Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interstellar (Christopher Nolan) *SPOILERS FROM POST 458 ONWARDS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Having some serious Interstellar withdrawal and listening to:

is not enough! :P

Does anybody know when the Blu-Ray is planned for release? Or even an estimated release date?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

March I believe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Falthyron wrote: »
    Having some serious Interstellar withdrawal

Same dude! Dying to see it again! Always listening to the soundtrack. If you haven't seen this already, here is a full score:

http://www.paramountguilds.com/interstellar/score/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Same dude! Dying to see it again! Always listening to the soundtrack. If you haven't seen this already, here is a full score:

http://www.paramountguilds.com/interstellar/score/

Nice! Have this on now while I work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Still in the process of reading the book by Kip Thorne and the novelization - looking forward to the Blu-Ray - if it is in March it will be in time for my birthday - I loved this movie though my 4 year son is proving to be more than an astronomy addict like his mummy than my 3 year old girl but she still has time. I never got to follow that dream of being a professional astronomer - maybe later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I've always been a bit of an Astronomy geek which is why I found this film to be really interesting. I might just get that book by Kip Thorne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I genuinely can't wait to watch it again. I missed the last showing in my local cinema so will have to wait for the small screen release. That full score website is the first time I've listened to the soundtrack without the movie and it just reminds me how good it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Gives me goosebumps

Some sites are saying March 10 for the bluRay release - seems a bit early to me but I hope so , it's still on on local cinemas for me :)

great thing about VO cinemas here - they show the films for longer - seriously tempted to go see it a 4th time ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

DVDs and blurays usually release about 3 months after they leave cinemas so I'd say late February/early March is right...and the bluray rips usually come out about 2-3 weeks before the official release

Ill buy 2 copies ... one for backup :P

This is amazing ... **** it ... im going to see it next week ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTRZpD8Gmg0

• Advertisement

Damn you! I'm dying to see this again. Barcelona got an IMAX screen I can visit? :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Damn you! I'm dying to see this again. Barcelona got an IMAX screen I can visit? :P

There actually is lol, the one at the port is a true IMAX

There actually is lol, the one at the port is a true IMAX

But it's just shut down
    Plus it wasn't showing it anyway

the_monkey wrote: »
    But it's just shut down
    Plus it wasn't showing it anyway

It's shut down? For good or just during winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,574 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

As posted before March 10th in the US, we might get it same day, I'm hoping there will be a nice steel book version released.

It's shut down? For good or just during winter?

For good afaik

Zimmer didn't win best score at the Globes, what is this nonsense???? If he doesn't win the Oscar for it I will be quite internet angry! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

For anyone keen to experience the film in all its widescreen glory, Interstellar is going to be screened in 70mm at the IFI this February.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Catcher7791

Did they get a 70mm projector just for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

One last viewing couldn't hurt!
    Already looking forward to catching it again.

It was the first movie since The Dark Knight that I saw twice in the cinema.
    It will now be the first movie I've seen three times since Toy Story!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did they get a 70mm projector just for that?

They already had one.

They already had one.

They just didn't have the 70mm film when it first came out then?

They just didn't have the 70mm film when it first came out then?

It looks like the film's distributor is only now letting the print be used:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-30715345

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There was probably only a couple of non-IMAX 70mm prints made and they would have gone to 70mm-equipped London multiplexes that showed the film on celluloid 2 days early - a token gesture obviously part of Nolan’s contract. That was never going to happen over here since the only Dublin cinemas capable of showing it on film were the IFI and the Lighthouse. Warners weren’t going to go to the expensive of making an additional 70mm print only for the IFI to show it once a day for a week. Besides, the multiples would never have allowed it.

70mm IMAX ?

the_monkey wrote: »
    70mm IMAX ?

No, just regular 70mm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

IFI never get 70mm on release. Their promised screenings of the Master never transpired (although I saw it in London and even then the print was showing signs of wear and tear).

IFI never get 70mm on release. Their promised screenings of the Master never transpired (although I saw it in London and even then the print was showing signs of wear and tear).

That 70mm print of 'The Master' didn't show anywhere outside of London, so there must have been some issue with the distributor not allowing use of the print.

• Advertisement

I'd love to see the Master on 0 mm , it would do it a massive improvement ...

Advertisement