Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

The combat is so much better than previous editions. Almost an GPS feel to it! Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No Beer, for shame

2 bottles of wine in fridge for when misses gets back. So I am sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only problem I'm noticing so far (PS4 Super Duper race) is that subtitles freeze so the lads go on having their convo but the same line stays on the screen. No biggie but I like me subtitles. Also, I wish the armour was organised betters as in a section for different body parts. I play in 1st person but it is jarring when the dialogue camera sets in and my guy is wearing a blue dress and a sack hood. Why are these people even talking to me dressed like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The combat is so much better than previous editions. Almost an GPS feel to it! Loving it.

Good - I hate getting lost during battles :pac:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only problem I'm noticing so far (PS4 Super Duper race) is that subtitles freeze so the lads go on having their convo but the same line stays on the screen. No biggie but I like me subtitles. Also, I wish the armour was organised betters as in a section for different body parts. I play in 1st person but it is jarring when the dialogue camera sets in and my guy is wearing a blue dress and a sack hood. Why are these people even talking to me dressed like that!

Did you picked up your fallout in limerick extra this morning?

I could swear there were bordsies there this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

emmetkenny wrote:
    Pop over to Argos.

No Argos or smyths in town lad.my back up plan was iv it pre ordered in xtravision for full whack 75 quid ,don't Mind though I'm off tomorrow so have to have it today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

fifth wrote: »
    Cheers, just saw the argos price so reserved a copy at €55, better than Gamestops €75! i'll save my gift voucher for something else!

Gamestop are unbelievable, aren't they?

Can you play properly whole it's still installing on xbox one? Will continue instalation? I know ps4 has separate chip for all these things, but how's xbox one? Or I better wait for it fully installed?

Did you picked up your fallout in limerick extra this morning?

I could swear there were bordsies there this morning.

Nah, got it digitally. Wish I got it there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

dutopia wrote: »
    Gamestop are unbelievable, aren't they?

Yeah, are they giving something free with it? How do they justify the extra €20? Was going to pick up Halo 5 in there too but just seen it's cheaper at Argos as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Power Armour is awesome.

Yeah, are they giving something free with it? How do they justify the extra €20? Was going to pick up Halo 5 in there too but just seen it's cheaper at Argos as well.

Women at the counter in argos even looked at it and was surprised with price. She was clearly not a gamer, but she already knew its going to be a busy day for Fallout 4. Argos is on the ball with new releases, though I noticed that they put new releases on launch for very good price, bit after 2-3 days it goes to normal 60-70eu price. Still beats competition.

• 2 bottles of wine in fridge for when misses gets back. So I am sorted. :)

Damn will have to 1up you when I get home from work. She's cooking the dinner today, that's all I got so far :P

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Damn will have to 1up you when I get home from work. She's cooking the dinner today, that's all I got so far :P

Well, I can play all day in peace, though when I pick her up from work, I will be cooking dinner. So sort of sucks. :)
    At least I am not working today and I am on my own. 98% installed, so pew pew in a second. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

......I'm moving house this Sunday with herself and I've my pipboy edition right here! Work this evening and a College ca in the morning as well :( the gaming gods have forsaken me this time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I completely forgot about the Pip Boy companion app, has anybody used it yet? Is it gimmicky or somewhat useful while playing?

Showing the map while playing sounds very handy.

Does anyone know if there is shared storage cases? The different work benches in Sanctuary for example can hold your 'junk' but I'd never be able to remember which one had what. Must try it next time I'm on with 2 nearby workstations but wondering how it worked around the map as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Have never played a fallout game and hate first person views.

Is it as good playing it solely third person?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Does anyone know if there is shared storage cases? The different work benches in Sanctuary for example can hold your 'junk' but I'd never be able to remember which one had what. Must try it next time I'm on with 2 nearby workstations but wondering how it worked around the map as well.

I was reading earlier that you should choose one workstation and stick with it early on as you have to physically move junk between them.

I was reading earlier that you should choose one workstation and stick with it early on as you have to physically move junk between them.

Just read that the Local Leader perk (I think) enables you to share your stored junk between settlements when you discover them and it will shown lines on the map connecting them. That will be very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Just read that the Local Leader perk (I think) enables you to share your stored junk between settlements when you discover them and it will shown lines on the map connecting them. That will be very handy.

I havent even looked at stuff like this, on my way to diamond city and jesus christ stay away from towns unless well armed, bleeding nightmare haha

How can i leave bad feedback for Gameseek? It is completely silly that you can't cancel your preorder through your order page, that the people you contact through Facebook can't ensure that your details get through to the customer service people, and that I even have to contact their customer service people at all. Plus the people that were answering on Facebook were purposefully not answering or reading my messages (well, this is an assumption).

I'm just utterly displeased with them and, of course, my order didn't arrive today and my digital download won't even be done by this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Tesco have it for 69.99, ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

mdwexford wrote: »
    Have never played a fallout game and hate first person views.

Is it as good playing it solely third person?

I would play these games mostly in third person view. I'm not a fan of traipsing around the wasteland (or the likes of Skyrim) in first-person. I actually think 3rd person gives you a better idea of what's around you, plus you get to look at your lovely armour and your haircut.

So, yes, it's definitely as good playing in 3rd person (though movement isn't as fluid as in games like Assassin's Creed or Batman or some such) but I would say there are elements, particularly close combat, where it's to your advantage to be in first person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

s.welstead wrote: »

40 sterling....

What happened to the 48 quid price?

s.welstead wrote: »

€70+ in GameStop & Argos.

I cannot wait until the internet infrastructure gets to a point where a wholly digital marketplace is a possibility and these guys are screwed for ripping us off.

My copy from Gameseek, despite their awfulness, was €50+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Picked up the last pc version copy from argos galway for 55 euro. Reading the back of the game box you need a steam account. Hope i don't have to download to much lol as i have a poor net connection.

€70+ in GameStop & Argos.

I cannot wait until the internet infrastructure gets to a point where a wholly digital marketplace is a possibility and these guys are screwed for ripping us off.

My copy from Gameseek, despite their awfulness, was €50+.

Only €55 in Argos, I mentioned Tesco as they had tweeted users a much lower guide price

I'm not sure we'll ever get to the point of a single digital marketplace. There's too many extraneous influences depending on geographic limitations, taxes, laws etc. Maybe after the bombs drop and we'll get a more simple society :D

The thread is dead, it's so not fair for those of us waiting on our game to arrive or stuck in work. Everyone with their copy should be sensitive to the rest of us and hold off playing until we all can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Did you even try to ask the manager to price match it against their competitors?

Advertisement