Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which of these laptops is the fastest

Options
  • 09-01-2013 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Hello, just looking for a Laptop for general use and the internet but which of these is the fastest for internet use and online auctions etc.... Ta

Toshiba satellite
    Processor - Intel® Celeron® Processor 2.3GHZ
    RAM 1GB

OR

HP
    Processor - Intel® Processor 1.60 ghz Dual Core. RAM 1GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

2pack wrote: »
    Hello, just looking for a Laptop for general use and the internet but which of these is the fastest for internet use and online auctions etc.... Ta

Toshiba satellite
    RAM 1GB

OR

HP

Need more information than that intel make a lot of processors you've not stated which model either are so can't tell.. Post a link to the actual laptops if you can or at least more information on the actual models and other laptop components

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭mcw92

Toshiba satellite
    RAM 1GB

OR

HP

Depending on the models, but the 2nd one would be faster.

You have a model code for the 2nd one?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭2pack

have a little more info on the HP/toshiba, I didn't think there would be that much difference in the speed between the two that you would notice anyway

Toshiba satellite c660 18c
    Processor - Intel® Celeron® Processor 2.3GHZ, 925
    800mhz
    RAM 1GB

OR

HP 6710b
    Processor - Intel® Pentium Processor 1.60 ghz Dual Core. RAM 1GB

The 2nd one would be a good bit more powerful than the first one

ok didnt think there was much in it to be honest...does increasing the memory make them much faster

• Advertisement

to be honest i wouldn't feel all that great running win 7 on 1GB of ram it'll run but multitasking would be... there wouldn't be that much between the CPU them in day to day use but to be honest both are fairly outdated towards today's standards... increasing the ram would make a bit of a difference but not a massive speed boost

where are you buying from and what's your budget?

Guy selling them in England, got a few bits of him before
    HP is about 7/10 condition with battery lasting 1 hour... 100stg price mark,
    Toshiba 8/10, 15.6 screen, price 120stg.... 3 hours battery.. all wireless and dvd rewriter..
    neither has hdmi or webcam but then i dont use these,
    all working perfect... 3 months warranty included... what do you all think of the price.
    The internet in my area is slow below 2mb... my budget is around the 120stg or 150 euro mark..

Ta

if portability is not an issue with horrible battery life i'd prob go with the Toshiba the faster CPU will make some what of a difference and make it last longer and considering it's dual core it'd run multitasking better..

ok i decided not to go for these as most of you think they are kinda too slow and may try to up my budget abit and get something faster...
    what about the intel core i3 2.2ghz or quad core are these seem to be good and fast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

ok i decided not to go for these as most of you think they are kinda too slow and may try to up my budget abit and get something faster...
    what about the intel core i3 2.2ghz or quad core are these seem to be good and fast

yep be grand, make sure at least 4gb of ram though or upgrade yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Don't buy Celeron

Your fastest laptop , may depend on your Broadband provider .

areyawell wrote: »
    yep be grand, make sure at least 4gb of ram though or upgrade yourself.

thanks, why would i need at least 4gb of ram

Advertisement