Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interstellar (Christopher Nolan) *SPOILERS FROM POST 458 ONWARDS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Normally try to stay away from trailers of films I want to see but all this discussion is making me really curious!

Does it give much away?

No - it sets up the premise of the film, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Good trailer, looks like they only used the first 20-30 mins of the movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

"That's what I like about light-speed travel;
    everyone else gets older, I stay the same age."
    - Matthew McConaughey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Is Jessica Chastain his daughter now aged?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Skerries wrote: »
    Is Jessica Chastain his daughter now aged?

She looks to be wearing the same jacket we see McCounaghy wear earlier in the trailer so I'm guessing yes .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Adamantium wrote: »

One of the best trailers I've ever seen. It establishes the premise and characters, but doesn't blow its load. I think this should be the last trailer, and that audiences should be able to discover the rest of the film along with the characters. I think if they release another trailer revealing what lies "beyond" that it would be doing a huge disservice to the story.

Its a good trailer as it teases the story .
    Too many studios feel the need to spoil the whole plot in trailers to get people to watch things.

I'm sure we will see a much more spoiler heavy trailer though come September or October.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Wow great trailer love the emotional scenes between Cooper and his daughter! Can't wait I'd actually get up to see it at 5am to watch this like Nolan did with TDKR!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

When the release date for this.Not going to watch Any tv spots or trailers from here on in.

When the release date for this.Not going to watch Any tv spots or trailers from here on in.

November!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Trailer uses a score from V For Vendetta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

She looks to be wearing the same jacket we see McCounaghy wear earlier in the trailer so I'm guessing yes .

Sounds about right.
    I've heard that in spite of his prominence in the trailers he's not in the film all that much.

I hope they have Kip Thorne (the physicist who's theories the wormwhole and script is based on) doing a commentary on the blu ray.

Brian Cox doing a commentary of my favourite things about Sunshine and that movie is much less scientifically accurate than this will be (probably).

He was the scientific advisor for that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I drank two bottles of "Dreamy Sleepy Nighty Snoozy Snooze" to speed up the wait.
    Is it November yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

just blew my mind, it looks epic and just totally got me excited. Plus it could be a good classic tearjerker too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

By the by, it sounds like Caine is playing a refined Brit type for once instead of the geezer he usually plays for Nolan. :pac:

Well.

I think I may have to travel to London to see this in a proper IMAX screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They will hardly do a synchronised release like they did with TDKR, even if they did I'd still get up to see it at 5am!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

full trailer hasn't got me excited
    it just seems to be entirely about him choosing to leave his family to save humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Saw a trailer for this before Godzilla and it looks really boring. That said it is only a trailer but it doesnt look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Warper wrote: »
    Saw a trailer for this before Godzilla and it looks really boring. That said it is only a trailer but it doesnt look good.

Trailer ends when he enters a black hole! That's boring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

KilOit wrote: »

Transformers, Spiderman and just about any other big blockbuster movie have ruined trailers for some people. If something's not exploding or the Inception horn isn't blaring, it's boring.

This trailer is a proper good trailer. Gives you the premise and teases the epic nature of what's to come.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Transformers, Spiderman and just about any other big blockbuster movie have ruined trailers for some people. If something's not exploding or the Inception horn isn't blaring, it's boring.

This trailer is a proper good trailer. Gives you the premise and teases the epic nature of what's to come.

On a side note, Hans Zimmer will be doing something completely different for a change

From Wikipedia:

Composer Hans Zimmer, who scored Nolan's Batman film trilogy, is scoring Interstellar. Zimmer and Nolan plan to move away from the trilogy's scores and to come up with a unique one. Zimmer said, "The textures, the music, and the sounds, and the thing we sort of created has sort of seeped into other people's movies a bit, so it's time to reinvent. The endless string [ostinatos] need to go by the wayside, the big drums are probably in the bin."

Don't dare read the youtube comments

"But that's stupid,
    we need engineers for farming, why would he say that, a load of enviormental bullcrap"
    No it meant that the surplus of tv's and the like aren't that important to direct resources towards when people are starving worldwide and are struggling with fundamental needs besides those that involve entertainment;
    can't people interpret or take the hint at all anymore, without saying this is bull**** off the cuff?

Picard-facepalm-o.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Adamantium wrote: »
    Don't dare read the youtube comments [...]

Who in their right mind reads YouTube comments? That way madness lies.

Nope, the trailer wasn't particularly 'exciting' in the sense that it had lots of action beats and explosions, but personally I got excited because it teased the film's ideas, it suggested and hinted while keeping the central mystery intact. I mean no wonder something like Amazing Spiderman 2 financially underperformed, why would you attend the cinema when its trailers gave you nearly every plot beat.

I'm still utterly stoked about Interstellar precisely because I still know so little, beyond the cast list and those behind the lens (Kip Thorne as executive producer? Ha, awesome).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Don't worry, WB will market the fùck out of the movie with 34 trillion TV spots, clips, and more trailers like they did with Inception which also started it's market in an enigma but ended up having so many of it scenes shown.

One example was pretty much the entire hallway fight scene on Jimmy Fallon, I think.

If this was directed by an unknown director then you would agree its a boring trailer.

Btw J ultimate posted a great post about trailers in the Godzilla thread which i agree with. Trailers give way too much away these days and i try to avoid trailers and reviews until i have seen the film. Better to go into a film blind. Damn cinema trailers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

If this was directed by an unknown director then you would agree its a boring trailer.

Btw J ultimate posted a great post about trailers in the Godzilla thread which i agree with. Trailers give way too much away these days and i try to avoid trailers and reviews until i have seen the film. Better to go into a film blind. Damn cinema trailers

You complain that trailers give away too much but when a trailer like this comes along, only teasing the premise, you call it boring. There's no pleasing some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How's it a boring trailer when its doing exactly what you want? doesnt give away anything past the basic premise.

A classic example of a good trailer that doesnt give much away is Under the Skin. That is a trailer.

Just because a trailer doesnt give much away does not mean it is a good trailer. There is good and bad in everything. I stand by my point that this trailer is boring.

I also stand by my point that if this film was directed by an unknown then more people would agree that this is a boring trailer.

Seems to me that as this is directed by Nolan that people are on autopilot saying how great this is no matter what it looks like. Obv massive blind love here for Nolan.

• Advertisement

A classic example of a good trailer that doesnt give much away is Under the Skin. That is a trailer.

Just because a trailer doesnt give much away does not mean it is a good trailer. There is good and bad in everything. I stand by my point that this trailer is boring.

I also stand by my point that if this film was directed by an unknown then more people would agree that this is a boring trailer.

Seems to me that as this is directed by Nolan that people are on autopilot saying how great this is no matter what it looks like. Obv massive blind love here for Nolan.

Or maybe some people are actually capable of looking beyond the names attached and forming an opinion on what's in front of them? Ah but it's different than your opinion so they must be Nolan fanboys.

Advertisement