Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School boy age 16 stabbed in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

any idea who got stabbeb sure hope the lad is ok and recovers well.
    at least the guards have the stabber who ever the hell he is:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    This is terrible, anyone know anything about it;

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0110/man-questioned-over-drogheda-schoolboy-stabbing.html

Hope the boy is ok. My kids would often be on the town after school, doesn't bear thinking about.

Off topic Sorry!

"on the town" is this expression peculiar to Drogheda, or is it also said in other towns? I've heard going down town and up town, but I have only heard this expression in Drogheda.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

This is terrible, anyone know anything about it;

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0110/man-questioned-over-drogheda-schoolboy-stabbing.html

Hope the boy is ok. My kids would often be on the town after school, doesn't bear thinking about.
    No details of this incident are to be posted while a Garda investigation is in process and prior to any court proceedings. Any details given about this incident without a link to the source will result in bans.

C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Young lad charged earlier today,was on bail at the time of the incident.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0111/drogheda-schoolboy-stabbing.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Locals might recognise the guy charged by his nickname "Giggles"

Pure scumbag. He was on bail when this happened, according to the indo and the irish times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

According to those articles this young chap has drink AND alcohol problems. Wow, what a mess.

And since when is 'boxed' the best word to be using in journalism? It wasn't a quote, the 'journalist' simply used it instead of 'punched'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Hondo75 wrote: »
    Why isnt he in jail? how long did he do out of that three years?

6 months?

What a fcuking joke

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Off topic Sorry!

"on the town" is this expression peculiar to Drogheda, or is it also said in other towns? I've heard going down town and up town, but I have only heard this expression in Drogheda.

I must be more of a Drogheda head than I thought, I didn't even notice that I used this expression. I think because Drogheda is a valley you usually have to walk down some hill to get to West Street, unless you live on the Quays usually in Drogheda we would say down town. Up town is more a Dublin thing I think. So you go down town but once you are there you are on the town!

You could start another thread a Drogheda (Drawda) Dicitonary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I must be more of a Drogheda head than I thought, I didn't even notice that I used this expression. I think because Drogheda is a valley you usually have to walk down some hill to get to West Street, unless you live on the Quays usually in Drogheda we would say down town. Up town is more a Dublin thing I think. So you go down town but once you are there you are on the town!

You could start another thread a Drogheda (Drawda) Dicitonary

On the town is used in Dundalk, as is up town. On the town is often used elsewhere, as I have heard it in several places around the country. I think people need to get out more. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

On the town is used in Dundalk, as is up town. On the town is often used elsewhere, as I have heard it in several places around the country. I think people need to get out more. :)

Well, I haven't heard it in Dundalk, but if you say you say it, that's good enough for me.
    Every time I hear it, I think it sounds odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Andy!! wrote: »
    And since when is 'boxed' the best word to be using in journalism? It wasn't a quote, the 'journalist' simply used it instead of 'punched'.

Really annoying when journalists write poorly - where is the editor to have a chat. The use of 'cops' really bugs me too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well, I haven't heard it in Dundalk, but if you say you say it, that's good enough for me.
    Every time I hear it, I think it sounds odd.
    I am Dundalk born and bred and I have heard, and used, the expression almost weekly for more than 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Why he wasnt charged with attempted murder is peculiar.
    Is it a case of charging him with something that he will definitely be found guilty for, or is there some procedure that they dont want to bother with had it have been a charge of attempted murder?

Advertisement