Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergies driving me nuts!

Options
  • 10-01-2013 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

I have allergies, but dont know what to as of yet.

Am attending Beaumont Hospital for tests on Monday next and have been told to go off my antihistamines for a 5-7 days before then so came off them on Monday past and now am just in bits.

My skin is so itchy everywhere at once, I have a rash on my neck and just over my boobs and now my lips feel slightly swollen.

Anyone suggest what I can do to ease this coz doubt I will sleep between now and Monday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,

Why dont you give Beaumont Hospital a call.

I know if you take an antihistamine it screws up the test

We have a daugther who attends the allergy clinic in Beaumont.

They are a great team. Very helpful

Good luck with it.

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Felt okish most of today until about an hour ago when got really bad cramps like I do when I drink anything milky and its too late to ring them now. Will have to ring tomorrow. Thanks Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

To e honest your allergies sound bad ,, leaving out your medication could be dangerous.make sure you have them at hand in case you need them any shortness if breath or tingling of the tounge or face area don't take a chance .

Carry them with me at all times coz that has happened before. I have a tingling sensation in my face for last few days and as an asthmatic have a bit of wheezing but am actually not as bad as I thought I would be. Thought when my lips started to swell the other day that it would escalate much quicker but that said I am being extremely careful of what I eat etc, basically all natural foods and water for last few days just in case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

How did u get on for tests? what were there? skin prick, patch test? You should probably also try a diet elimination test.

• Advertisement

No tests. They just looked at the bloods they took almost a year ago and told me to take anti-histamines! Thats basically it. They were lovely but am no wiser as to what am allergic to other than house dust mite but you cant fully eliminate them so its meds for me for possibly the rest of my days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Try diet, namely dairy and wheat./gluten.

Yeah think will have to go down that route. Had wanted to see what they would come up with first. I dont really eat dairy tbh except cheese. I love cheese. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Based on allergy testing for asthma and related symptoms (incl itchyness) I would recommend http://www.clontarfclinic.com/allergy/

My wife attended Vincents, Blackrock and (I think) the Mater and we found the Clontarf by far and away the most helpful and thorough. Zero connection other than a happy customer.

Advertisement