Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery charging problem

Options
  • 10-01-2013 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping this is the correct forum for 'problem threads'

I don't know the names of all the bits and bobs so bear with me.

Battery wasn't charging at all. To keep the laptop on, I had to hold the part in a certain way, the part that goes into the laptop.

Bought a new battery, now it charges but it still has to be held in a certain way for it to charge. So when its charged I get about 90mins of using my laptop normaily without having to have the thing held a certain way.

So there's obviously something wrong and its not the battery or the charger because I tried other chargers and it was the same thing.

Would I be right in saying the problem is the part that the charger connects to in the side of the laptop?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm hoping this is the correct forum for 'problem threads'

I don't know the names of all the bits and bobs so bear with me.

Battery wasn't charging at all. To keep the laptop on, I had to hold the part in a certain way, the part that goes into the laptop.

Bought a new battery, now it charges but it still has to be held in a certain way for it to charge. So when its charged I get about 90mins of using my laptop normaily without having to have the thing held a certain way.

So there's obviously something wrong and its not the battery or the charger because I tried other chargers and it was the same thing.

Would I be right in saying the problem is the part that the charger connects to in the side of the laptop?

Sounds like a loose/faulty DC power Jack to me. Generally a soldering job to fix, although some are simply plugged in to the mobo

Nick

Advertisement