Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MISSING PERSON PAUL BYRNE

• 10-01-2013 1:36am

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1227/gardai-in-dublin-issue-appeal-for-missing-man.html

Additional picture here

Gardaí in Dublin are seeking help in tracing the whereabouts of a 24-year-old man.

Paul Byrne was last seen at approximately 3am on Christmas morning on Sandy Lane in Rush.

He is described as 1.67m (5ft 5in) tall, of thin build with blue eyes and short, light brown hair. When last seen he was wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and a short black Ralph Lauren jacket.

Anyone with information should contact Balbriggan Garda Station on 01-8020510, the garda confidential telephone line 1800-666-111 or any garda station.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks for this whoops, fingers crossed he is found alive and well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I hope he is found well.

I'm noticing a serious trend in the missing persons pictures in Dublin. Men in their 20's, fair brown/red hair, blue eyes. Quite a few times now. Has anyone else seen this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I hope he is found well.

I'm noticing a serious trend in the missing persons pictures in Dublin. Men in their 20's, fair brown/red hair, blue eyes. Quite a few times now. Has anyone else seen this?

You're describing the majority of Irish men in their twenties there? Not sure what you're getting at tbh.

Hope he's found safe and well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

You're describing the majority of Irish men in their twenties there? Not sure what you're getting at tbh.

Hope he's found safe and well.

I guess you're right in that regard. Though most I know are brown eyed etc, but yeah it's pretty vague. I just thought a lot of the men on the missing photos looked similar to each other, in some cases very similar. Like there is a predator out there with a type. Nobody with brown/green/grey eyes or black hair, dark brown hair etc. Nearly always ginger or very light brown.

I'm probably being stupid and alarmist, but I've been noticing it for a fair while now. That said, I don't know how many were found or what happened to them.

Obviously I'm hoping I'm being stupid, and that he is found well and safe.

If anything in this post is inappropriate just let me know and I'll tear them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I hope he is found safe and well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

the herald had a renewed appeal yesterday but aside from that the poor lad hasn't been given a mention since new years day,his birthday.the gossipmongers around balbriggan seem to think he has been found,which of course is untrue.come home safe lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Charlie52637

There is going to be a search for Paul Byrne on Saturday 12/01/2013 meeting at south beach car park at 12noon. Please if anybody can make it we really need your help and it would mean a lot to Paul's family if you came to help. His family and friends are missing him terribly :-( we really need him home. So please spread the word about the search, thank you

There is going to be a search for Paul Byrne on Saturday 12/01/2013 meeting at south beach car park at 12noon. Please if anybody can make it we really need your help and it would mean a lot to Paul's family if you came to help. His family and friends are missing him terribly :-( we really need him home. So please spread the word about the search, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Where's South Beach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

South beach is the beach down past St. Joseph's school in Rush

• Advertisement

Brownacid has it right

'South beach is the beach down past St. Joseph's school in Rush'

Please if you are free come down and give us a help in finding him and ask others to come to, thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

I'm sure these avenues have been pursued by I'd like to ask anyway:

Is his passport still at home?
    Any mobile phone activity?
    Any ATM/bank account activity?

Can anybody access his email account(s)?

Paul's phone has been dead since late Christmas day, and I'm guessing the passport would of been one of the first things the guards checked and as for the bank would the guards not check that aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Im praying that Mr. Byrne is found safe and well!!!!!

Peace and love to everyone looking for him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Any news on Paul yet?

abacus120 wrote: »
    Any news on Paul yet?
    haven't heard anything in the media or around the area sadly.

abacus120 wrote: »
    Any news on Paul yet?

Nothin yet, Pauls family are still carrying out searches with the civil defence,it was 4weeks yesterday and we are missing him more than ever and just want him home

Nothin yet, Pauls family are still carrying out searches with the civil defence,it was 4weeks yesterday and we are missing him more than ever and just want him home
    Really hope you find him soon,must be so hard,thoughts are with you all x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Just a suggestion but would it help to un-sticky this thread? I know I rarely look at the stickied threads and normally just scroll down past them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

it would dissappear off the front page considering the amount of traffic AH gets

• Advertisement

It would help to make threads like this BOLD (Or in a different colour round it) -- They do this on another VBB site im on for some threads and they really stick out well....

Here is one such thread

http://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Notice the sticky @ the top in a different colour!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

The news about Paul is going to be on Crimecall this week. This should hopefully bring some publicity about Paul's disappearance and maybe the family can finally get some answers.

I really hope Paul's family are bearing up ok. So so sad for everyone involved.

I hope it isnt anything bad,poor paul :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Anymore news on Paul byrne ?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭hames

hmm, I wouldn;t have heard if this if it weren't for this thread.

understandable from a busy Garda viewpoint, perhaps, but lack of coverage must be highly frustrating for the family.

Hope he is found alright.

realies wrote: »
    Anymore news on Paul byrne ?
    No news yet, there will be another search for him on Saturday in the rush area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Where is the search starting from?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

The Civil Defence were out in Rush and Rogerstown today. fair play to these guys/girls they sure do put in a great effort.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/11208_618982881448927_705428798_n.jpg

I sure hope nothing bad has happened to this guy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Looks like Paul's remains were found today.
    Rest in Peace.

www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/body-of-man-recovered-from-sea-585789.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Sad news if it is indeed Paul, as is believed.

Only positive being that it is good for the family to get some closure.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Looks like Paul's remains were found today.
    Rest in Peace.

www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/body-of-man-recovered-from-sea-585789.html
    Ah no.

Awful news, while good for his family to get some closure, what awful closure it will be if indeed it is him. I can't remember the last missing person sticky (that's an awful way to put it) on here that didn't end in tragedy.

Whatever the cause, it's a dreadful loss for his family, and very sad to see yet another young life lost in this country.

I hope his family get all the support they need now and in the funeral, if it is Paul, (unlikely it's not given it's reported as it is)

May he rest in peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Very saddened to hear this. :(

R.I.P Paul.

Wow im very sad to hear this!!!!!

Poor Paul!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

My thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

And of course with the poor fishermen who found him ... must have been some ordeal. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Trace (missing person charity) have confirmed that the remains found are Paul. may he rest in peace.

RIP Paul Byrne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

R.I.P. Paul. My thoughts are with his friends and family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Rest in Peace. God bless him, his family and his friends. Its terribly sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Sad news indeed. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Ah no. Very sad news. His family have been on my mind today.

RIP Paul. There will be a candle lit for you tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭7 7 12

Said a prayer for Paul and his family at mass today, RIP

rest in peace Paulie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Ah no, was always checking in to see if there were any updates on him :(

Horrible for those poor fishermen.

RIP Paul. Very sad to hear this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Safe journey buddy. RIP.

So sorry to hear this news,really hoped it would have a happy ending,am glad his family have him home,may he RIP x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Unimaginably awful news. R.I.P Paul... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 minminadam

poor guy, rip

Advertisement