Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Talk to Beta Skin

Options
  • 10-01-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I just tried to create a new thread in Richersounds forum and I noticed there is a new skin

So i wrote out my post and selected a catogoary and all that stuff and cliked submit. I got "CSRF verification failed - invalid token" received in a kind of pink bar near the top of the page. My post was not submitted.

I thought it may be related to the new skin, so i clicked "switch off beta look", which just brings me to the adverts talk to page with the beta look left on.

I have tested trying to do a dummy thread to adverts forum, same issue.

Any idea what is up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Actually, apologies. Its creating a thread I have the issue with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Howdy witnessmenow,

The beta look can't be switched off now, it's gone fully live. Are you still having the problem?

Danny

Hey Danny,

Hope all is well

Nope I still cant post a new thread

"CSRF verification failed - invalid token received" still happening

Couple more thing to try help, as it seems some people can post new threads.

Im using Google chrome
    Windows 7
    I am on an US Ip address
    Dont have anything funny done with cookies or javascript
    Dont have adblock or anything installed.

I'm surviving, bugs are my life :pac:

Would you mind visiting http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and pasting in the System and Browser details? You can leave out your IP address for security

Thanks,

Danny

• Advertisement

You and me both!

Diagnostics Page
    Your System

IP Address:

Operating System: Windows 7

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11

Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: Yes

Flash Version: 11.5 r31 installed

Your Resolution

Screen: 1920 x 1200

Current Browser: 1920 x 1075

Colour: 32 bit

Interestingly enough I just tried at home and it worked fine.. Not sure whats going on in work

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056853576

Diagnostic at home:

IP Address:

Operating System: Windows 7

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11

Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: Yes

Flash Version: 11.5 r31 installed

Your Resolution

Screen: 2560 x 1440

Current Browser: 2560 x 1315

Colour: 32 bit

Hey witnessmenow,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you and thanks for the info regarding your home connection. What I'm suspecting is that your work ISP may have a pool of IPs it uses to send requests to the internet and you've requested the page with one and sent it with the other leading to a security token failure. Is there any chance you could verify this with your network provider? If not then don't worry, I'm going to see if I can change how the token is generated for logged in users to become IP independent.

Danny

Hey witnessmenow,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you and thanks for the info regarding your home connection. What I'm suspecting is that your work ISP may have a pool of IPs it uses to send requests to the internet and you've requested the page with one and sent it with the other leading to a security token failure. Is there any chance you could verify this with your network provider? If not then don't worry, I'm going to see if I can change how the token is generated for logged in users to become IP independent.

Danny

Unfortunately I would 100% not be able to get any info from my network provider!

If there is anything i can do with fiddler or firebug or whatever let me know.

No major panic on sorting it for me anyways , I shouldnt be on boards during work anyways :) Im sure you know the way it is :pac:

So we've made some changes to how our security tokens are calculated and removed any reliance on remote IP address. I'm thinking this should resolve your problem if you'd like to confirm?

Danny

• Advertisement

Hey Danny,

Just tried there and it worked, good job :)

Thanks

Hey wmn,

Thanks for getting back to me, glad it's working now.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement