Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber Broadband Coming to Parts of Clare

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

Chriss79 wrote: »
    I'm so jealous! But it looks like that there is a hope :-)
    Vodafone is changing you any extra for that?

No...in fact it is going to be cheaper as I changed to the broadband only rate. I think they said €27 per month, but I may need to add extra data allowance to that later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

johnam wrote: »
    No...in fact it is going to be cheaper as I changed to the broadband only rate. I think they said €27 per month, but I may need to add extra data allowance to that later.

hang on a sec, you're only paying €30/month for 50meg? i'm paying €70 to eircom at the moment for NGB but they want to move me to e-fibre for €60/month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

hang on a sec, you're only paying €30/month for 50meg? i'm paying €70 to eircom at the moment for NGB but they want to move me to e-fibre for €60/month.

€30 a month with no calls I'd say.

Mr. G wrote: »
    €30 a month with no calls I'd say.

€27 as I'm already a vodafone mobile customer. 20GB allowance, €6 extra to increase that to 170GB. Also I signed up to a one year contract with free modem and installation, presumably as I was already a customer.

Eircom called to my door last year, (at the time I was paying vodafone €40 per month) and the eircom rep said he couldn't match Vodafone's rates, but that Eircom do offer a free music store??? and also the study hub thing. My oldest kid is 4, and spotify is also free, so the rep just turned around and left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

johnam, you should post that speed over on the broadband boards as its the best yet and nice for ennis, I am still waiting on VF, next week I hope. How far are you from the cabinet?

How did you do that nice link? And that is ace with 26ping. You are very close to that cabinet but what a leap. 5 to 67 = 13 times faster.

enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

I doubt we will ever see the likes in Crusheen!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

has crusheen its own exchange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

GBCULLEN wrote: »

Yes, so fingers crossed it will be done at some stage

johnam wrote: »
    €27 as I'm already a vodafone mobile customer. 20GB allowance, €6 extra to increase that to 170GB. Also I signed up to a one year contract with free modem and installation, presumably as I was already a customer.

Eircom called to my door last year, (at the time I was paying vodafone €40 per month) and the eircom rep said he couldn't match Vodafone's rates, but that Eircom do offer a free music store??? and also the study hub thing. My oldest kid is 4, and spotify is also free, so the rep just turned around and left.

Spotify and youtube are just as good if not better. Can you download music from musichub? I doubt it very much to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

eircom musichub is shutting down anyway

faaaaaawk, i told the eircom girl on the phone i'd sign up to 18 motnh contract at €60 to get e-fibre. is that legally binding even though i just said it on the phone? i've signed nothing yet.

• Advertisement

johnam, you should post that speed over on the broadband boards as its the best yet and nice for ennis, I am still waiting on VF, next week I hope. How far are you from the cabinet?

How did you do that nice link? And that is ace with 26ping. You are very close to that cabinet but what a leap. 5 to 67 = 13 times faster.

enjoy

The link comes from Speedtest.net, after completing the test, there is a function to share your result. Click on that it brings up the graphic.

I would say I am no further than 150 meters from the cabinet as the crow flies.

Ya it is a huge leap, when vodafone told me that my line was capable of 70, I presumed that I would be lucky to get 50.

Is there any post in particular on the broadband forum that you would recommend posting the link in... I haven't ever looked at that forum.

eircom musichub is shutting down anyway

faaaaaawk, i told the eircom girl on the phone i'd sign up to 18 motnh contract at €60 to get e-fibre. is that legally binding even though i just said it on the phone? i've signed nothing yet.

http://www.thecmuwebsite.com/article/eircom-to-close-its-music-service/

You can accept a contract over the phone, yes.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/phone_and_broadband_contracts.247.LE.asp
    Once you decide to take up a particular phone and, or, broadband service, you can enter into a contract with a service provider in one of three ways: 
    by agreeing over the phone and having the conversation recorded (vCAF);
    by [other forms].

Voice Customer Authorisation Form (vCAF)
    Many telecommunications companies are now using this method. It involves agreeing to enter a contract over the phone without signing any forms or other documents.

The normal steps are that a sales agent will discuss the service with you and explain the contract. This is your chance to ask as many questions as necessary to help you understand the service. If you agree to enter a contract, the sales agent will transfer you to someone else to verify your agreement.

Under the vCAF process, there are two distinct parts to the call - the Sales element and the Verification element. All issues pertaining to the Sale / Win / Winback i.e. Customer's Name, UAN, Account Number, Telephone Number, Packages, Contract details and duration etc., are completed with during the Sales element of the call.  Once the customer has agreed to purchase the Product the customer is taken through the verification script. This process is recorded and stored.

No idea. There's details of where it will be/is rolled out on the eircom website. Best check there.

You might also want to look at the Eircom Fibre Rollout Mapping thread on the broadband forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Newmarket has its own exchange ..... it is connected to the fibre backhaul ..... is NGN ...... but no indication anywhere that the users might get connected to fibre ..... Sixmilebridge is listed to get cabs for FTTC but I don't think anything has been done yet ...... it too is NGN and fibre connected ....

It appears to me that unless you are very lucky you will not get fibre speeds outside of concentrated population centres.

Reports are that if you are more than 1Km from an enabled cabinet you will not be offered the fibre connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iquitalready

Does any one know why fibre isn't available in Cappahard? Checked my phone number and am not capable of any increase over what I already have. I looked up the eFibre map and Ennis is a sea of green :D... except for a Cappahard shaped hole cut out of it! :rolleyes: There is a VDSL cabinet within the estate so I'm wondering why is wasn't enabled like the rest of the town and more importantly, when will it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

See page 1, its on a seperate exchange to Ennis.

Advertisement