Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure parking in Tullyvale/Cherywood

Options
  • 10-01-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Howdy

I'm getting a new motorbike shortly and am really keen to keep it in secure parking. I live in Gleann na Ri just beside Tullyvale off the Cherrywood roundabout. I used to live in Blackrock and my last bike was literally lifted off the front street while I was out. So I'm pretty keen for this one not to meet the same fate.

I know that the residents in Tullyvale beside us have an underground gated secure car park and I'll be putting up fliers to see if anyone is willing to lease a spare spot. Can anyone suggest an alternative failing that or buying a house?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You could get a ground anchor installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Id be inclined to put a ground anchor in somewhere less conspicious.

I used to live out there at the ramparts and had an underground.

I hate to point this out but in general undergrounds can be less safe as it gives thieves a hidden area to operate in.

Ground anchor is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 macmurchu

Would there be any problems with that in terms of management companies? I live in rented accommodation with a communal carpark in the centre of the area

• Registered Users Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭listermint

macmurchu wrote: »
    Would there be any problems with that in terms of management companies? I live in rented accommodation with a communal carpark in the centre of the area

Of course there can be, i was just giving best example for safety of the bike. The logistics of it you will have to look into.

best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 macmurchu

I guess the ideal would be to put a ground anchor in an underground space if I get one! Would protect the bike from the elements too. Do you know of anywhere else in the area with secure parking?

• Advertisement
Advertisement