Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uniflu 12's €6.99? - Not sure if expensive or about right on price?

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I am not too sure if this is a rip off or not... have not been able to check as i am currently suffering at home from man-flu! :D so am looking to see if others have come across the price i got this for...

I asked my other half to get me Uniflu in a local chemist on her way home as i have used it before and its good for flu symptoms but when i saw the price at €6.99 for a box of 12 (not really 12 - 6 tabs of uniflu and 6 of the vit c in the pack) i thought this was a bit steep in price. I know its flu season, but i cant remember paying that much before?

Is this a bit high or on average with other places?

Thanks for any help on this one... am thinking myself its a bit expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Access wrote: »
    I am not too sure if this is a rip off or not... have not been able to check as i am currently suffering at home from man-flu! :D so am looking to see if others have come across the price i got this for...

I asked my other half to get me Uniflu in a local chemist on her way home as i have used it before and its good for flu symptoms but when i saw the price at €6.99 for a box of 12 (not really 12 - 6 tabs of uniflu and 6 of the vit c in the pack) i thought this was a bit steep in price. I know its flu season, but i cant remember paying that much before?

Is this a bit high or on average with other places?

Thanks for any help on this one... am thinking myself its a bit expensive.
    A ten pack of lemsip should be about €5 and might be better for colds and flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Its pretty expensive alright.

Uniflu is just paracetamol with a shot of Vit C.

Neither of which are in rare supply.

But of a rip-off I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

In my experience pretty much everything you buy in a chemist is a rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Paid just under €11 for 24 Uniflu-Plus last week in chemist..

.. €6.99 for 12 regular Uniflu is pricey enough I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Its pretty expensive alright.

Uniflu is just paracetamol with a shot of Vit C.

Neither of which are in rare supply.

But of a rip-off I think.

Not true, it has a decongestant, anti-histamine and caffeine as well in it. Uniflu in general is a bit of a rip-off, you're paying over the odds for the Vitamin C tablets that make up half the pack. Most other cold and flu products are better value, or just buying paracetamol and a decongestant separately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement