Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking for a roommate to share my single bed garage...

12240982_1098099243541175_5342936550259389401_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So what's the deal with crops for food?
    Do i need to assign different people to each thing i plant? Also i've only found 3 things for food.

Are there more?

Why cant i build beds in the first settlement? I have the materials needed but it says I require something and its just a pic of vault boy waving. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So what's the deal with crops for food?
    Do i need to assign different people to each thing i plant? Also i've only found 3 things for food.

Are there more?

How do you assign people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Go to build mode highlight a npc select command the select what u want them to do like a guard station or crops etc

• Advertisement

If I had to level 1 criticism at the game...it would be the main male voice actor...his responses to a lot of things are just way off in tone and emotional response.
    His character and voice remind me of...

13420799_zpsf0597df8.jpg

George from the Broken sword series

Surely I'm not the only one. He seems completely aloof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Been playing for the past 4 hours or so on the PS4 and the framerate has been pretty stable at 25-30 FPS. Off putting at first but i got used to it. Just finished the Corvega car factory quest and **** me was that hell on earth. It felt like it would drop to single digit FPS at some points especially when the cars where blowing up, made the aiming frustrating as ****.

So yeah, PS4 has FPS problems. But i only had such drops in this one area so lets pray to Lord Playstation 2 that we have no more

Can you craft ammo ?
    You seem to be able to make everything else.
    I'm out of ammo for my main weapons.

Also with regard to the car factory, I did that quest last night too...I was level 6 or so. The people on the outside have so many grenades and their accuracy from a distance is crazy.

Lady merchant in the diner near town has a sword for like 1,500 caps. Question : Can I pickpocket her for it ? Can I kill her and get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You can get "facial reconstruction," I.e change your characters look at any time for just 100 caps in diamond city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can you craft ammo ?
    You seem to be able to make everything else.
    I'm out of ammo for my main weapons.

Also with regard to the car factory, I did that quest last night too...I was level 6 or so. The people on the outside have so many grenades and their accuracy from a distance is crazy.

Lady merchant in the diner near town has a sword for like 1,500 caps. Question : Can I pickpocket her for it ? Can I kill her and get it ?

Yeah i did the car factory quest at about level 6 also. Was playing on Survivalist for a time but when raiders can one shot me with homing Molotov's that i can't react to it was time to knock it down to Very Hard :mad:

Not sure about the merchant you are talking about but most likely if she has it in her shop list it can be found somewhere on or near her. In most cases if its a very powerful weapon that can be got too early in the game it will be locked in a safe or behind a computer lock that you need a very high skill level too unlock

• Advertisement

Yeah i did the car factory quest at about level 6 also. Was playing on Survivalist for a time but when raiders can one shot me with homing Molotov's that i can't react to it was time to knock it down to Very Hard :mad:

Not sure about the merchant you are talking about but most likely if she has it in her shop list it can be found somewhere on or near her. In most cases if its a very powerful weapon that can be got too early in the game it will be locked in a safe or behind a computer lock that you need a very high skill level too unlock

Right near sanctuary, it's a little cafe/diner. Her and her son are there. To the southeast if I remember rightly.

Ahh I'm stuck in work here, but my actual classes have been finished for the last 3 hours !! I just wanna go home and play F4.
    Another 2 hours to go.....but then I have to go meet the girlfriend......:( :(
    Maybe if I up my real life Charisma skill I can sweet talk her out of going to the cinema etc and go home early alone instead ! :P :D
    Luckily tomorrow is a holiday in school here, so I can veg out all night and tomorrow day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So am I the only person who picked the female character for first play? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Argos have upped the price to €63.49 on consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Ouch, was gonna pick this up today, do they always raise the price after only one day?

I would have been happy with that price tbh if I didn't know they were selling it for €55 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I have it reserved until end up business today at the cheaper price, heads will roll if I don't get it at that.

• I have a reserve code for Argos in the midlands (PS4 version) if anyone want's it. Drop me a PM for details.

god's toy wrote: »
    So am I the only person who picked the female character for first play? :eek:

Nope , we (partner usually comes along for the ride on these games) usually play a female character , didn't recognise her name so went with the wee one's and made her look like her mum, "awwww look she's all grown up" :D

History has also taught me that for the most part female characters are usually better voice acted than the male leads in these kind of games and from what I've seen here and in other places it's most certainly the case in fallout 4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've a reservation for Fallout 4 on Xbox One in Wexford at €56 if anyone wants it. I ended up buying digitally to use up left over credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Man I can't play this game. Like quality wise there's nowt wrong with it, but its another of those games where the movement and the camera gives me motion sickness. So it shall have to go on the pile with Fallout 3, new Vegas, both portal games, half life 1 and 2, and Left 4 Dead :(

I'm gonna make a blind assumption that it's the first-person perspective that's giving you the motion sickness? No intent on being patronizing and I apologize if I am but did you try the 3rd-person camera? Sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just going to answer a few questions for people who were asking above. On phone so can't do proper quote's.

"Can you craft ammo?"

It appears not, although it is something I will focus on today.

"How do you assign people in a settlement?"

There are two things here. Firstly you need to attract more people to your respective settlement. This took me a while to get used to. Go to build mode (hold V on pc) and go to power. In power - miscellaneous the first option is a recruitment radio beacon. Build this and hook it up to your power supply to bring people from all over the wasteland to your settlement. Remember, also that you can "recruit" people from other settlements and farms through dynamic events in the game.

Always remember the more people the more attractive to bandits it becomes.

Secondly, your defense needs to be about EQUAL to your combined total of food and water to deal with bandit assaults effectively. So 5 food and 5 water should mean you have about 10 defense. I've only had a couple invasions so far (and I use.multiple settlement's for trading) and this has been what I've noted.

Thirdly when you're building something you will see "requires [imagine of a man]". These require settlers to be assigned. Food and guard posts are the initial settlement options this is needed for. I believe it's one settler per 5 food although I use less and my.happiness is still going up (I think I'm 1 per 7). To assign someone: enter building mode, walk.up to a settler and press command (e on keyboard), then walk to say your farm and press e again to assign. You will get a notification in the top corner saying resource has been assigned.

To know if it has successfully been assigned the settler will go to the resource and start doing things. For example if you assign someone to the guard post they whip out a gun. If you assign someone to the farm they get on their hands and knees and work that land like tomorrow.

There's loads.more stuff like this particularly with the dog that people don't know about so if you want to chat about it add me on steam and I'll sort you guys out. I'm about 10 hours in on pc, mainly focusing on side quests and exploration.

Tag is irl_sinister

EDIT: Ultra High screenshots from PC.

IkKWS0S.jpg

BCZJ1Xr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

ASOT wrote: »
    I have it reserved until end up business today at the cheaper price, heads will roll if I don't get it at that.

Me too. Does anyone know what price they will sell it at - wouldn't bother driving in at the higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seven hours in and really enjoying it. Not seeing any framerate problems on Xbox One at all, but I do have it installed to my external drive which appears to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

2 hours in on the PS4 version - loving it so far!!

Where are those damn bobby pins though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

dutopia wrote: »
    Where are those damn bobby pins though?!

Also fusion cores!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Need help lads

Laptop is ACER ASPIRE V NITRO

http://www.acer.ie/ac/en/GB/content/series/aspirevnitro

Start up game, 10% of the time it will boot into it. The other times it straight up crashes, doesn't respond, and has to be shut down.

The times it does boot, the game only works on windowed/borderless but the laptop screen (even when tabbed out) flashes and flickers on, off, on, off like someone flicking a light switch. Goes between fully black screen and the game screen.

Started up on low settings to try and makes no difference. Only thing that 'seems' to work is to play it windowed and borderless. Doesn't crash or flicker then.

Nvidia drivers updated as well as game/steam/laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

How does one establish a settlement. I have the lads
    back at sanctuary
    , can I make that place into a settlement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Is it not illegal for Argos to raise the price in response to such a demand for the game? Especially after it's only been on sale for a day.
    How does one establish a settlement. I have the lads
    back at sanctuary
    , can I make that place into a settlement?

Sanctuary is your tutorial(of sorts) for settlement building. Go back and talk to Preston.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

That's a balls anyway, back to 63 quid with Argos. Are they still the cheapest now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Wing126 wrote: »
    Is it not illegal for Argos to raise the price in response to such a demand for the game? Especially after it's only been on sale for a day.

Sanctuary is your tutorial(of sorts) for settlement building. Go back and talk to Preston.

I'm back there now, but I'm at the work station and haven't a notion what to do! seems I have the materials for a lot of things, but no option to build.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I'm back there now, but I'm at the work station and haven't a notion what to do! seems I have the materials for a lot of things, but no option to build.

I think you need to be out in the open to build. Open the build menu (hold touchpad on ps4) and you can select structures, defences etc from there

Advertisement