Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want computer to remember password

Options
  • 10-01-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

How do I get the desktop PC to remember passwords. I'm setting my mam up on Skype & gmail and she's not very good at remembering passwords.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They should ask you when you enter the password if you want it remembered. You can also download a password manager if you want, but really there is no need. Do remember to note down the passwords somewhere secure, in case anything happens. Autologin isn't a very secure thing to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Little Sunshine

its not asking me if I want it remembered - think that function is disabled - how do I turn it back on again

Depends what software you would like to remember yoru passwords. Each will be different, some will have checkboxes, some may not have that facility. Skype, for example, can automatically sign in and start up with the pc starts up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

On Skype, below where you enter your password, there is a small box that you tick that says 'Remember Password'.

On Gmail, there is a similar box you tic, but it says something like 'Keep Me Logged In'

Also, your browser will probably pop up a line at the top of the screen asking if it wants to remember your passwords. Just click the button that says Yes or Remember.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Use KeepPass to store all her passwords and if for some reason she looses or forgets the password (software may at times forget the password after upgrade or some other event) they will all be there, set a master password you'll remember, and just tell her to open the icon and all her passwords will show

Nick

Advertisement