Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interstellar (Christopher Nolan) *SPOILERS FROM POST 458 ONWARDS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Wiki definition from my link : A predestination paradox (also called causal loop, causality loop, and, less frequently, closed loop or closed time loop)

^^Exactly, just as I said.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

So, is time like a flat circle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Ipso wrote: »
    So, is time like a flat circle?

Only when viewed from an nth dimensional perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So I've a chance to see this in 70mm
    But I've allready seen it 4 times and don't want to get sick of it .
    Plus the bluray coming out soon - but then again could be my last chance to see it in 70mm
    I'm torn , is 70mm worth it to see for a FIFTH time on big screen ?

First time in Spain in 70MM
    http://www.phenomena-experience.com/

Pic ....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

the_monkey wrote: »
    So I've a chance to see this in 70mm
    But I've allready seen it 4 times and don't want to get sick of it .
    Plus the bluray coming out soon - but then again could be my last chance to see it in 70mm
    I'm torn , is 70mm worth it to see for a FIFTH time on big screen ?

First time in Spain in 70MM
    http://www.phenomena-experience.com/

If you haven't seen it or any film in 70mm imax yet then you should go, it's an amazing format

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Are there certain cinemas that still show films months after their initial release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

If you haven't seen it or any film in 70mm imax yet then you should go, it's an amazing format

OK, someone will have to explain what's so amazing about it?
    I have never seen 70mm, not even too sure what it is...
    Love my movies but have always been happy enough at a normal screen

Are there certain cinemas that still show films months after their initial release?

Well this cinema shows classics in english with spanish subs, tonight they are showing Heat ... tomorrow Thelma + Louise and then True Romance.

Also it's not IMAX, it's 70MM .. like the Lighthouse was showing...

Well this cinema shows classics in english with spanish subs, tonight they are showing Heat ... tomorrow Thelma + Louise and then True Romance.

My bad, missed that

I'd like to see Heat in the cinema as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The 70MM Non IMAX I saw in the IFI was very nice, picture was crisp. Some print issues at times but it was very nice indeed. I've seen it 5 times & still thought it was awesome the 5th time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Does anyone know where I can pre-order the steelbook blu ray edition?

Is there one? The only special edition I know of is the Amazon digibook. I would've got a special edition if there was a decent one here but I ended up preordering the regular BD edition on HMV for €15.97 + delivery the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Something that has stuck with me since I saw the film 4 months ago, the scene with the room and bookshelf relating to the pocket of gravity, the watch and the direct connection through TIME AND SPACE. I feel like I'm the only person who immediately thought of this.

Superintendant Chalmers: The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interstellar-Limited-steelbook-twilight-productions/dp/B00UCEBJIQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1426581940&sr=1-2&keywords=interstellar+steelbook+blu+ray

I'm wondering what it has that the digibook doesn't for twice the price ?

Well it's a steelbook so will be more expensive, but £40 is ridiculous and it's an import version from a third party seller. I think I'll just get the digibook the artwork is so much better http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00S80X0E2/ref=gno_cart_title_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

A paradox in time travel is when casualty is violated. The classic example is the Grandfather paradox. Man travels back in time and kills his own grandfather, which is impossible because if he did kill his grandfather he wouldn’t have been born and couldn’t have travelled back in time and killed his grandfather.
    ya he could, kill him after his father is born

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

A paradox in time travel is when casualty is violated. The classic example is the Grandfather paradox. Man travels back in time and kills his own grandfather, which is impossible because if he did kill his grandfather he wouldn’t have been born and couldn’t have travelled back in time and killed his grandfather.
    don ramo wrote: »
    ya he could, kill him after his father is born

I blame the following post on painkillers, a bad back and lying on a couch watching time travel films on netflix for a week.

I read somewhere that the multiverse theory allows for every eventuality possible. So within the multiverse realm there exists all possible worlds for all possible events within your life.

Time travel is possible but not in the strictest sense of the term. There exists an earth of an hour/day/week ago now within the multiverse realm, so if you could travel between multiverses you could in theory time travel per say. You could travel to an earth where it is exactly like your earth but 40 years younger/ago. You kill your grandfather which effects that earths timeline but your multiverse earth continues as normal.

You could then, because all possibilities exist, travel to an another multiverse earth other than your original and see the consequences of an earth where your grandfather was killed and you were never born.

This also presupposes that there is another earth, where there is another me with a good back who would be embarrassed at the above and down the pub watching Arsenal hopefully score another two goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    This also presupposes that there is another earth, where there is another me with a good back who would be embarrassed at the above and down the pub watching Arsenal hopefully score another two goals.

what is this pub thing you mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

on sky store. £14 pounds u get it on planner and dvd sent to house. watching it now for 3rd time. just incredible....

• Advertisement

unplayable wrote: »
    on sky store. £14 pounds u get it on planner and dvd sent to house. watching it now for 3rd time. just incredible....

Needs to be watched on Blu Ray to do the film justice.

Needs to be watched on Blu Ray to do the film justice.
    needs to be watched in cinema to do it justice, IMAX preferably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Finally got around to watching this. I'm actually really upset about poor Kipp :(

I think he says "Please don't make me..." before he explodes. Fuck Mann. Don't think I've ever hated a Mat Damon character before.

This basically lol. I'm waiting for the bluray, then I'm gonna sit as close to the 55" as possible and it still won't be as good as seeing it in true imax lol.

I'm gutted I didn't watch this in the cinema.

also forgot matt damon is a prick LOL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No piracy discussion allowed. Any posts on the subject will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Catcher7791

The Lighthouse can't show 70mm,only the IFI can.

OK, I meant the IFI.

I'm going tomorrow to see this in 70MM ...

can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Jonathan Nolan’s Ending to INTERSTELLAR Made A Lot More Sense says Nerdist http://nerdist.com/jonathan-nolans-ending-to-interstellar-made-a-lot-more-sense/
    Jonathan Nolan's much more straight-forward ending "had the Einstien-Rosen bridge [colloquially, a wormhole] collapse when Cooper tries to send the data back."

So no tesseract (that was Christopher's idea), no time manipulation, and no return home. Nolan didn't elaborate on this point, but we might speculate that the original end to the movie was as dark and unforgiving as space.

does that not suggest the whole father daughter thing was somehwat less of a thing in the original script and its something Chris Nolan emphasised when he came to it.

yes read more of the piece and you see, Chris kept getting rid of the science bits... maybe that made it a better story ?

Advertisement