Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controllers losing connection

Options
  • 09-01-2013 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

My sixaxis controllers keep losing sync to my ps3. ..they work fine when connected with a USB cable.

If I reset them and do a hardware reset on the ps3 then they work fine again for a few days. ..then stop working again.

Anyone come across this before??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Damien360

New one on me.

A quick google suggests this was an issue with early firmware releases around 2009. Sony suggested possible interference from wifi signal. So, is your router with wifi very close to PS3. Other than that, I cannot help

Damien360 wrote: »
    New one on me.

A quick google suggests this was an issue with early firmware releases around 2009. Sony suggested possible interference from wifi signal. So, is your router with wifi very close to PS3. Other than that, I cannot help
    No my WiFi access point is on the other side of the house.

Can't figure it out myself and I'm an IT tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Had that happen years ago and it was caused by my Motorola bluetooth headset , H350 or H500 I think it was.

edit:

Had a look back through my old posts and it was the H500 , stopped using it and it never happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

OP what's the make and model of your wireless router?

Do other people's controllers work ok?

Ed

• Advertisement

Its a Linksys wrt54gl running ddwrt.
    Don't know about others controllers.

It happened since about a year ago and just started happening again around Xmas.

One thing I forgot to mention was that there was a period of a few months where the ps3 didn't get any use and the controllers needed charged up as they were completely drained.
    I dont know if its relevant but its a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Its a Linksys wrt54gl running ddwrt.
    Don't know about others controllers.

It happened since about a year ago and just started happening again around Xmas.

One thing I forgot to mention was that there was a period of a few months where the ps3 didn't get any use and the controllers needed charged up as they were completely drained.
    I dont know if its relevant but its a thought.

Any info is always relevant :)

Quick search brings up a few things
    http://www.dannyhansen.nl/playstation-3/ps3-and-linksys-wrt54g-v7-disconnect-issues

I suppose the main question is :
    How often does this happen?
    If it happens regularly then try using the PS3 without the router turned on.

Could also be that the batteries in the controllers are on the way out.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?149211-Problems-with-PS3-and-my-Router

http://forums.qj.net/ps3-help-center/115309-wifi-drops-out-randomly-help.html

Seems that the Linksys conflicts a lot with other devices on the 2.4Ghz range which will include the Bluetooth controllers.

Some people say to change to the custom firmware which you have done,
    Others say to disable media sharing on the PS3 ie Upnp
    Another option is to not broadcast your SSID on the Linksys router.

It's worth a shot
    Best of luck,
    Ed

Advertisement