Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pacific Row -Adventure of a lifetime...Partner needed!

Options
  • 10-01-2013 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I'm competing in the first Pacific rowing race in June 2014, from California to Hawaii. I'm currently looking for a rowing partner, rowing experience is NOT necessary! All I ask is committment and a bit of craic along the way:)
    Send me a message if interested!

PS Heres a link to the race website, any questions feel free to contact me

http://www.newoceanwave.com/

Best Wishes,

Yours in Rowing,
    Philip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

Philip are you sick... You'd need to be even consider something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PhilipCavanagh

dekbhoy wrote: »
    Philip are you sick... You'd need to be even consider something like that?

Is that a no then derkbhoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

Is that a no then derkbhoy?

I have done a few long rows in my time , max 30 Kms, I swore I would never be so foolish again. Very demanding!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

im not into rowing.. but put some details up boat, trip lenght, cost, so people the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

That sound unbelieveable Philip..If I didnt have other comitments I'd love a bash..

Best of luck..:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

If I was going to row for 50-60 days over 2100 nautical miles across a section of the World’s largest ocean :eek: I think I would be looking for someone with years of experience at rowing and a list of water safety certificates, I would also be looking for a medical cert from them before I forked out around €100.000 for the boat and all the equipment. If you haven't done anything like this before Philip maybe have a go at the Irish sea first and see how you find that. I also think a years training will not be enough to get a body into shape for this type of challenge.
    I wish you the best of luck if you do decide to do it and hope you keep us posted.

Advertisement