Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=acMqxcdxE0E

Loved that song instantly. Probably the best soundtrack from the modern three games.
    Even the classical has some nice songs.

Have to say though if I had a compliant so far its the DJ on the main station.
    I get they were going for a stuttering/nervous character but its so over done it gets annoying listening to him quick.... I guess the point is he's too good at the part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

PC install update there is a 25835mb update with steam before you get to play. Dam my slow net connection. I had a cold coke and hot roll ready to eat while the intro plays but not going to happen now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

€75 seems like a good price for 300 hours enjoyment! At least gamestop will save you fannying about

*Drops Mic*
    *Runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

My self restraint to not play this and fcuk my CA up (and pissing my gf off with house move work) is wearing very thin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

It's the people that will actually pay 70-75 for the game that enable this ****e. After all if you could get away with it (as they clearly do), why not? Are people that impatient/in need of instant gratification that they can't shop around?

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    €75 seems like a good price for 300 hours enjoyment! At least gamestop will save you fannying about

*Drops Mic*
    *Runs*

That's not the point though. It's the fact that GameStop are charging €20+ more than other bricks & mortar retailers. That's absolutely ridiculous. I doubt many would complain if all had the same price, because then you can make the argument, but it's not. They're not even offering anything extra to justify said price.

tBDjfZ8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm not really a multiplayer kinda dude. Is it worth it for the single player?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

py2006 wrote: »

If your not a mp dude then this game was made for you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

py2006 wrote: »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say yes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That's not the point though. It's the fact that GameStop are charging €20+ more than other bricks & mortar retailers. That's absolutely ridiculous. I doubt many would complain if all had the same price, because then you can make the argument, but it's not. They're not even offering anything extra to justify said price.

Precisely.
    And in other news it's cold and wet in Ireland :P
    Just saying, if people really wanted the game today, well maybe it's worth it.
    I was hoping to read peoples feedback.
    Not pages of "€55" :pac:

I was only messing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PC install update there is a 25835mb update with steam before you get to play. Dam my slow net connection. I had a cold coke and hot roll ready to eat while the intro plays but not going to happen now lol.

Probably be tomorrow when you get to play!

I don't get that, PC copy of the game is just a steam client, in that case I would have saved the energy and got it off Steam in the first place...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This game gives me Nicholas Cage face

OinfGr0.gif

A crap looks like I wont be playing this today. The initial steam download is 2 gigs then when steam loads up fully you need to download another 18 gbs. I thought it was strange that the game only came with one dvd for the pc. Now i know why lol. I mean GTA 5 came with like 6 DVDs or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

A crap looks like I wont be playing this today. The initial steam download is 2 gigs then when steam loads up fully you need to download another 18 gbs. I thought it was strange that the game only came with one dvd for the pc. Now i know why lol. I mean GTA 5 came with like 6 DVDs or something like that.

They specifically said they did that to deter piracy before the release. How successful were they? Well you could download a cracked copy about 10 hours before it was even released here yesterday so not very I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hey Guys,

Taking a quick food break and figured for those of you sitting here waiting for the game or refreshing this thread like mad in work you'd probably like some information before you go in. So here's a spoiler-free breakdown of some stuff I now know about the game that is really useful.

* There is absolutely no need to spec into intelligence (I'm about 4 hours into the game, I'm level 10 and Intelligence 4). You get well rested (+10 exp) for sleeping in a bed for a long period of time (I just choose 24). At the start of the game you get access to the starter town and pretty much required to "build" a bed;
    * Charisma is absolutely sick (explained below);
    * You get your first companion pretty early - this can actually be a hindrance at times. Don't get me wrong, the companion is really useful but the enemies at the start are one hit kills and it may be taking away some experience. Your choice;
    * There are SO many people - literally everywhere you go you find people;
    * You get power armour pretty early in the game and it can be modified/upgraded/improved;
    * The game is visually beautiful (PC - Ultra High);
    * The combat mechanics are significantly improved over the previous editions of Fallout (including heavily modded);
    * I'm playing on normal and it's not very difficult;
    * The settlement is super addictive and can literally be done ANYWHERE. The game will start you in one place (and I suggest you develop there first) but later on you can have MANY settlements working together.;
    * The replayability......WOW;
    * The map is huge - the rendering distance is pretty bad though

CHARISMA EXPLANATION

I'm going to spoiler this, but keep in mind this is NOT a spoiler but people might want to go in blind with no pre-builds.
    At level 14 you'll want to get Local Leader level 2. The reason for this is because you can start getting trading posts/crafting posts/etc. I imagine (only level 10) this is going to bring in HUGE amounts of income. I was struggling for caps at the start but a few of the dynamic events in the game helped me gain more caps because I have a high charisma rating. I imagine as I get further into the game and more pieces of equipment for modding/repairing/etc become available I'm going to be cap starved and that's not ideal. In the absolute late-game, having multiple settlements sprawled across the map is going to be expensive and you'll want to to build them all up as soon as possible.

Furthermore, Charisma helps with you SOLO play. You get companions pretty early and there isn't really any reason to not use them throughout the game unless you're going for an insanely sneaky game (which, given the volume of NPCs and stuff around the map, is going to be difficult) and charisma is the main tree to boost your companions. I'm only level 10 and I've already come across deathcrawlers and these defensive shell octopus things and I can tell you I've been glad I wasn't alone in those fights.

Combined with the gold income and the fact you get additional dialogue options throughout the game I can just see charisma scaling to an absolutely ridiculous level around level 50 or so (which I can imagine is probably doable within 3-4 days gameplay).

So far, absolutely loving every second of it. Never thought I'd be into settlements but I literally keep finding myself going back and building it up more and more as I find more parts around the wasteland! Great game. Haven't come across too many bugs either; just a couple facial ones.

EDIT: Not a fan of the UI on PC.

If your not a mp dude then this game was made for you
    martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say yes. :)

For realz?

They specifically said they did that to deter piracy before the release. How successful were they? Well you could download a cracked copy about 10 hours before it was even released here yesterday so not very I would say.

From what i can see the DVD version for the PC was completely pointless (5GBs of data). I assumed there would be a few DVDs with most of the game content on it so i wouldn't have to wait a day or longer for the game to download. I could have just pirated the game, same dam download wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Got the dispatch order from Amazon. Have mine on Friday.....week. Have they gotten real slack on the free 4-5 day deliveries?
    I don't mind as I have a backlog of Far Cry 4 & but still I only chose Amazon because they have me a voucher for a previous delivery they screwed up my last order

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

ExaltedSpeedyGrouper.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ERG89 wrote: »
    Got the dispatch order from Amazon. Have mine on Friday.....week. Have they gotten real slack on the free 4-5 day deliveries?
    I don't mind as I have a backlog of Far Cry 4 & but still I only chose Amazon because they have me a voucher for a previous delivery they screwed up my last order

Yup, some new releases are taking nearly two weeks to arrive, they have really gone downhill the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

image-0bbc3cb8c97fe14c50c1872e1c32f8ebe9dab18005aba4fc1ed1afbb54b2c2c3-V_zpsmqayoj42.jpg

• I love this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Went to Argos on Stephens green to pick up, they have 5 copies BTW and realised I had left my wallet on the bus. Could have cried

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Argos saves the day again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

stuchyg wrote: »
    Went to Argos on Stephens green to pick up, they have 5 copies BTW and realised I had left my wallet on the bus. Could have cried

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

3 hours in and I'm loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

The shooting is so good in it i keep forgetting to use VATS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Yeah, combat is insane.

EDIT:

44d9m8F.png

Advertisement