Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2010 to 2013 Free Upgrade

Options
  • 10-01-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

I am considering purchasing Office 2010, seeing as I will receive a free upgrade to Office 2013, I know there are terms and conditions associated with this.

I have a few questions still regarding this software, and I was hoping someone could clear these up.

1: If I purchase Office 2010 Home and Student 1 License for 3 PCs, is there a time limit for installing it on my second and third PC PCs? In other words, can I install and activate it on one PC, and then install it on a second & third PC at any time in the future or do I have to have it on the second and third PC within a certain time frame?

2: With the upgrade to 2013, I know that 2010 must be activated before a date and then you must download 2013 and activate it by a certain date also. However, if I have my 1 license for 3 PCs and only have it on 1 PC by the time I upgrade to 2013 on the first PC (providing there is no time limit as queried above) , will this mean I will lose access to Office 2013 on the second and third PC? Or can I install and upgrade to 2013 at any time on the second and third PC at any time provided I have my license activated on at least 1 PC before the time limits.

I hope this made sense, if not just ask me and I will try to clear it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

1. no time limit and you can uninstall the license as well; so long as you do a proper uninstall from your 3 pcs, you can reinstall it again on 3 other PCs

2. the deal as described in retail doesn't say anything about a conversion of your 2010 license to a 2013/365 license. You should still be able to retain the 2010 license, in full, when you redeem your 2013 license or 1-year 365 Home subscription. At the time however, I would go ahead and read the terms, when they surface.

Keep in mind 2013 licensing will be different. Home an Student 2013 will be licensed for 1 user, 1 pc. If you require multiple users and installations, pick the Office 365 Home subscriptions (1-year) instead, which will work for any # of users in a Single Household, on 5 devices per each user.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_2013#Boxed_editions

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

i have only seen this for sale directly from microsoft for €139.00

Can it be bought in person from a computer store and still retain the deal of buying in 2010 and upgrading in few months to 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when is it fully released as I have had the final release since October?

no official release date only first quarter of 2013 it is expected, i came across a date of 28th january from a google search but that wouldnt be much to go by..

misnormer wrote: »
    Can it be bought in person from a computer store and still retain the deal of buying in 2010 and upgrading in few months to 2013?
    Yes.

Skerries its still 2013 Preview

• Advertisement

whats 2013 preview? is it microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes.

Skerries its still 2013 Preview

I have it through the Volume Licensing, so I'm presuming that's the final release as it was given early for people to test

Skerries wrote: »
    I have it through the Volume Licensing, so I'm presuming that's the final release as it was given early for people to test
    /shrug; I do the retail side. So far I've only seen 2013 Preview from Office.com which is what I'm running for the most part (and I can't find out where inside of the suite to find the version info), and a bunch of retail back-end introductory materials on 365 but no finished product

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Overheal wrote: »
    /shrug; I do the retail side. So far I've only seen 2013 Preview from Office.com which is what I'm running for the most part (and I can't find out where inside of the suite to find the version info), and a bunch of retail back-end introductory materials on 365 but no finished product

I think it shows version into under "File>Account" or "Help", it also shows the activation status and any time restrictions, if present

Nick

Advertisement