Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

PetKing wrote: »
    Also, when sorting sanctuary, do I have to build afresh, or can I put beds in the existing delapedated houses?

Yeah you can put them in the existing houses. Scrap the ruined beds for wood and replace them with crafted beds :)

Edit: what irl_ sinister said!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

dutopia wrote: »
    2 hours in on the PS4 version - loving it so far!!

Where are those damn bobby pins though?!

Was wondering the same myself for a little while...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I have a fresh core loaded in my power armor and 2 spare in my sekrit safe :D Trying not to use it at all unless there is serious arse to be kicked (ie
    Corvega plant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Forgot to mention there is a hidden power core "under" concord but it's guarded by a pretty formidable foe in a confined space.

Forgot to mention there is a hidden power core "under" concord but it's guarded by a pretty formidable foe in a confined space.

Under? I've been meaning to go back there for a look around.

• Advertisement

Yes. Under is intended.

EDIT: Mods out already: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/top/?

Yes. Under is intended.
    Is that the core in the basement of the museum or a sub level under the town itself? I'm intrigued!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yes. Under is intended.

What the?? In the
    sewer with the Mirelurk? How did I miss a core down there? I cleared that out ages ago and all I got was a pistol and some rubbish..

Deep Six wrote: »
    Is that the core in the basement of the museum or a sub level under the town itself? I'm intrigued!
    You can go into the sewers by locating a hidden door in the streets. It's not far from the entrance to the museum. It's a sub-level under the town itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭BenK

no:(

Got my copy from Gameseek early this morning (delivered to Parcel Motel) so hopefully you will get it soon too!

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    What the?? In the
    sewer with the Mirelurk? How did I miss a core down there? I cleared that out ages ago and all I got was a pistol and some rubbish..

I did say hidden :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I did say hidden :P

Guess I know where I've to go after work xD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

What difficulty are ye playing this on?

Ive started on Survival and while it was tricky enough fighting the first Deathclaw I just kept running in and out of the building and managed to take him down.

Does Survival increase the chance of Legendary items being dropped? Are enemies more intelligent or do they just take more damage? The setting didn't really explain too much other than HP doesnt regenerate or something.

joe123 wrote: »
    What difficulty are ye playing this on?

Ive started on Survival and while it was tricky enough fighting the first Deathclaw I just kept running in and out of the building and managed to take him down.

Does Survival increase the chance of Legendary items being dropped? Are enemies more intelligent or do they just take more damage? The setting didn't really explain too much other than HP doesnt regenerate or something.

Higher chance of legendary enemies appearing. Healing effects take longer to come into "effect" and HP does not generate. Enemies have higher HP pools as well and deal more damage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's pretty much nothing I hate in games more than inventory limits. Especially in a game that's so insistent on offering you a constant stream of stuff to pick up. Infinite inventory is no more unbelievable than one with an arbitrary limit that still has no basis in the physical reality of the game! Bethesda need to purge them or go more hardcore. If everyone else could follow afterwards, that would be swell.

Warming a bit more to the game after another hour or two - adapting more to the routine, and appreciating the areas that have been refined. Still very much hope this is the swansong for Gamebryo then, it's definitely holding the whole thing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Didn't the original fallout games say power armour last for around 100 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Guy in diamond city market sells fusion cores and restocks everyday.

Finally! My Game.co.uk Pipboy Edition has arrived in parcel motel, will be ready to collect tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Still nothing off Parcel motel, not even a notification that they've got the item. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

There's pretty much nothing I hate in games more than inventory limits. Especially in a game that's so insistent on offering you a constant stream of stuff to pick up. Infinite inventory is no more unbelievable than one with an arbitrary limit that still has no basis in the physical reality of the game!

Except it is more unbelievable. Inventory value represents how much the character can physically manage, i.e. when you have too much it means your character isn't strong enough to carry that much stuff. Infinite inventory makes no sense ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I do like the tunes played on Diamond City Radio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone playing on the higher difficulties? I'm playing on Very Hard primarily as a melee fighter with guns being used in some situations to soften enemies up but i find i'm very squishy. I have 5 points in END and about 50 Physical Damage resistance. Power Armour gives 500+ Physical damage resistance but I have yet to use the Power Armour outside of the mission that required it.

Seems like i have to use the Power Armour to survive in most combat situations. Doesn't it use a Battery that can be depleted? Kind of don't want to use it for that reason alone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Hoping to get a good session of this tonight, 4 cans of monster √ fallout 4 √ tiny bit if free time √√√

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Basswizard

If there are any argos reservation codes going spare for Fallout on ps4 in dublin city centre it would be greatly appreciated, I know im clutching at straws here but ive been trying everything to pick this up...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

GodlessM wrote: »
    Except it is more unbelievable. Inventory value represents how much the character can physically manage, i.e. when you have too much it means your character isn't strong enough to carry that much stuff. Infinite inventory makes no sense ever.

Let me clarify: IMO there is no additional suspension of disbelief when it comes to a magical, invisible backpack with infinite storage space, compared to a magical, invisible backpack in which I can store 15 guns and a literal tonne of junk but not an additional lunchbox :) The only significant difference is the latter category breeds more busywork for the player (Witcher 3 had the same problem, albeit one they minimised with a patch IIRC).

I have no problem whatsoever with strength based RPG mechanics, incidentally - like you're only able to equip (or even pick up) certain armour or weapons with the requisite stats. That to me is a fair rule that enhances the game's tension and RPG aspects. But as said the inventory limit sticks out since it already requires substantial suspension of disbelief, and if anything seems to run counter to the 'collect it all!' philosophy and mechanics deeply embedded in the game design here.

Hoping to get a good session of this tonight, 4 cans of monster √ fallout 4 √ tiny bit if free time √√√

4 cans of monster. Go easy on that stuff bahh ffs :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Let me clarify: IMO there is no additional suspension of disbelief when it comes to a magical, invisible backpack with infinite storage space, compared to a magical, invisible backpack in which I can store 15 guns and a literal tonne of junk but not an additional lunchbox :) The only significant difference is the latter category breeds more busywork for the player (Witcher 3 had the same problem, albeit one they minimised with a patch IIRC).

I have no problem whatsoever with strength based RPG mechanics, incidentally - like you're only able to equip (or even pick up) certain armour or weapons with the requisite stats. That to me is a fair rule that enhances the game's tension and RPG aspects. But as said the inventory limit sticks out since it already requires substantial suspension of disbelief, and if anything seems to run counter to the 'collect it all!' philosophy and mechanics deeply embedded in the game design here.

If you have Mary Poppins backpack there is no need to have a settlement since you become a walking city. Would that not change the game in a much more severe way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

trixiebust wrote: »
    Any one get theirs from the game collection? Watched the postman walk straight past my door this morning. Fcuker.

No.

The waiting is horrible. I'm nearly tempted to pay the extra 20 and buy it on PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    4 cans of monster. Go easy on that stuff bahh ffs :O

Not the biggest fan of the stuff or what it does, I'll probably have 1 or 2 before I quit...........anyone got any jet, just a little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Vault Dwellers Guide is back in stock on amazon, I think it was this thread yesterday where people were looking for them.

Advertisement