Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New company and employee

Options
  • 09-01-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I'm about to set up,a small co with a friend. My q is that I am currently an employee. I am out on sick leave and will be for quite some time. I don't want to leave my job in case in loose a future redundancy payment or if this new venture does not work as wells as we hope. It's possible in time I could go back to work and still manage out little venture in the evenings.

Can I be a paye registered worker and also be self employed? Is there a way to set this up maybe a sole trader rather than limited company or vice versa? I'm even thinking of for now to just go for it with out registration of company etc. and if things work out do it then and pay tax, is that really dodgy?
    All advice welcome.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You should quit your job and stop taking the piss out of your employer, if your fit for work go back.

Advertisement