Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Today I became a real business owner, not just self employed. RevFit's evening classes ran in the very capable hands of the first member of my RevFit Coaching Army :)

Probably my biggest achievement to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

"Powerlifting" at home. BW 78 kg.

Squat 140 kg. Time 08:50
    Bench 105 kg. Time 09:05
    Go to work
    Come home
    Deadlift 260 kg. Time 19:30

Could maybe have gotten another 5 kg on each lift but that would have meant a good possibility of missed lifts which was not what I wanted.

Obviously things are different on a platform and actual powerlifters would not be impressed by the above. Still, I find it good for my mental strength to sometimes do heavy squat, bench and deadlift on the same day and also to lift in the morning which I've always found tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

183094_10151580825486624_295221744_n.jpg

Not going to win any medals but I'm delighted to get a sub 90 seconds 500m!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

BrianD3 wrote: »
    "Powerlifting" at home. BW 78 kg.

Squat 140 kg. Time 08:50
    Bench 105 kg. Time 09:05
    Go to work
    Come home
    Deadlift 260 kg. Time 19:30

Could maybe have gotten another 5 kg on each lift but that would have meant a good possibility of missed lifts which was not what I wanted.

Obviously things are different on a platform and actual powerlifters would not be impressed by the above. Still, I find it good for my mental strength to sometimes do heavy squat, bench and deadlift on the same day and also to lift in the morning which I've always found tough.

You know what, that wouldn't be far off the timing of a meet.

A 260 pull with a 140 squat??

Da Za wrote: »
    A 260 pull with a 140 squat??
    Arms like a monkey.

At least with a squat/deadlift ratio like that, I probably won't be accused of squatting high :)

Farmers walk:
    42 kg in each hand
    10 metre walkway x 14 turns = 150 metres
    Pins and needles in my hands and serious determination needed towards the end

When I started these a few weeks ago I was doing 7 turns so a nice improvement I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

New 1rm on the bench with 95kg. Was sure I had the 100 in me but couldn't hit it with 3 attempts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

stuchyg wrote: »
    New 1rm on the bench with 95kg. Was sure I had the 100 in me but couldn't hit it with 3 attempts

Go for it next cheat day, warm up set then bang out the 100! Well done on the 95 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Bench 100kg x 11 pb
    Bench 105 x 8 pb
    Bench 110 x 5 pb

3 Bench pbs while dieting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I tore a footlong hole down the backside of my pants today when squatting.

That's an achievement, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

MrPain wrote: »
    I tore a footlong hole down the backside of my pants today when squatting.

That's an achievement, right?

Only if you finished your session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Sangre wrote: »
    Only if you finished your session.

It happened me last year mid session....not a prayer I was finishing early. In fairness its a pretty cool gym, everyone gets their own stuff done instead of looking at everyone else so nobody noticed...... plus I might've skipped doing SDLs that day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

JJayoo wrote: »
    Bench 100kg x 11 pb
    Bench 105 x 8 pb
    Bench 110 x 5 pb

3 Bench pbs while dieting :)
    Similar story, few reps PRs lately and been eating less!
    92.5kg x 7 x 5 (up til now 5x5 on 90kg had been a big "wall" for a looong time, so surprised and happy to have smashed through that one)
    and then 100kg x 6 x 3 and 115kg x 4 x 2 the other day. Bench gains never came easy at all. Will never forget the grind and eating to make 70kg for 5x5 happen and then 80kg 5x5. 100 for 5x5 might be a nice square one to chase now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Pretty happy with how my Iron Cross is coming

PFnQAoj.jpg?1

Beginning what looks to be a long process of moving to a low bar squat.

Haven't trained in over 6 weeks with holidays / illness / surgery getting in the way.

Decided it was time to go back to basics and get low bar squatting. Shoulder mobility is not there yet (first session yesterday) but racked 5x5 @BW to at least leave with a rounded number.

Think I need to re-address my wrist position / rotation, my setup has always been for a high bar squat until now.

Benching is pretty different after a few weeks off too! Back and Chest sore today already.

Felt good to be back though!

Bad day in work, came home angry and itching to hammer the weights. Put this to good use, farmers walks followed by block pulls.

250 kg x 10 @ 78 kg in the block pull, rep PR. Used straps, 3.5 inch blocks and a moderate sumo stance.

Beginning what looks to be a long process of moving to a low bar squat.

Haven't trained in over 6 weeks with holidays / illness / surgery getting in the way.

Decided it was time to go back to basics and get low bar squatting. Shoulder mobility is not there yet (first session yesterday) but racked 5x5 @BW to at least leave with a rounded number.

Think I need to re-address my wrist position / rotation, my setup has always been for a high bar squat until now.

Benching is pretty different after a few weeks off too! Back and Chest sore today already.

Felt good to be back though!
    Whats your reasoning to switch to low-bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

180kg deadlift :) Was totally unexpected. Did 175kg first and just said the worst I could do was fail it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

180kg deadlift :) Was totally unexpected. Did 175kg first and just said the worst I could do was fail it.

All right...stop pulling heavy and work on technique now before your daily achievement becomes getting out of bed by yourself...

• Advertisement

Beltless conventional stance deadlift with straps while standing on 3.5 inch blocks and wearing boots with a ~1 inch sole (so a pretty brutal 4.5 inch deficit)
    210 kg x 1.

Have done 220 for 1 before with the same setup except with a sumo stance.

All right...stop pulling heavy and work on technique now before your daily achievement becomes getting out of bed by yourself...

I know, I wasn't expecting to pull heavy, we just kept adding weight to the bar:pac:

Bench Press
    112.5 kg. PR.

Sangre wrote: »
    Whats your reasoning to switch to low-bar?

lift bigger numbers, improve shoulder flexibility (forced to in order to do it) and because Snr Rippetoe said so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

June 2012 I was 229lbs and so unhealthy, I could barely walk for 10 minutes without having to stop, today I weight 198 with a mostly toned body shape. Today I managed to bench 60kg for 3 sets of 12. I feel great and look so much better. I also managed to do 22km on the static bike in 44 mins 22 seconds.

Happy out with my progress. :) I dread to think what state I would be in if I didn't finally push myself to take that walk through the gym doors.

June 2012 I was 229lbs and so unhealthy, I could barely walk for 10 minutes without having to stop, today I weight 198 with a mostly toned body shape. Today I managed to bench 60kg for 3 sets of 12. I feel great and look so much better. I also managed to do 22km on the static bike in 44 mins 22 seconds.

Happy out with my progress. :) I dread to think what state I would be in if I didn't finally push myself to take that walk through the gym doors.
    Well done man keep it up!

• Advertisement

New PB on the bench 97.5kg. 100kg why do you mock me so. Next week is my last week for max attempts before i cycle back to volume for a couple of months. Happy with my number but really wanted that 100kg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

100x22 bench press pr after a long long break, delighted!

You like apples?
    Yea sure
    I just deadlifed 150kg, how do you like them apples?

I'd a great day today.

122.5kg power clean

127.5kg x3 bench

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Deadlift vid from last Thursday, this was the first of 3 triples with 250kg.

• Advertisement

Jesus your strength off the floor is deadly.

Spent two hours working on my deadlift form today. Not anything major but a huge achievement for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Went for a run yesterday instead of the gym, set out along the beach and just kept going. Completed a round trip of 21.15km in 1h44m - knees are sore today though!

(Sandymount strand to the end of Dun Laoghaire pier and back)

Some more low bar squatting yesterday. Still struggling with the wrists, feel like I'm taking weight on them instead of pressing the bar into my back with them.

Will try get the elbows further under the bar and not pop a shoulder in doing so.

Also drilled deadlifts for a while and videoed the form. Poisonous. Back to basics with it I think.

Last week i took an overdue week off and eas back to training last night for my favourate day, chest day! About 10 mins before i ledt for the gym kids knocked on the door and said their basketball went over the wall so i got it for them. I threw the ball back out and what ever way i did it i hurt my feckin elbow :( could not even lower the 12.5 kg dumbells without being in agony....

Pissed off and gonna call it quits i ended up doin a pretty savage leg session without deadlifts or back squats, 70 front squats later i could barely walk but i finished me session and cant walk properly today, result! :)

Elbow still in bits tho...

lift bigger numbers, improve shoulder flexibility (forced to in order to do it) and because Snr Rippetoe said so.

Does Ripp still advise people to look down for squatting? Wouldn't agree with that myself.

65kg OHP. Slowly getting closer to that BW OHP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ripped two pairs of tights in the last week trying to pull them over my ass.

Woohoo my ass is growing!!

4.5 inch deficit conv. deadlift, double overhand, non hook grip, no straps:
    200 kg x 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭COH

BrianD3 wrote: »
    4.5 inch deficit conv. deadlift, double overhand, non hook grip, no straps:
    200 kg x 1

You could just start a log ;)

• Advertisement

65kg OHP. Slowly getting closer to that BW OHP.

Is this a military press with a barbell Ridley

stuchyg wrote: »
    Is this a military press with a barbell Ridley

Sure is:)

Sure is:)

Fair Play Brother

COH wrote: »
    You could just start a log ;)
    Have one - well sort of!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055357316

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Managed 3x8 bodyweight dips for the first time lastnight..

All kinds of gainz :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

BW @ 83kg

BW + 60kg dips x 3
    BW + 45kg pullups x 3

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Vudgie

While not sceintific I have moved to the last hole on my belt after 4 weeks of intensive training.

Feeling great, and as the saying goes 'it is 4 weeks since my last Coke'!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

230kg backsquat today, 25kg increase since the start of april. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

70kg Dumbbell rows

It's always a good idea to hit random PBs while cutting. Its a good way of fooling yourself into thinking your getting stronger while losing weight and is good for motivation. Hahahahaa take that stupid brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

JJayoo wrote: »
    70kg Dumbbell rows

Class... wish my gym had 70's... can you bench them?

Advertisement