Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted for Wedding - Non Wedding Band

• 10-01-2013 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I'm getting married in Cork in August and we are basically looking for a non wedding band for our wedding. I am looking for a really good covers band that will play a good mix of music but I dont want the the standard playlist that most wedding bands seem to have. I just find the whole thing really cheesy including the matching outfits etc. So if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ger09

Pm sent there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 flinch2013

PM Sent.. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭shamsteak

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7 musicalcello

If you get any decent ideas I'd be very interested in hearing them. I'm getting married in July and on the look out for some good music too. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 gergriffin

Have a listen to Helena on Facebook
    Facebook.com/singerhelena. And give me a call if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 1Nirvana100

If you are looking for something a little quirky check out The Bugle Babes, a 1940's swing trio, performing at weddings and other events all over Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Heard a band called Amoric recently that were damn good. And there's a fantastic band called Bluemoose on the circuit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

CHeck out these guys they play in The Porterhouse Temple Bar most Saturdays

https://www.facebook.com/delorean80s?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

hey.... just a pointer and something to consider, book a band depending on your guests. you and your husband will be so busy on the day that you'll be dragged all over the place and will hardly get a chance to dance.

Just through experience, a full dancefloor means a great wedding for everyone... i've seen an excellent and very successful rock band being asked to stop after 5 songs because they didn't have a set to please the general audience, even tho the bride and groom loved them... the band were paid in full and the dj was put on for the night playing all the usual stuff to a full floor.

All I'm saying is know your crowd.

Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FSWU

Hey, have 2 bands, one of which you might be interested in for an alternative choice, ones a band that covers everything, from 60's and 70's rock and pop, like Stones, Beatles, Kinks, Doors, Zeppelin etc to funk n soul like James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Bill Withers to 80's and 90's indie and alt rock like Stone Roses, Smiths, Primal Scream, Blur, Nirvana, Pixies and Smashing Pumpkins. We also do some old school stuff likeVan Morrison, Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry, and some of the usually requested stuff if necessary....

2nd band is totally alternative, a hip-hop covers band, doing a set of mainly 90's rap songs like Snoop Dogg, JayZ, Beastie Boys, NERD, Missy Elliott, Warren G. Also do unusual stuff like Azealia Banks, crowd love it! We can mix it up if needed with funk and soul stuff like Chic, Sister Sledge, Dee-Lite, .....Always a good set and great fun, PM me if you'd like me to send on a contact number!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 DarrenAF

PM Sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 KeithQ96

Hi.

Just wondering if you're still looking for a band or if you have got sorted?

Cheers

Keith

Advertisement