Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

I have a PS4 version reserved in Argos at the cheaper price. PM me if you want the code.

What the f... mole rat comes charging at me only when he got right up to me as I was shooting him did i notice
    the mines strapped to him
    :eek:

Did not end well for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Did not end well for me

They're the Taliban moles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Deep Six wrote: »
    I think you need to be out in the open to build. Open the build menu (hold touchpad on ps4) and you can select structures, defences etc from there

Thanks, figured it out. They got a shack, I'll be getting a mansion :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

The radiation storms are a nightmare if you get caught outside. Even my gaff in Sanctuary doesn't give much cover, had to close all the doors and hide down behind the bed till it was over :D

• Advertisement

BenK wrote: »
    Anybody get it from Gameseek yet?

no:(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Is there a place in Sanctuary to stash that first set of power armour you get? It seems a bit undignified just to abandon it in the wastland. Also, I don't want to wear it anymore

Found a few sets of power armor , they have icons on the map so you know where they are.

Also pay attention to terminals , you can eject the holotapes if they have one, just got one that lets me play it in my pip boy that controls a
    combat sentry MKII
    Not sure what it does exactly though.

I'm a few hours in and I'm not entirely sure if I like the new conversation format. It kinda feels nerfed, where you get displayed colours for easy, medium, and hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Hey all, I have a copy reserved for the PS4 in the Jervis Centre Argos until this evening, should be at the €55.99 price, drop me a PM if you want it, first come first served!

EDIT - Code gone now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I'm here at sanctuary obsessed with building fence around whole home base as to funnel raiders down the bridge . Anyone care tell me what type of fence to build I don't want build wrong one and it be waste resources

• Seven hours in and really enjoying it. Not seeing any framerate problems on Xbox One at all, but I do have it installed to my external drive which appears to help.

I'm collecting my USB 3.0 SSD Enclosure & SSD Drive today and hooking it up to the Xbox 1.

- ZTC Sky Board mSATA to USB3.0 SSD Enclosure Adapter Case - Model ZTC-EN002 - Silver
    - 256GB Transcend Premium mSATA MSA370 Solid State Disk SATA III 6Gbps

Will be running some tests for Fallout later. Will give some feedback here back with loading times / FPS report.

Anyone know if you can transfer games from Local HDD to external on the X1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

thegame983 wrote: »
    Is there a place in Sanctuary to stash that first set of power armour you get? It seems a bit undignified just to abandon it in the wastland. Also, I don't want to wear it anymore

Yes, at the power armor station.

• Yes, at the power armor station.
    How though?
    I was wearing the armour and went up to the station. I didn't see an option.

Unequip it and it will all hang there. Choose the alternative option to transfer of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Legendary radroach nearly gave me a heart attack last night at the drive-thru :D

Feral Ghouls are hysterical too, one spotted me walking through Lexington, made a mad run for me, flailing all over the place then tripped and went flat on his face - still flailing - and dogmeat promptly murdered him :D

The Superduper mart in Lexington was like an old zombie movie, class

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm collecting my USB 3.0 SSD Enclosure & SSD Drive today and hooking it up to the Xbox 1.

- ZTC Sky Board mSATA to USB3.0 SSD Enclosure Adapter Case - Model ZTC-EN002 - Silver
    - 256GB Transcend Premium mSATA MSA370 Solid State Disk SATA III 6Gbps

Will be running some tests for Fallout later. Will give some feedback here back with loading times / FPS report.

Anyone know if you can transfer games from Local HDD to external on the X1?

Yes you can, but have you seen these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T76ZGDO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d2_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-4&pf_rd_r=1K7PQMGAG5GWDBDEY1TH&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577048787&pf_rd_i=desktop was thinking about getting one myself, much tidier job than a normal enclosure + 3 front facing USB ports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Any one get theirs from the game collection? Watched the postman walk straight past my door this morning. Fcuker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My favorite thing about Fallout 3 was that it felt like I was trying to scavenge and survive, I battled for hours with just a tire iron, when I found a pellet gun I thought I was king of the Rad Roaches. But getting into a fight was still a huge danger.

less than 2 hours into 4 and I've 8 handguns, 4 shot guns, a laser rifle, power armor and a mini gun! wtf :confused: Now I just wander down the middle of the street killing everything that looks at me. A death claw popped up which I would normally have crapped myself at and I just mowed it down.

As for scavenging, didn't you have to open containers to see what was inside? it was always a kind of small mini lotto. Now I just look at a drawer and a list of items pops up. I don't even need to look inside them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

My favorite thing about Fallout 3 was that it felt like I was trying to scavenge and survive, I battled for hours with just a tire iron, when I found a pellet gun I thought I was king of the Rad Roaches. But getting into a fight was still a huge danger.

less than 2 hours into 4 and I've 8 handguns, 4 shot guns, a laser rifle, power armor and a mini gun! wtf :confused: Now I just wander down the middle of the street killing everything that looks at me. A death claw popped up which I would normally have crapped myself at and I just mowed it down.

As for scavenging, didn't you have to open containers to see what was inside? it was always a kind of small mini lotto. Now I just look at a drawer and a list of items pops up. I don't even need to look inside them.

That deathclaw is scripted. You won't be able to use the power armor infinitely and your minigun will run out of ammo very quickly. Bump difficulty up too if you're playing anything under hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I do agree, getting power armor so early was a big surprise and makes it very easy. I saw a video too showing that you can go back to Vault 111 and have dogmet get the Cryo gun for you out of the locked case

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

I know what you mean, although getting the first pistol was a bit of a Half-Life 1 moment for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

trixiebust wrote: »
    Any one get theirs from the game collection? Watched the postman walk straight past my door this morning. Fcuker.

Nope, I had used Parcel Motel as my address hoping to get it sooner and still nothing. I'm away for the weekend from tomorrow so will have no chance to play until next week :(
    I hate each and every one of you cúnts who are currently playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

x43r0 wrote:
    I saw a video too showing that you can go back to Vault 111 and have dogmet get the Cryo gun for you out of the locked case

Whatttttt. I must try this later!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Yes you can if you know how to use Dogmeat.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Yeah just sit in front of the case and tell him to find an item :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just a reminder that your Argos reservation 317161 at NAAS for FALLOUT 4 PS4 will be held until 21:00 on 11-11-15

/\

56 quid Fallout PS4

Thought I may have had to venture to Naas to get my copy yesterday but luckily sourced one locally.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone who ordered with GAME UK get their order yet?
    Yeah just sit in front of the case and tell him to find an item :D

I tried that for about 20 minutes non stop of going ""Fetch" and only once did Dogmeat find anything and when he found something he just stood there Barking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

thegame983 wrote:

I brought my armour to Sanctuary and parked it up near the power armour workstation. The power core is dead, are they handy to pick up, or where should I be looking for them?

Also, when sorting sanctuary, do I have to build afresh, or can I put beds in the existing delapedated houses?

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    I brought my armour to Sanctuary and parked it up near the power armour workstation. The power core is dead, are they handy to pick up, or where should I be looking for them?

Also, when sorting sanctuary, do I have to build afresh, or can I put beds in the existing delapedated houses?

Power cores are a limited resource. Can't be balling around in them for the entire game. They can be found anywhere but mostly inside buildings that actually have power; they are generally powered by fusion cores. They will be defended by super mutants most likely though.

You can put beds in the existing structure's but there's very limited space so you're going to probably have to scrap some garbage first. You can't remove debris from the floor though. The only way to do that is scrap the entire house and start anew (it leaves the floor).

Edit: military bases in particular often have a couple lying around.

Advertisement