Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

formula at 9 months

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering how much formula should a 9 month old be on. She's feeding on three meals and 4 bottles. I know its the amount not the quantity so just wondering. Her menu reads around...

5oz when wakes
    Breakfast of an orange, porridge, half slice toast
    5oz bottle and nap
    Yogurt/spaghetti/cheesey pasta
    6oz bottle nap
    Dinner what ever we having
    8oz bottle before bed.

She drinks about ten oz water/juice too

Loves her grub but loves bop bop too

Is this too much formula??

She sleeps thru. Usually ten or eleven hrs. Happy baby. But people have said she looks more like a one yr old. I'm afraid I may be over feeding her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

The minimun is 18oz with a varied weaning diet but if your baby is happy to take more that's fine & she's obviously content doing so.
    I wouldn't mind what people say, around this age most babies are cubby as the are eating more solids but are usually not too active as most are just learning to crawel. As soon as she starts walking she will burn that off. I would say it would be v.hard to overfeed a 9 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

If she's happy with that, I would leave it.
    Our pediatrician said that there is no need to worry about your baby being overweight until at least 12 months or when they are walking properly.

Advertisement