Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Name Suggestions

Options
  • 10-01-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi All,

My brother is setting up a business doing glass splashbacks and all
    things relating to glass.

Like most people the biggest thing is getting the name right so I thought you kind people on boards might throw up a few suggestions on business names for him.

No matter how stupid you might think it sounds we dont mind we want to here what your suggestions are as we may be able to make up a name out of all the suggestions.

This would be a big help and we appreciate your efforts in responiding.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Acme. Nothing has ever gone wrong with any company called acme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭bon ami

"SMASHING GLASS"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'd make glass a play on similar sounding words (like for example class: 'glassmates', or 'a glass act')

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fruitman

I had to come up with a name for a new company recently and it is quite important to get it right. CLEAR SOLUTIONS could be good

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

Thanks guys for the suggestions and approaches I will keep them in mind and hopefully we can come up with a decent and memorable name.

Keep them coming....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Naming a business properly is a very difficult task.

Make the name sound too frivolous and you lose potential customers.

Make the name sound too serious / expensive and you lose potential customers.

Finding a middle ground name, that is memorable and catchy without it being boring, can be very very difficult.

jetsonx wrote: »
    Naming a business properly is a very difficult task.

Make the name sound too frivolous and you lose potential customers.

Make the name sound too serious / expensive and you lose potential customers.

Finding a middle ground name, that is memorable and catchy without it being boring, can be very very difficult.

I know this is why we are looking for peoples suggestions so hopefully from all that respond we can come up with something suitable.

google is a fantastic tool but it also highlights all of the names you cant use, we have been doing this for a while now and came up with many that we thought were the one but others had these names already.

We have to persevere and Im sure it will come eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Splash'n'Glass

or Splash and Glass

Thanks Trad that has a bit of a ring to it alright will defo keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

A touch of glass

Glassmiths

Shear Glass

Simply Glass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Glass Works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Glass Bits.

Glass Craft.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Mr Glass (that's what the kids used to call me...they knew)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

A lot of the previous names are great but some are already used. Good luck with the naming process.

Getting the name correct is very important but I wouldn't say it's the "most important factor"

I know someone in a similar type of business and for them it's all about price, quality and speed/efficiency of service. For them a memorable name is not "as" important as keeping their "reseller/agent" reputation intact.

So in my opinion, yes get the name right, but get teamed up with some partners who'll use your services. It sounds like a very trade related service (which is good), but perhaps I'm wrong.

Retail sales is a lot of work and hassle for very little money and thanks/loyalty. Try hook up with quality resellers and save yourselves a lot of hassle.

Best of Luck. I hope it goes well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't forget your website domain name. You can have the best company name around but if the domain isn't available it can hurt down the line. Send me a pm of you'd like some advice.

Thank you all for your responses and even though most are already used its the fact that you have taken the time to respond and make suggestions is very helpful.

It is true the name is not the only factor to consider and the business side of things is being thought of in terms of approach and strategy.

The business is very trade related and as you say the main thing is to get hooked up with kitchen companies, bathroom companies and try to promote the service that way as well as his own advertising and eventually a website to promote the business further.

but without the right name he cant get rolling as without it he has no name to promote.

Again thank you all for your responses keep them coming.

• Site Banned Posts: 48 daddymac90

glass house

splashing glass to get some ass

dahamsta wrote: »
    Don't forget your website domain name. You can have the best company name around but if the domain isn't available it can hurt down the line. Send me a pm of you'd like some advice.

Thanks we are aware of the domain name requirements but without the name its also pointless looking at domain names.

Appreciate the offer all the same.

Sorry, but no. These days you research both. If your business is going to be primarily operated online, in many cases you should start from the domain name and work back.

• Site Banned Posts: 48 daddymac90

Sorry, but no. These days you research both. If your business is going to be primarily operated online, in many cases you should start from the domain name and work back.

splashing glass to get some ass

• Advertisement

I'd imagine that's available in all top level domains...

I get what your saying.

We are in fact doing these things simultaneously so its not being ignored.

Thanks for the pointers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Glacier Kitchen Crafts

Ok so its ice but says clean, natural and is a glazier spelt with a C. I put craft into it rather then splash backs as it allows expansion into custom glass worktops and table tops etc.

It would also make a nice logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Glacier Kitchen Crafts

Ok so its ice but says clean, natural and is a glazier spelt with a C. I put craft into it rather then splash backs as it allows expansion into custom glass worktops and table tops etc.

It would also make a nice logo.

Me likey! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Best answer so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Has the jury decided yet?

Hi All,

Thank you to the people that have taken the time to suggest names even the funny ones and suggestions on set up approach from some quarters.

Unfortunately a lot of the names suggested have either been taken, used before or couldnt be used.

He has chosen his name and as soon as he is set up I will let you know what it is, just to be on the safe side.

Niether of us realsed how hard it would be to find the right name, I guess the point is there is no right name but one that you feel comfortable with using as a business name and getting out there promoting yourself.

Again thanks for all your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭abbeyrock

Bear in Mind where you are going to advertise your business as a lot of directories run alphabetically so having a clever name beginning with "A" may be a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Master Glass
    Glass Masters ( If going for something catchy)

Ice glass (or glazz) "Glass for contemporary living" (If going for a bigger web presence)

Modern Glass Supplies ( If going for whole sale or trade sales)

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Sorry its took so long in coming back on this to confirm but he has been rather busy getting his business together.

He has finally come up with his name and that is vivaglass.

We felt it was short enough and has some life to the name which
    is both memorable and resembles the lively colours in the splashbacks and coloured glass.

He now has a website called www.vivaglass.ie which I hope is ok to put up here, if not I will take it down.

Again thanks to all that contributed to the name suggestions.

Thanks

Advertisement