's not played within that time, bet is void.
    If it is played within 24 hours, all bets stand.

Saw something strange on Hills site yesterday.
    They are doing enhanced wincasts (player to score & team to win) but the T&C stated bet was void if player didn't start the match.
    I can understand why they would do this but you would be a bit peeved if you had a bet on one and the player doesn't start but comes on after and scores and team wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Did a 4 team accumulater today(4 draws)
    the first 3 all drew but the last game (bury v stevenage) was postponed,
    will i get paid on the 3 games that went ahead or do i have to wait til the game is played?or do i have a choice

As okidoki said, if the game is played within 24 hours (or 48 as some bookies give) after the postponed game was initially supposed to take place, then it will wait, otherwise the match will be called a N/R and you'll be paid out for the other 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 livefreeinuk

your money should have all went on ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm sure he's been sorted....after 3 months :eek:

Advertisement